Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Although the characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Center, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and they were used without permission, the character ‘Isabel’ belongs to me. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended, so don’t sue!

Author’s note: Thank you for all the feedback! It really means a lot when we’re writing a fic for the first time! Carol, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you…you know why.




The Prophecy
part 4
by Amelia




“How she’s doing, gentlemen?” Raines asked, watching on the screens Isabel’s sleeping form. He couldn’t see her face, but her breathing told him she was fast asleep.

“She’s calm sir.” One of the dark suited men said. “She’s been reading and working over the computer and now she has fallen asleep.”

“Good.” Raines wheezed. “Has Dr. Price called yet?”

“Yes sir. The drugs are ready.”

“Excellent. Let her rest a few more minutes, then contact me.” He said, while exiting the dark room, dragging the oxygen tank behind him. Soon he would find out what exactly had scared Mr. Parker so much that had caused him jump out of a plane, in the middle of the ocean.

-*-*-*-*

“Who are you?” Isabel whispered, a little scared. Earlier that day she had felt a strange presence in her room. Someone, beside the men behind the cameras, had been watching her. Only after she had lied down on the bed, had the stranger talked to her. He was hidden in some kind of a vent, just above her bed. Knowing they were watching her every move, she remained still, as if she was sleeping.

“Girl sad. Angelo help girl” Was the stranger soft reply.

“Help me?” Isabel felt her eyes begin to fill with tears. Had someone heard her pleas? But…How? Or was this just another trick of that man and his crazy doctors?

“Girl wants to be free?”

“Yes.” She answered in a sob. Whoever this was, he had a gentle soul, Isabel could almost touch it. Angelo said nothing. For a couple of minutes there was no sound, nothing that could refute the idea that “Angelo” was nothing but her mind playing tricks on her. She had wished to be free for so long and now she was finally going mad. But then, the mysterious stranger returned, but this time he was right beside her bed, in some lower vent.

“Girl has to be strong. Evil doctor wants to know what girl knows ” Angelo whispered.

“I know, that’s why I have to get out of here. He’ll stop at nothing to get that information.”

“Jarod will help girl. Daughter will come for girl too.”

“Jarod?” Isabel almost jumped at the mention of his name. “You know Jarod? Where is he?” She practically demanded.

“Jarod free. He’ll be here soon to help girl. Angelo has to go now.”

“Thank you Angelo” She whispered, but heard no reply. The stranger was gone. So, there were others like her and Jarod…Jarod was coming to rescue her? How could that be? He was no longer a boy, that was for sure.

*If he’s no longer a boy and no longer a prisoner then the prophecy is going to come true! Angelo said something about a Daughter coming for me too…I wonder if she’s the heiress...*

Isabel couldn’t finish her thought as two men had entered the room. She sat and faced them with fake surprise.

“Mr. Raines wants to have a word with you:” They said and handcuffed her.

“Mr. Raines is afraid I’m going to attack him?” She asked mockingly, showing them the handcuffed hands. The two men just looked at her, emotionless.

“Let’s go!” They ordered and guided her out the door and through the corridor.

-*-*-*-*

Miss Parker sat quietly in her office, several documents scattered all over her desk. She wondered if any one had noticed how, lately, she liked to bury herself under the often ignored paper work. She hated it, but she had to occupy her mind with something…anything else. Her life had just gone from bad to worst. Two months had passed since her so-called father had presumably died and still they couldn’t find his body anywhere. Lyle had insisted on a funeral and Mr. Raines had practically threatened to kill her if she didn’t attend the ceremony. Now, the grave next to her mother’s was no longer blank. Her parents had been buried side by side, as they would have wanted…ironically both coffins were empty, still waiting for the respective bodies to show up.

Than, there was that little thing going on between Lyle and her. Raines really did know how to do things around there! Turn brother and sister into rivals was the safest and quickest way to get things done. Whatever happened, Raines would always win…Miss Parker had no choice, but to hunt Jarod until the most remote ends of the Earth, or she would end up like her father and mother…missing…

Jarod…

Closing her eyes, she sighed. Now that was a path she definitely could not cross! Her mind was torn between having to hunt him like an animal and to let him have his freedom. Her heart…now more then ever, she knew that whatever her mind decided, she would always lose. Did Jarod know that? She wondered, but immediately dismissed the idea. She didn’t want him even to suspect it.

“Miss Parker!” Broots stormed into her office like a bullet. Parker sat up straight, scared with Broots entry. The man was breathing erratically.

“You do that again Broots and by God you won’t see the coming of another day.” She uttered through grounded teeth.

“I’m s-sorry.” - Broots gulped. “ But I found out what Raines did in Africa, better yet, what he brought back.” He showed her a file.

“What am I looking at?” She asked, reading the file.

“File number 120383, code name: NEM.” Broots pointed out. Parker just stared at him and waited for more details. Broots gulped again. “It’s a person. Raines brought back someone from Africa.” He finally said.

“Another science experiment?” Miss Parker said as she got back to reading the file.

“The two teams make sense now.”

“Let’s hope whoever it is doesn’t turn out to be like Alex.” She frowned , with a disgusted look.

“Whoever it is, I’m sure they’ll be a freak. Can you imagine being raised in a place like that, by those crazy Zulu people? I can’t even begin to imagine the horrible things they did!” - Broots was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t see Miss Parker rise from her chair with an alarmed look on her face.

“And I’ve seen pretty repulsive ‘things’ in my life. When you work in a place like this we have to get used to those kinds of things, I know, but still…Miss Parker, are you alright?”

“Broots, find out where they’re keeping whoever Raines brought from Africa.” She ordered with a frantic look.

“I-I already did: SL-22.” Broots whispered, terrified with Miss Parker reaction. “Why, what are you planning to do?”

“We are going to have a chat with this fellow.” She stated firmly.

“We? Oh no Miss Parker…We already have enough troubles. Besides, this person is heavily guarded. Even if we could pass through the cameras, there’s no way we’re going to pass the armed guards!”

“I’ll take care of the guards, Broots. Can you over-write the system and shut off those cameras for a few minutes, so I could have my talk?” She questioned as she started to pace behind Broots, making him edgy.

“It can be done, but not for long. Whoever is watching will get suspicious if suddenly all the cameras went off.” He turned to look at her.

“Then, can you tape five minutes of whatever is happening in that place, copy it and make the cameras show the same thing over and over again, so they won’t notice I’m there?”

“Yeah. Which films have you been watching lately Miss Parker?” Broots asked, amazed with his boss chain of thoughts.

“What?” She stopped pacing and looked at him confused.

“Nothing.” He gulped. “When is this going to happen?”

“Tonight. I have a feeling that the sooner I speak to this person the sooner I’ll be able to sleep properly.”

“Tonight…tonight? He jumped out of his seat. “Oh no…no, I’m not ready! I have to distinguish the closed-circuits to those cameras from hundreds of different closed-circuits - not to mention the correct wires between thousands of different wires, so I’ll be able to tape, copy, and show the same image in the right cameras!" Broots was frantic.

Parker looked over her silver watch.

“Then you have four hours to do all that. I suggest you start now!” She barked in his ears, dragging him out of her office by the lapels of his shirt.

-*-*-*-*

“Hello again Isabel.” Dr. Price greeted her in his impeccable white smock. Isabel watched him furiously. She sat in what seemed to be a dentist chair, feet and hands tied roughly against the cold metal of the piece. Her right harm was bare and they had glued two wires to her temples to measure the electromagnetic impulses, or so she thought. Another wire had been placed over her heart. “You don’t need to be scared. This will be over as soon as you tell us what we want to know.” Isabel remained silent, but her angry eyes flamed the man.

“Now, shall we start?” Dr. Price smiled, pleased with the situation. Isabel closed her eyes and swallow hard. ‘Jarod…hurry’

“What can you tell us about the scrolls?” He asked, standing on her right side.

“Nothing.” Was her sharp answer. She refused to face the doctor. He simply grinned.

“I figured you’d say that. That’s why I brought this along.” He showed her a syringe, filled with some blue liquid. He placed it just over the skin of her right harm and searched for a vein.

“It won’t work.” She warned, still not looking at what he was doing.

“We’ll see about that.”

…All the liquid was drained into her system.

-*-*-*-*