Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer is in part one. Contact to archive. Shannon



Recovery
' Battle Lines '
by Shannon




Part X

The moment they were out of sight of the two men, Parker turned to Jarod and looked into troubled eyes.

"Thank you," Parker said quietly.

"For what?" he smiled and knew what she was thanking him for. It was the least he could do, asking the board to name the new wing after Thomas, a small legacy for a dead man. Murdered because he loved her.

"It was the Centre's money. They owed you, if not more." he said, a frown crossing his features.

"What's wrong? You look worried." she asked.

"Of course I'm worried, I need to be at that meeting tomorrow. I was just thinking of how to do just that, without tipping my hand." Jarod replied, an undercurrent of anger in his voice, " If Raines or his goon squad sees either of us, this current little project of his will succeed."

Parker shook her head in agreement. That was all she needed, Raines to find her working with Jarod. There would be no getting out of that mess. Her train of thought suddenly broken by the faint rustling of a rose bush behind Jarod. She stood on her tiptoes and gently kissed him. He did nothing to stop her. It was doubtful he could have, so he returned her kisses with equal passion, if not more, and hungerily locked lips.

He ran his hand along the length of her body, then suddenly stopped and looked her in the eyes.

"WHY?" he whispered, barely audible, due to his inability to catch his breath.

"Someone's watching." she whispered, her lips next to his ear, her cheek against his, and her arms still gripping his shoulders.

"What?" he stared at her.

"Behind you. No! Don't turn around. Reggie followed us. This time you shut up and follow my lead," she whispered and preceded to kiss him again, her hands cupping his face, his arms wrapping around her waist pulling her closer to him.

"This wasn't part of the pretend. . ." he whispered to her as her lips left a trail of lite kisses down his neck, her eyes still on the intruder.

"I know, but we have an audience. Make it look good. . ." Parker suddenly moaned, albeit softly but a moan nonetheless, as Jarod's hand caught her by the back of the neck and left his own trail of kisses down her neck and shoulder.

The next sound the two heard was the rather impatient gaffaw from Reggie. Breaking their embrace, they turned to face him, each rather flustered that the pretend got away from them.

"Sorry to interrupt, but they are about ready to make the announcement regarding the trauma unit and dinner will be served after. Oh! Sister Joslyn wishes that the two of you join her for dinner, " he turned and left the couple, who looked sheepishly at each other, wondering what just transpired between them. All he wanted was her commitment to help him get back into the Centre so he could retrieve the files regarding Raines cloning project. All she wanted was to take him back, whether he stayed or escaped again, she didn't care, he promised that she would be free from the Centre. And if anyone could do that, it would be him. Neither expected to be standing in the middle of a rose garden exploring each others mouths and for all intense purposes,seeming to enjoy it.

"I guess we had better find our seats for dinner. Don't you?" Jarod said softly, turning away from her.

" Seats. . . oh, for dinner. . . Yes, I wish to talk to Sister Joslyn some more." Parker tried to change the subject, trying not to look at him either.





Feedback please! Giglbarbe@aol.com