Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

A Pretender Story (25 of ?) A Pretender Story (25 of ?) Written By: Archangel/Evanescent

Ms. Parker gripped her father’s hand as her legs collapsed under her. Mr. Parker quickly held her daughter to him though he himself wanted to collapse himself, he sat down with her holding her tightly for fear of she’ll fall apart once he let go. Sydney’s eyes filled with tears and he leaned against the wall, the hope in both Broot’s and Mr. Peterson’s eyes died, I couldn’t save him, Mr. Peterson thought sorrowfully.

“Can we…can we see him?” Sydney asked hoarsely

“Yes, he’s in room 687, just down the hallway.” The surgeon then walked down the hallway and disappeared around the corner. Ms. Parker slowly got up and moved away from her father’s embrace, she slowly walked down the hallway with tears running down her cheeks she stopped in front of Jarod’s room. She turned the doorknob and opened the door hesitating before she goes in. The room was so quiet, the sound of the respirator humming and plastic IV bags hung dripping nutrients necessary for him to live. She looked down at the sleeping form, his long eyelashes rested on his cheeks, and an oxygen mask covered his nose and mouth was the only thing that convinced her that he was still alive. Choking on her tears, she sat down on a chair next to his bed and put her hand over his limp one, hoping for a reaction, anything that told her he was there yet there was none.

Mr. Parker walked slowly into the room with the rest, the lost look his daughter gave him when he looked at her told him everything, that she loved this man as much as he loved her. He put a hand on her shoulder, offering comfort but he knew she hadn’t noticed, how could she paid attention to anything when her love is never going to wake up?

Sydney walked over to the other side of the bed and gently brushed his hand on his pretender’s cheek. He looked like he was merely sleeping, like he would soon opened his eyes and give him a grin like he always had while he was at the Centre, though it was an empty smile, at least he was alive then. Broots stood near the door but he kept his eyes on the pretender, he never thought this would be the end, it couldn’t be he thought, he doesn’t deserve it, no one does.

Jason leaned against the wall, he must call Nia, he thought, he needed her, it wasn’t suppose to end like this, he thought, we were all going to escape from the Centre and disappear. Of course Jarod would take Ms. Parker, Broots and Sydney with him but we were all going to disappear, they would never be able to find us, it wasn’t suppose to end like this. He walked out of the room and toward the direction of the pay phone.

The Major stood like a statue, watching his son, everything seemed like a haze to him, he wasn’t aware of the ringing of his cell phone on his coat pocket and continued to stare off into nothingness. The cell phone rang three times, then it stopped, after a few minutes it rang again.


Hunting Shack

1800 Hours

Young Jarod looked at the phone, something happened or else dad would’ve picked up the phone by now he thought, grabbing the DSA player and the cell phone, he ran out the door.


Blue Cove

1900 Hours

“Mom! Dad’s not responding!” Emily cried, she threw a worried look at her mother

“That’s strange, your father always picked up the phone. Something’s wrong. Emily, could you figure out where he is? Check the hospitals just in case.” Margaret said, wringing her hands pacing back and forth. Even though they had lost each other, they tried to stay in contact, her husband always kept his cellular phone with him in case of emergency, she thought what happened?

Emily nodded, she logged onto the Internet, after a few minutes she whispered in shock, “Mom…come see this.”

Margaret walked over to the computer screen and read it, she let out a cry, “Jarod!” and rushed out the door with Emily running after her.

(We see the computer screen)

St. Marie’s Hospital

Room 687

Comatose Patient: Jarod Wright