Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

The 1st look.

Written By: Archangel/Evanescent

Disclaimer: The characters in this story belong to NBC, MTM and Pretender Productions.




“Come on Mars! You’re 18 years old and it’s about time you have a little fun and living your own life!” Cat cried, pulling her best friend by the arm and pulling her down the street, Mars tripped and fell, landing on her stomach. Cat ran over to help her up, “Why are you such a clux? Ever since we’re in elementary school you would either hit your head, trip and land on something, or something would’ve hit you instead, it was as if you were jinxed at birth or something.”

“Oh, I’m sorry Cat,” Margaret said softly. She stood up and gently brushed the dirt off her dress, she looked up at the beautiful evergreen trees and sigh, today she would watch Charles play basketball again, if only he would just notice her. It’s her senior year and her last chance to see him again, after this year they would go their separate ways, who knows when they’ll see each other again. She spotted a small bird on the tree, its wing seem to be caught on something. She slowly began to climb up the tree.

“Mars! What are you doing? You’re going to get yourself killed!” Cat cried

“In a minute! I just need to get that bird!” Margaret cried, she gently took the bird’s wing off the branch and patted it slowly, the bird chirped happily and flew away, suddenly, the branch she was hanging onto gave way and she fell.

“MARGARET!” Cat screamed

Margaret shut her eyes, bracing herself for the hard fall, but she landed on something warm, brushing her long wavy hair out of the way she looked at what she landed on, right into the beautiful blue eyes of Charles.

Charles shook his head, getting the leaves off, what happened? He was walking along and when he looked up an angel it seems landed on him. He shook his head again, was he hallucinating? Who was this woman? Staring at her. Then he remembered who it was, the woman who was at every game, the one who sat on the stands, he tried to learn more about her but she always disappeared after the game ends. Margaret’s cheeks turned crimson, he gazed at her, she looks so beautiful when she blushed he thought.

“I’m, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean—“ Margaret looked down, she blew it. All she ever wanted was for Charles to notice her but never like this,

“Mars! Don’t ever do that to me AGAIN!” Cat cried, rushing over to the two, she took one look at Charles and arched an eyebrow at her best friend and quickly backed away, if only I have some popcorn she thought happily, finally able to see the two together

“I’m so sorry, I was, I was—“ Margaret stuttered, slowly getting up

“For a minute I thought an angel fell on me,” he whispered, Margaret’s cheeks turn a deeper shade of red as she blushed with pleasure. Cat smiled happily, this must be fate, she thought.

“What’s your name?” Charles asked softly

“Margaret,” She replied, looking shyly into his eyes. It was the perfect shade of blue, like the color of the sea her mother used to describe for her. Charles stared at her, and repeated the name over and over in his head, Margaret he thought, what a beautiful name.

“Hello Margaret, my name is Charles. My friends call me Major.” He replied, he held his hand out to her.

“Hello Charles,” she said, slipping her hands into his in a handshake. His name sounds wonderful in her ears, Charles.

“Didn’t I see you at the game?” Charles asked, still holding her hand but Margaret made no move to remove it, he thought gratefully, he like the feeling of her hand in his palm, it felt so soft and warm against his.

“Yes, I was there to watch you play,” Immediately, Margaret looked away, she said too much she thought, she sneaked a peek at Charles, only to find him blush, he looks so adorable when he’s blushing she thought.

“Thank you. Um…do you want to get some food later on at lunch? I mean, with your friends and all.” He stammered

“Yes I would love to.” Margaret said happily, and smiled at him. His heart skipped a beat, even though she looks beautiful when she’s blushing, he thought, she looks even more beautiful when she’s smiling.

Getting up, he pulled Margaret up with him and the both stood there, blushing. Cat walked up to them and gave Margaret a thumbs up sign. Margaret swatted her hand away as Charles arched an eyebrow. Turning to the man Cat held out her hand, “Hi, I’m the best friend of the angel” Charles and Margaret blushed, “That just fell on you, my name’s Catherine, people call me Cat and it's nice to meet you.”