Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first Fanfic so please send feedback. Sorry for all the grammatical errors if there are any. English is my worst subject.
Disclaimer: I don’t own them. Wish I could say that I did, but oh well. I am not trying to profit off this story. I just hope to entertain.

 

Lost Time
By: AshleeKyle





He felt so tired that he could barely keep his head up. He had just finished getting settled into his new place, yet another one. All the moving around was beginning to wear him down. There were dark circles under his eyes and the stress was enough to cause in normal person to go insane, but he wasn’t normal he was a pretender. Thus, he was cursed by genetics to be hunted down like an animal, treated like a dog, and expected to be coy about it. His life was a complicated one to say the least and whom could he turn to in his time of need, no one. His family was in shambles because of them. They always lurked in the shadows waiting and watching especially that snake she calls a brother, Lyle. The mere sound of his name began to make his blood run hot. If he every saw Lyle, he was sure he would kill him and not think twice. The bed looked so inviting, but he knew his mind would not let sleep come to him. He had to do something, so he began searching for the damn computer. New surrounds were nice but sometimes he like the consistence the Centre offered. Hell he had to admit, sometimes he missed the place not Raines or Lyle but he missed her. She always invaded his thoughts after all she was beautiful. He had only seen her once but he could remember the sound of her voice, the smell of her perfume, and the way she looked at him. It was the first time anyone have every looked at him like he was a person not a lab rat or science experiment. She did that to him, made him feel important and he was grateful to her for it. Giving up on his search for the computer, he decided to climb into bed and at least try to sleep. He could feel sleep edging at his mind, but he wondered how long the sleep would last.

He watched his self-entering the sim lab just like he did countless times before, but something felt different this time. Something was out of place, but all his stuff looked untouched and then it hit him. Someone was in here with him, but where were they and did they want to hurt him. He was beginning to panic. The fear of not knowing what is going to happen was driving him insane. If they were going to come for him damn it just do it and quit screwing with his mind. It always went back to mind games always testing and measuring his reactions. They never knew when to quit. Then he saw movement in the left corner of the sim lab. Damn going quietly into the night, he was going to fight whoever it was that threatened him now. He slowly began to make his way over to the corner with level shoulders and confidence. He refused to let them see his fear. He could not see the intruder to well because of the dim lighting in the corner, but he could make out the outline of the intruder’s body. It was setting in fetal position as if something or someone had hurt it. The soft sounds of a girl crying began to filter into his mind, and he knew the intruder was a girl. “What’s the matter? What happened? Did someone hurt you?” She slowly began to stop crying, and then she looked up at him. Time began to stand still at that moment. She was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen in his entire life. The tears were shining in her eyes and he wanted nothing more than to reach out to her and wipe her tears away but so how he knew she would not all him to comfort her. She seemed untouchable to him. Even though all he had to do was take a few more steps toward her and he would be standing over her. He waited to her what she had to say some how he knew it would change his life hopefully for the better. She had the deepest blue eyes and beautiful dark hair.

“Why Jayce? Why?” She looked at him accusing him of something and demanding answers to what he was not sure.

“Who’s Jayce?”

“You of course. Answer the question, Jayce. I have a right to know. Why?” Fire blazed in her eyes. She came here to get her answers knowing she would find him here, and now she would not let him leave without the answers she desired. She held him there in that place with her eyes. They seemed to stare deeply into his soul.

“How do we know each other?”

“I didn’t come here to play your stupid games. Answer the question!”

“Who are you?”

“You know exactly who I am. Now answer the DAMN question!”

“Angel?” At that moment, she let out a blood-curding scream that filled the sim lab.

“I never want to see you again”

He sat straight up in his bed. He could feel his heart racing. Who was she and how did she know him. What did she say his name was? Oh yes, Jayce. No one called him that since he had left the Centre, and even then only one person called him that, Angel. It wasn’t possible. Angel was dead, Raines told him that she had got sick and died. That was when his soul had died. She was his soul. Was it possible that Raines had lied about her death? Could she still be alive and angry with him? He had to find out. Then, he heard a sound outside his room getting closer. The doorknob turned and the door slowly began to open. Jayce was frozen in his spot. He could not take his eyes off the door.

“Son, are you okay?” Major Charles asked with concern for the boy written on his face.

“Yeah dad. I fine.” Jayce breathed a sigh of relief knowing it was not her coming to accuse him of what.

“Are you sure? I heard you call out for an Angel.” Charles was not buying Jayce story something was clearly bothering him.

“Just a crazy dream dad. Don’t worry.”

“Okay well get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow. We are going to rendezvous with Jarod at 11:00.” He would let the boy think he had fooled him. The boy would tell him in his own time, of that he was sure.

Jayce lays back down in his bed, again. He heard his dad leave the room. “Yes, tomorrow I am going to find out if Angel is alive. If she is god help them. I will come for you my Angel, my love” and with that he drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

TBC

Please send me feedback. Let me know if I should continue or not.