Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclamer- I do not own the characters, blah, blah,blah

Author's Notes- This is my first English story, therefore if you have not guessed English is not my mothertongue. It did get the story edited but there might be mistakes remaining. Please leave reviews, constructive critisism is very welcomed.


It was late afternoon when Miss parker got back from the Centre. It was quite unusual for her to be home so early, but Parker hadn’t been herself lately. She dragged down by the darkness that filled her life. She had stop fighting a long time ago, when she had gotten back from Carthis. After refusing Jarod’s turning point and him had just vanishing, she had given up on life. She couldn’t remember the last time she had smiled; not that it mattered anymore. She had made her decision, her mind was made up and tonight there would be no coming back. She did not feared death; she welcomed it. For the first in many months, she felt at peace. Tonight was going to be free.

Everything had been cautiously prepared and taught through. She had made sure to make everything as easy as possible for the few she would leave behind. There was Sydney, Broots, Debbie and maybe, just maybe Jarod. But she couldn’t take it anymore; she could only hope they would understand. She had written each of them a letter. To say goodbye, to tell what she had to tell them, so that there would be no unfinished business.

Now that everything was settled, she went in her bathroom and took a long, hot, calming bath full of perfumes and essences. She wanted to enjoy fully every minute she had left. She then changed in her favourite outfit: a denim skirt and a light flowery blouse. Nothing to do with the Ice Queen façade she put on at the Centre everyday, tonight she wanted to be herself, to be Melanie.

She took the pills and alcohol cocktail she had purchase. She lit a fire and sat down on the couch. She poured herself a drink and starting swallowing the pills, two at a time; two had always been her favourite number. The moment there was two persons in a room, neither could be lonely. Everything was going smoothly and she was happy. She had no more worries, no more pain, and no more fears. She rested her head on the cushions and remembered all the good memories. The time she had spent with her mom when she was still a sweet innocent little girl. When they would go the park and feed the birds. She remembered Sydney and how he had always cared for her. Debbie with whom she had spent so many happy moments. She taught about Thomas, the first man who had loved her for who she really was, she could not wait to see him again. Finally memories of Jarod flashed through her mind, the years they had spent together and the ones after his escape…

Slowly the world around her started to fade. A smile appeared on Miss parker’s face, as she felt asleep forever… She was walking in a bright-lighted tunnel, there was a beautiful silhouette at the end of road, and she was waiting for her. With every step she took, the silhouette got clearer and clearer until finally she could recognise her mom. The beautiful woman took her child’s hand and whispered in her ear: ‘’You’re safe now, I’ll take care of you…’’