Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer : Don't own them, Needed to play. FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!!!!
Contact to archive.



Recovery
' Joining '
by Shannon









Part VI



Jarod stared at the door and glared. Damn her! She was totally exsperating but she was good. God, Reginald had fawned all over her. She certainaly had that effect on men. She played the game as good as if she had trained all her life for that particular moment. Jarod walked over to the portrait that hung on the wall above that mantle and swung it toward him. Quickly opening the safe , that was located behind it, he removed his laptop and set it on the desk. Time to find out if Raines was going to celebrate Halloween early. If he had plans to attend then Jarod had the perfect diversion for those idiots at the Centre. Broots would discover a major clue regarding the whereabouts of his father, brother and himself. Some 3000 miles away for here.

After this, he would talk to Parker about costumes, some how things would work out.

*************************************

Parker settled herself in the oak rocker and contently rocked little Jamie to sleep. She was restless and constantly putting her tiny fingers in her mouth. Gently placing her own finger in the baby's mouth, Parker discovered the reason. A tooth, just poking through the bottom gum. A knock at the door, interrupted the quiet.

"Yes!" Parker called out.

"Mrs. Brazelton," Maitland entered the room carring a garment bag which she hung on the clothes rack that was next to the closet," I think I can help as far as a costume for the masquerade tonight."

She preceded to unzip the garment bag and lifted out an exquisite looking dress.

"That is incredible," Parker murmured as she rose from the chair," where ever did you find this?"

"My final project for school, I am majoring in fashion design. It will need to be hemmed but other than that it should fit you like a glove."

"I couldn't. Its just to . . . ."

"No, I insist. If it weren't for this job, I would never been able to finish the year and intern with the designer of my dreams. Your husband has quite of few connections." Maitland smiled warmly.

"What do we do for Jaord, though." Parker inquired, smirking.

"Don't worry. I called a friend of mine. She owns an antique clothing store in town and she is sending over a few outfits for your approval first."

Parker laughed, and then gingerly placed a hand out to feel the silky material of the gown that Maitland was gracious enough to allow her to use for this evening festivities. She was beginning to wonder if the life Jarod led was more exciting than her own.

4hours later*****************************

Jarod looked up to see Parker standing at the top of the stairs, and all he could think of was a precious gem-a fine cut garnet, dark and beautiful, reflecting off her many facets, but burning with fire from within. She had outdone herself, with Maitland's help.Her costume was silk muslin of in a deep rich burgandy, with puffed sleeves that just skimmed her shoulders, the high empire waist encased her breasts and the long folds of the dress enveloped her body. Her dark hair was a cascade of ringlets pinned up and threaded with a dusty mauve ribbon and tiny garnet crystals. Extending a velvet slippered foot, Parker looked like she stepped out of a Jane Austen novel. Jarod was completely blown away. Descending the stairs with the grace of a dancer, she surveyed her own handiwork as far as Jarod was concerned. His frock coat was of black velvet, his white shirt was ascoted at the neck which gave his dark features a haunting yet dangerous appearance.

"So do I pass inspection?" she said coyly, freeing a fraction more of her small pale breasts from the top of her silk bodice.

"Indeed you do! " Jarod replied, shading slightly.

Parker smiled enjoying the admiration that shone in his eyes.

"But you are missing something."

"What?" she was puzzled.

Reaching into his pocket, he removed a small black velvet jeweler's box and opened it, revealing an exqusite heart shaped diamond ring and a platnium band of garnets. Parker was shocked. He took hold of her left hand and as he slid them onto her ring finger, she noticed a thin gold band on his finger.

"Perfect!" he said as he caught her eye with his and then leaned forward to whisper in her ear.

"So, Parker, what is your secret?"

"If I told you it would no longer be a secret," she said softly, bringing her fingers up to his cheek watching the diamond reflecting in the light," I prefer to remain an enigma."

With that said she took hold of his arm and he escorted her to the limousine that awaited to take them to the ball.

MANCHESTER WOODS COUNTRY CLUB

"You may lead, but only for tonight," she said teasingly.

Taking her hand, he headed to the top of the stairs that over looked the grand ballroom. He watched as all the heads turned in their direction. He had to admit, she was stunning and it was she that they were looking at. He was only there as window dressing.

"Let's go, wonder-boy," she commanded.

"Are you sure, Parker?" he asked prepared to turn and leave if she said no.

"Yes, I'm sure. You of all people should know that I do as I please," she said smiling, slyly.

At that same moment each took a step forward not realizing that after this evening things between them would never be the same. Something would change. Jarod caught Parker's perfume, delicate and rich like the rarest rose in the garden and she his familiar scent tinged with musk. They made their first public appearance as husband and wife, instead of huntress and hunted, even if only as a pretend. They slowly descended the grand staircase.



PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!! Giglbarbe@aol.com