Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Title: I’m Learning

Author: AtlantianDream

Disclaimer: You and I both know that if Jarod and Miss Parker and co. were mine the series would still be on………instead their not…ergo why we must write stories to entertain ourselves! Don’t have any money so don’t sue!

Rating: R

It couldn’t be his fault. Things couldn’t be the way they were. She couldn’t be gone. She just couldn’t be.

These thoughts whizzed through his head. The overwhelming guilt of failure and sadness washing over him is what kept him from sleep.

She was his best friend………..and no one knew how close they were. They shared a bond that went past walls and the physical world………..they’re connection was deeper.

He missed her………he missed her oh so much. And it was his fault. It was his fault she wasn’t there with him.

She was the only thing that kept him sane in that hellhole. The only thing that kept him from giving up was her smile. She would comfort him. Tell him that everything would be all right. The waiting was long…but freedom was worth the wait.

Every experience that he had…. he thought how the experience would be better…if she were with him. Every new idea, every new thought, every new person, every new city, anything and everything that was new. Everything was less because she wasn’t with him.

It tore him up inside. She was so beautiful. So much like him. A soul held down by the bowls of hell. Never allowed to shine bright for the whole world to see. Instead locked away…hidden from the world as if they were monsters that need to be kept away from society. But they weren’t…. he wasn’t.

He had to stop thinking about her. Had to stop thinking about sharing everything with her. The tears ran down his face…hidden behind the darkness of night.

No one could know. No one could find out about her, about what he knew about her. How it was his fault that she was gone. He closed is eyes and saw her face. She was smiling at him. He smiled a watery joyful smile.

At least she would be there in his dreams. At least they couldn’t take that from him. Slowly with the image of her face in his mind…. he slowly drifted…to sleep.
He woke up a bit disoriented. It was still dark out. He sighed at that. The idea that he could look up at the sky and she couldn’t causing his heart to ache...then again, she could be looking down on him from the sky...if he believed in such things.

She did. She believed in such a thing as God. He did too when she was with him. But now hope and religion held no meaning to him.

He was soo tired. So very tired. The continuous running kept him occupied during the day...but at night...when the moon came out...he thought of her. He always thought of her. She was his other half; he couldn’t help but think of her. Everything revolved around the fact that they were bound together. Everything. Every secret, every mystery, and every lie...it was because of their bond.

And now she was gone.

He laughed at the irony. How some prophecy foretold of their future...how it could all be soo wrong...because she was dead.

He rose from his bed quietly...so as not to wake the others. He slowly went over to the window. He placed his hands on the sill at the top and leaned into the window. His eyes a brown color in the reflection bothered him...but the beautiful moon in the distance. It reminded him of her. How no matter how dark everything seemed...she could be the light among the darkness and shadows.

From the jacket he wore, he reached into an inside pocket- a hidden pocket, he pulled out a photo. This was another special person. With the hand holding the photo he caressed the face of the person on the photo with his finger.

Mom.

His Mother.

What would she say to him if she learned of his failure? What would he tell her? How could he explain it to her...when he couldn’t even explain it to himself? There was no way. He placed the photo down on the windowsill and did something that he had not done in many years.

He got down on his knees and prayed.

He prayed for forgiveness. He prayed for the souls that had been hurt because of the Centre. But more importantly...he prayed for the chance to see his mother again.

As he prayed the tears fell once again. Exhausted from the emotions he poured into the prayer, he rose from his kneeling position and threw himself into the bed...forgetting his mother’s picture on the sill.
He stirred because the light from the window shined onto his face...for no other reason then that. He looked over at the alarm clock on the nightstand. Yep. He had gotten up before the alarm went off.

Two hour sleep, that’s how much he had slept all night.

He got up from bed and began to make the others some coffee and breakfast so they could leave in a hurry this morning.

The constant change in scenery never really upset him much...it was only that he felt alone...even when surrounded by family. The problem was...it wasn’t his family.

These people though blood related...they would never really know and understand him...he was alone.

But he loved them. He loved them from the bottom of his heart.

“Hey boy!” He heard Major Charles call out from behind him. He smiled before turning around.

“Hey!” he responded.

“What are you doing up so early?” the Major inquired.

He grimaced at the question.

“Nightmares again?” asked the Major.

He nodded in response.

“Yah...just can’t seem to make them stop.” He said.

The major walked up to him and put both hands on his shoulders.

“You spent your life in a hell I couldn’t even start to imagine. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Just remember ... ‘All good things...to those who wait.’

He looked away from the Major and nodded at this saying.

The Major gave him two quick pats on his shoulder.

“Why don’t you start taking the bags to the car...we don’t have to much time to dally. You don’t mind starting now do you?” the Major inquired.

He gave the Major a big smile.

“No...I don’t mind.”

The Major chuckled to the reply.

“That a boy.”

He put down his cup of coffee and began to take their things to the car.

The Major went ahead and did a final look around before Emily woke up to see if they had forgotten anything...when suddenly his eye caught the reflection of a shiny material at the window.

He approached the window and his eyes widened at what the object was. It was a picture.

But not just any picture.

Odd.

He didn’t recall having a picture of her. She was very beautiful. No doubt in whom she was...the colors in the picture were very vibrant.

But how did the picture come to be.

He shook his head as he looked down at the photograph of a beautiful Miss Parker.