Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

A Pretender Story XX A Pretender Story XX Written By: Archangel

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to NBC, MTM and Pretender Productions.

Outside Nia’s House

1505 Hours

“Ms. Parker!” Sydney cried, he caught up to her, and planted himself right in front of her

“What?!” Ms. Parker yelled, the hurt and anger that glittered in her eyes caused Sydney to grimace.

Suddenly they heard a yell coming from the house, Ms. Parker shoved Sydney out of the way and ran toward the source of the noise.


Nia’s House

1510

“Jarod, listen to me!” Jason yelled, he tried his best in pinning Jarod to the ground but he was too strong, he threw Jason off him and jumped up, furious. I have to keep on pretending Jarod thought frantically, he quickly ran to the door, opened it, and tumbled over Ms. Parker. He hit his head hard on the concrete floor, dazed, he held his head as every piece of his forgotten memory came flooding back…


(Flashback)

Young Jarod: Hi Mum. Hi Dad. I'm so happy to see you again. Hello mother. Father. It's very good to see again. (He turns to Sydney.) Sydney, I can't decide what to say and this tie isn't working.

Sydney: Jarod, just try and relax. (Sydney fixed young Jarod's tie.)

Young Jarod: Just please tell me what to say.

Sydney: Trust your feelings and you'll be fine.

(Flashback)

The Centre

Sim Lab

(Kenny, a janitor who befriended Jarod before his escape, was sitting with Jarod at a table. Jarod is teaching Kenny how to make an origami swan.)

Kenny: Oh Jarod I'll never be able to do this.

Jarod: Sure you can. We'll keep on practicing. (He pulled another sheet of paper…)

(Flashback)

(Jarod leans over the body of Kyle who is dying before his eyes.)

Jarod: Stay with me little brother. I'm going to get you to a hospital.

Kyle: It's too late, Jarod. AH! (Broots, Sydney and Miss Parker continue to stare at them.)

Jarod: Don't you say that. Look at me. Come on. Just . . . Just think. Think about of all the good times we're going to have together.

Kyle: I'm sorry Jarod.

Jarod: For what?

Kyle: For everything. (He blew out his last breath and went limp.)

Jarod: No. Oh no.

(He slowly let go of his brother’s hand and watched as Kyle’s hand fell limply over his chest.)


“Jarod are you all right? Jarod?” Sydney cried, he looked into Jarod’s eyes and saw Jarod, not Michael, Jarod, his Jarod.

“Sydney?” Jarod asked confused, the pain in his head increased and he collapsed, crumpling onto the floor

“Jarod!” Ms. Parker yelled, she turned and saw Jason

“Get him in the house!” Nia ordered quickly, she glanced over at Jason and was as surprised as the rest when he made his way over to the fallen body and picked Jarod up gently and carried him to the house.


Nia’s House

1700 Hours

Jarod opened his eyes and looked around at his surroundings, where am I? He thought, then realization hit him, he’s in Nia’s house, and soon the events that happened yesterday came flooding back to him. Everything Raines said to me was a lie, he realized, he tried to sit up but soon dizziness blurred his vision and a comforting hand pressed something wet onto his forehead and push his head back onto the bed. He looked up and saw it was Nia.

“Nia.” He whispered, she smiled softly and kept her hand on his head, pressing the towel on his forehead.

“Sh…you got a nasty bump on the head, just rest.” She said, running her other hand through his hair.

I need to keep on pretending, Jarod thought, he took Nia’s hand and remove it from his forehead, “Thank you for your hospitality Ms. Pedron—“ Nia’s eyes filled with hurt as Jason walked in. Nia quickly gave him a look, and Jason quickly knew that Jarod was still Michael.

“Jarod,” Jason pleaded, Jarod looked at him with cold glittering eyes, “You need to listen to me—“

“My name is Michael.” Jarod said slowly, dangerously. Jason sighed and walked out the door; Nia gave Jarod a pleading look but soon followed after Jason. As soon as the two walked out of the room and closed the door, Jarod blew out a sigh of relief and began to think up a plan to save his father, Mr. Parker and…Ms. Parker.


Living Room

Nia’s House

1730 Hours

“I couldn’t get through to Jarod,” Jason said,

“Don’t worry, give him time,” Nia said touching his shoulder,

“All right, Jason, it’s time to take you back to the Centre.” Ms. Parker said, pointing a gun at him, Jason turned around and look directly at her,

“Apparently Ms. Parker didn’t know—“Jason began

“Know what?” Ms. Parker snapped,

“That Raines is planning to kill Jarod’s father and yours once I’m captured and brought back to the Centre. Of course, now that I am considered a weak asset, he would probably use Michael to do his dirty job for him,”

“So Raines is going to order Jarod to kill Mr. Parker and his own father?” Sydney asked,

“Precisely.”

“And why the hell should we believe you?” Ms. Parker demanded.

“Because, the lives of your father and the Major is at stake,” Jason looked at her straight in the eyes, “Including yours.”