Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to NBC, MTM and Pretender Productions.
 
 

A Pretender Story
part XIV
by Evanescent


Angelo watched as Mr. Raines and Jason walked out the door.  He quickly jumped down from the air vent and ran to his computer, he typed quickly, then moved his mouse and clicked.

***

Hunting Shack
1400 Hours

"Sydney, you should come and see this," Major said, typing on his computer, he just received e-mail. Sydney walked over and looked into the computer screen

(View of Computer screen)

Centre coming.

C.J

"We need to move. Get Jarod and the others."

****

Outside
1500 Hours

"Mr. Raines, we can’t find them." Willie said, walking out of the cabin.

Raine’s eyes blazed and he abruptly turned, walked toward his limousine, and got into it.  "They have escaped me again." He rasped as Willie shut the door for him.

As they drove away, Jarod and the others came out of their hiding place, breathing hard but were glad that they have escaped.

****

Holiday Inn
1800 Hours

"We can’t go on like this. The Centre will find us wherever we go." Jarod said, he was sitting on a chair in the bedroom, holding his chin with his left hand.

"My son’s right. We’ve got to think of something.." Major said.

"In the meantime, I’m going to take a shower." Ms. Parker replied as she walked to the bathroom and shut the door.

Jarod stood up and walked over to the bed and sat down.  How was he going to be able to protect them if he couldn’t even protect himself? He thought.  What is he doing?  He is figuring out ways to protect these people, those people that Raines told him to kill on sight…he couldn’t now, not if he wanted to, he had gotten too close.

"Jarod, Jarod? Are you okay son?" Major asked worriedly

"Yeah, I’m fine Dad." Jarod replied.  I need to get back to the Centre and stop this once and for all, He thought, I have to.

*****

Holiday Inn
2300 Hours

Jarod slowly got up from his bed and quietly got dressed, he walked over to Ms. Parker and pressed his hand against her cheek, she stirred but didn’t woke up.  Pain and longing filled his eyes as he bend down to her ear and whispered, "Don’t forget me Ms. Parker," He looked at the rest of the people of the room and then silently opened the door and disappeared as the door closed behind him.

Ms. Parker stirred in her sleep; she felt someone whispered in her ear but thought it was only a dream

****

Holiday Inn
700 Hours

Major Charles woke up to shouting and yelling, Young Jarod was shaking him, roughly.  "What the—" he asked confused.

"Jarod’s gone!" Young Jarod cried fearfully, "I couldn’t find him!"
 
 

Any Compliments or Criticisms

Thank you!!