Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

A Pretender Story XXIX A Pretender Story XXIX Written By: Archangel/Evanescent

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to NBC, MTM and Pretender Productions.

“What? Where’s Angelo?” Ms. Parker demanded, Jason looked at her, confused,

“Who’s Angelo?” He asked

“You son of a b%#@! He’s Jarod’s friend, you killed him!!” Ms. Parker screamed, she hit him hard, knocking him toward the wall, Jason turned pale as he realized what he had done.

“Ms. Parker…Angelo here.” Angelo slowly walked into the room, Ms. Parker laughed in relief and hugged him.

Jason blew out a sigh of relief and looked over at Jarod, only to find a woman standing in front of him, he raised his eyes, it was Nia. He watched in stunned silence as she walked toward him with tears running down her cheeks, she drew him into her arms, “Don’t ever do that to me again, do you understand me! I was so scared, & thought that I would never be able to see you again to say,” She cried, cupping his face with her hands and raised it to hers, “To say that I love you too.” Jason stood frozen, was his brain working right he thought wildly, but when his love brushed her lips over his, he knew he was. Ms. Parker stared in shock and relief washed over her body, she felt happy, not because Nia found a new love, it was because Jarod...

Angelo walked over to his best friend, he touched his forehead with the palm of his hand, he jerked back suddenly, “Jarod!” He yelled, so loud the people sleeping in the next room heard him and came running into the room.

“Angelo.” Mr. Parker whispered when he pushed open the door.

“Jarod…sleeping…” Angelo moaned, he sat down on the chair and continued to rest his hand on his forehead.

“Yes he is Angelo.” Ms. Parker said softly

Jason told the news to everyone, though Mr. Parker was disappointed the empire he built was destroyed, he rather have it burned than to let it fall to his son. Now that everyone had gained their freedom, it’s time to follow their dreams Jason thought looking into the coffee brown eyes of Nia and sigh happily. He gazed at his beloved friend and felt a sense of sadness, in order to gain freedom for all, someone had to be sacrificed, he would never forget Jarod he thought, the hero who started it all.


1100 Hours

Mr. Parker walked silently out of the room, he doesn’t deserve to live, all the while Jason was talking, he kept his eyes on the sleeping pretender, silently begging him to wake up but he never did. He sat down on the chair and leaned against the wall.

Ms. Parker quietly excused herself and walked outside, “Daddy,” she spoke softly, he looked up at her

“Angel, it’s all my fault,” He whispered

“Yes it is Daddy,” She answered,

“I never thought—“

“Neither did I. In fact, looking back, we were all to blame. Jarod helped us, yet we betrayed him over and over again. But that’s going to change,"

“How?”

“We’re going to get him back. One day.”


St. Marie’s Hospital

1200 Hours

1 Year later

Ms. Parker walked down the hallway toward Jarod’s room, a bouquet of flowers in her hand and a novel on the other. It’s been a year since the accident and she had been working hard at her new job as a corporate lawyer and spending the rest of her time on Jarod’s bedside. He’ll wake up she thought with confidence, and I’m going to be the first person he sees when he opened his eyes.

“Ms. Parker!” Sydney cried, running toward her with Michelle, Ms. Parker smiled, ever since he gained his freedom, he went back to his sweetheart and they moved near the hospital to be closer to Jarod. Nicholas visited often, his father told he and his mother the whole story of the Centre and ever since then, he been visiting Jarod once a day to talk. Though the conversation is one sided, the man always felt that Jarod was there to listen to him, but never could explain why.

“Syd,” Ms. Parker said, smiling

“Nia’s having another child again! She wanted all of us to go over to her house tonight at 7 to celebrate. Will you come?”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world,”

“Good, I need to go, I have to meet Nicolas right now.” He rushed over to Jarod’s room and opened the door, he walked in and kissed his pretender on the forehead. “I love you Jarod.” He whispered, Michelle looked kindly at him as she set the bouquet down and followed Sydney as they walked out the door.

Nia is having another baby, Ms. Parker thought with silent laughter. She and Jason got married in February 14 and had twins nine months after that, it’s only been three months since she last had her baby and now she’s pregnant again. Her daughter, Samantha and her brother, Jarod was beautiful, but they were little terrors, because they already learned how to talk, nothing could ever quiet them down, drove his parents crazy.

Mr. Peterson also moved his family near the hospital and visit as much as he could. Her father was another story, he became the head of the medical board and see to it that Jarod had the best equipment available. He lived near the hospital too, and visited everyday, every few hours for that matter, so much that she had to lock the doors at times to keep him out.

She opened the door and walked in, she sat down on his bedside smiling at him, “Good morning Jarod, I brought flowers for your room. I won a case in court today, the bastard lawyer were staring too much at my legs to keep track of what he was saying.” She laughed, she yawned, I guess I’m still tired she thought and crawled into the bed, she’s been doing that often, since they removed his oxygen mask and all those tubes she been doing it everyday. She rested her head against his pillow facing him and closed her eyes.

Jarod’s finger moved as he slowly opened his eyes, he looked around, where am I he thought and turned his head, he saw his love resting next to him and smiled. Moving his arm slowly he touched her shoulder gently. Ms. Parker opened her eyes and smiled so beautifully that it took his breath away.

“Jarod,” Ms. Parker said softly, “I love you.” She closed her eyes and smiled contentedly, Jarod’s eyes filled with love and happiness and he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer, he kissed her forehead and closed his eyes.

Hmm…the End? Not yet…