Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

A Pretender Story (23 of ?) A Pretender Story (23 of ?) Written By: Evanescent/Archangel

“Hold on Jarod. Just how the hell are we going to do that?” Ms. Parker asked after she hit Willie over the head with the end of her gun, he dropped to the floor.

“Just leave it up to me—“ Jarod began

“And what about my father? He’s not going to be happy when he finds out about this,”

“Look Parker, there’s a whole lot more at stake than pleasing your father. Besides, he wouldn’t know a thing until after I get my father out.”

“Okay, whatever you do, I’m out, I can’t have my father finding out I have anything to do with this.” And with that she walked off, swearing to herself that she would have no part of rescuing the lab rat’s father.

“Sydney, Broots, you should go with her,” Jarod said quietly, stung by Ms. Parker’s words but why should he be surprised? That’s how she had been for the past 30 years.

“But Jarod—“ Sydney protested

“We can’t let anyone become suspicious of us. Now go.” Broots silently nodded and giving Sydney a look, he and Sydney followed Ms. Parker

“All right Jason, we got work to do,” Jarod whispered. “After we take care of those two.” Looking over at Raines and Willie.


Major Charles’s Cell

700 Hours

The Major sat on his bed, his head resting against the walls, the sweepers had interrogated him for the past six hours to find out the location of his other son but he refused to give them the information. He touched his bruised cheek, damn it, he got to find a way out. A sound came through the air vent, the Major watched in shock as the video camera went off and his son jumped down from the air vent. “Jarod!” He cried

“It’s time to get you out of here dad,” Jarod said walking toward him

The Major jumped back, “Hold on a minute, how do I know this is not some Centre trick? I saw you shoot that family! There was blood everywhere…” he swallowed hard, remembering the events that happened the last few days

“It’s called tomato paste dad, I’ll explain it to you later. Now is not the time.” The Major walked over to the air vent and climbed in, Jarod followed.


Blue Cove

Abandoned Warehouse

800 Hours

Raines woke up to utter darkness, anger surged through him and he bolted up from the cold ground, only to hit into something hard.

“Mr. Raines?” Willie asked,

“Get me out of here Willie.” Raines snapped

“Right away Mr. Raines.” Willie felt a doorknob next to him and opened it, they walked out and looked at their surroundings, it was as if they were in a rat cage on a larger scale. Raines picked up a message written on one of the cheeses, it said “Lab Rats” with that, he scowled and sat down.

Willie searched for his cell phone, he found it and withdrew it from his jacket, Raines snatched the phone from him and after dialing he said to the mouthpiece, “Jarod is back, he’s helping his father escape. Get us out and get him.”


The Centre

800 Hours

“I’m on it,” Lyle answered, he then picked up the phone and punched in a series of numbers. “Get a sweeper team and get Raines out of there, he had a tracer in his cellular phone so you’ll know where to find him and get another sweeper team over here, Jarod had escaped again.” Smiling, he walked out the door.


Air Vent

900 Hours

We need to get tell Ms. Parker and the others that we’re all right,” Jason told his friend,

Jarod glared at him, “No we don’t, besides, Ms. Parker doesn’t care remember? She said she wants no part of this,” he snapped Pain flashed in his eyes and from that instant, Jason knew that his friend had fallen in love with her. Smiling, he shook his head. “Why are you laughing? This isn’t funny.”

All three jumped when they heard the sound of the alarm going off, “All right, now we really need escape.” The Major said as the three men started crawling as fast as they could


Ms. Parker’s Office

900 Hours

“Ms. Parker we need—“ Sydney was interrupted when the screeching sound of the alarms echoed through the hallway.

“Damn it, It’s always the smart ones that do something stupid.” Ms. Parker snapped, with a curse Ms. Parker got up from her chair and ran out the door, Broots and Sydney following close behind.

Ms. Parker stopped suddenly when a gun was pushed to her head, Mr. Raines stepped out of the shadows smirking, “You’re not going to get away from this Raines, my father—“ She snarled

“Our father, wouldn’t be able to help you out of this one Sis,” Lyle came behind Raines grinning slyly “Apparently it seems that you have been helping the wrong people in the pursuit of Jarod, we can’t have that at the Centre now can we Raines?”


Air Vent

1000 Hours

Jarod was crawling as fast as he could until something grabbed his attention, peering through the vent he saw Mr. Raines holding a gun to Ms. Parker’s head, without a word he kicked the opening and jumped down, landing on the man with the gun.

“JAROD!”