Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Although the characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Center, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and they were used without permission, the character ‘Isabel’ belongs to me. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended, so don’t sue!



The Prophecy
part 2
by Amelia




Miss Parker woke with a start. ‘What the hell just happened?’ Looking at Sydney she could see him moving his lips, but no sound was coming out of them.

"Miss Parker!" Sydney called once again. "Are you alright?" He was scared, she could see the fear in his eyes. He had tried to shake her out of that daydream, but with no success. Parker had been too far-gone, unreachable and for a couple of minutes he heard her whisper words like "help me" and "stop" But there was nothing he could do to help her!

"Miss Parker?"

"I’m ok Syd!" She snapped, a little too harsh. Getting up from the couch, she started to pace the room. Something had scared her and Sydney wondered what it could be.

"I saw a white room…in my dream." She started, still pacing the room and rubbing behind her neck with one hand. She felt exhausted, her muscles were tense and her head was starting to pound.

"A Center room?" Sydney asked, watching her closely.

"I don’t know…it could be. I’ve never seen anything like that before. Everything was so white, pure… no, immaculate. It felt…weird."

"Weird? How?"

"Just the thought makes me ill…It was like a T-board room without the T-board: it had the same purpose. Then, I heard this voice."

"What kind of voice?"
Sydney studied her while she kept pacing. She was pale and her hands were trembling. Something had definitely scared her.

"I don’t know Syd." She said, sitting again frustrated. What was the point on having a gift if it couldn’t be understood?

"Was it a male voice or a female one?"

"I don’t know!" She snapped. "I felt what it felt Syd! Do you know the fear you feel when you’re going through a nightmare?"
Sydney nodded, but said nothing. "It was exactly like that: panic, terror…Pain. But in this case, everything was real!

"Nightmares usually seem real." Sydney tried to calm her fear.

"This one was painfully real." She stated with sorrow.
"How do you know that? For all we know it could be another premonition."
Miss Parker pondered his words for a moment and then shook her head.

"No Syd" She said, getting up again and heading towards the door. "It happened, whatever it was…it happened many times."

"What are you going to do?"

"Right now, I just want to know what the hell is going on in this place. I’ll deal with this later."

"What do you mean?"

"Any clue to where Mr. Raines has been hiding these last couple of days?"
Parker watched Sydney shake his head.

"Have you tried Broots?" Sydney said as resumed his seat behind his desk.

"Broots?" She asked with disdain "He doesn’t know anything…He doesn’t even suspect much."

"Don’t be so hard on him Miss Parker. He’s been working overtime, looking for Jarod."

"Yes, he does the work of three men: Moe, Larry and Curly. I wonder how Jarod still manages to elude us every time." She said sarcastically, opening the door of Sydney’s office.

"Speaking of which, heard from him recently?" Syd questioned

"Why should I be the one having news from Jarod and not you, Syd? After all he was your pet…not mine." She answered with a sly smile.

"Jarod was never my pet, Parker." He stated - stung by her remark.

"No?" She rose one brow, emphasizing her fake surprise. "You fed him, played with him, taught him some nice tricks and at the end of the day you locked him up…Funny Syd, that’s what I did with my dog." Miss Parker pronounced as stepped out of his office, and let the door close shut - leaving a very stunned Sydney behind.


-*-*-*-*

Sitting comfortably on the park’s bench, Jarod watched the crowd from behind his sunglasses. He was eating a vanilla ice cream, the warm sun playing on his face. He wasn’t on any pretend, he was just enjoying that beautiful spring afternoon.
Since he had arrived back from the Island of Carthis in Scotland, he had decided to cut back a little on the pretends. He had to find his mother, that was his main goal! - And he would not find her if he kept delaying it due to pretends. It was time to be a little selfish, to want things for himself, to help himself instead of a stranger. But he had to recognize that he had never felt so free as when he was helping others. Besides, cutting back on the pretends had kept the Center at bay, which was good thing. The last time he had spoken to Sydney was three weeks ago.
Jarod found himself more and more unable to speak with Miss Parker – It made him feel uneasy. Something had changed between them: he could no longer taunt her with his witty remarks about her family, her life…He wasn’t sure what exactly had changed: him, or his way of seeing things. Every time he felt the urge to call her, he would just ignore the feeling and concentrate on something else. He had to ignore it…she had made it perfectly clear that whatever had happened on that island had been derived from a moment of weakness and he wasn’t about to argue with that. He was still confused about…
Suddenly a familiar face appeared in the busy crowd. Could it be? Jarod rose immediately, a smile playing on his lips.

"Ethan!" Jarod called - truly amazed by his presence there. Ethan approached him and although he too was smiling, something in his eyes told Jarod that his young brother had been through a lot lately.

"It’s good to see you." He said, embracing him for a moment.

"It’s good to see you too, brother." Ethan replied equally enthusiastic.

"What are you doing here in Boston?" Jarod asked, still utterly amazed. The last thing he expected was to find one of his missing family members in a park, somewhere in Boston.

"I was looking for you." - Ethan looked nervously around before facing Jarod.

"Looking for me?" Jarod wondered perplexed. "How did you find me?" - For five years he had done a pretty good job in covering his tracks. No one could just "find him"!

"I used my Inner Sense to track you down, so to speak." Came Ethan’s simple answer.
Jarod’s face went from amazed to worried. "Why? Isn’t that how my sister does it when trying to find you?"

"If she did, we wouldn’t be here speaking to each other." Jarod said feeling insecure all of a sudden.

"Maybe she can’t track you down because you’re not connected with her that way."

"I hope so. The last thing I need right now is to have your sister sharpening her hunter skills.”

"She is relentless isn’t she?" - Ethan and Jarod chuckled. That was one way to put it…

“Come, tell me why were you looking for me." Jarod motioned for Ethan to walk with him.

"I was wondering if you could help me with this vision I’ve been having." - They walked side by side.

"What kind of vision?"

"I don’t quite understand it…its some sort of a white room. Everything’s white: the chair, table, door, floor, ceiling." Ethan explained.

"You think it’s related to the Center?" Jarod asked, watching the people in the park.

"I was hoping you could tell me…the only contact I had with the Center was through Raines."

"All the rooms at the Center are dark, metal…cold. I’ve never been to a white room like the one you’ve describe."

"I can hear this voice too, asking for my help..." Ethan said as he stopped and faced his brother - Jarod could see his glittering eyes. "…It’s a familiar voice, but I can’t seem to place it." - He kicked a stone, frustrated.

"Why did it ask for your help?" - Jarod was trying to analyze everything Ethan was saying. His brother had come for his help and he was going to do everything in his power to help him.

"I have no idea, Jarod. All I know is that I have a really bad feeling about this. It sounded as if someone was in deep suffering, in pain."

"Could it be just a weird feeling?" - They had to analyze it from every aspect.

"No, this was real brother. Someone desperately needs my…our help."

-*-*-*-*