Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Note: This story is based on the show The Pretender; I am just borrowing the characters for my story. And the reference to the political figure isn't meant to be amusing. I just didn't want to use any real names; you fill in the blank.


In Breaking News
part 5
by Nikita_Eve




Quantico, Virginia:
Airport, designated rendezvous w/ Raines and Nikita:



"Come on." Ms Parker hurried Broots and Sydney as they entered the airport. " We're going to miss them".

" Oh, I don't think so." Broots pointed at Nikita. " No one could miss that."

Nikita wove through the airport. Decked out in her fed uniform, she hauled Jarod, cuffed and struggling, along with her.

"You're just making this harder on yourself." Nikita said.

Jarod responded by throwing himself on the floor, thrashing about. "No, you can't take me back there. " He kicked her in the stomach. Before he got two steps, she kicked him in the chest, bringing him to his knees.

"Don't try that again " she pinned him to the ground. With her knee in his back, she reached into her bag pulling out the ankle cuffs and another pair of handcuffs. She cuffed him to her. She slapped the cuffs on him and pulled him up to his knees.

"Get up" she ordered, struggling with the 50 pounds he had on her. He just curled up into a ball on the ground, refusing to cooperate.

"Then I'll drag you "

He just stared through her, indifferent, as if he were trying to conserve his energy. Nikita tucked her arms under his and dragged him toward the sweepers waiting about 100 feet away.

One of the sweepers helped her drag Jarod to the Centre jet. " No!" He screamed. Now actively dragging his feet and kicking at the sweepers and Nikita.

"They're leaving. Lets go " Ms Parker grabbed the men by the arm and headed toward Nikita.

"Umm, go, uh where?" Broots asked, jerking free from Parker.

"The plane, dummy. I want on that plane!"

"Oh, of course" Broots gave a weak grin before turning a little pale, and nodded his head.

Broots and Sydney followed Ms Parker to the Centre jet, where they sneaked in and hid in a storage compartment.

"Shh, we're taking off " Ms Parker whispered, crouching next to them. She looked through the ajar door: Jarod screamed as Nikita strapped him into his seat.

"Hello Jarod, I'm so glad you're coming home now." Raines said.

"You're a monster Raines." Jarod screamed, twisting in his restraints.

"You won't be thinking that for much longer." Nikita said as she pulled out a syringe. She leaned forward and sat on his lap. She raised the syringe to eye level. Squeezing a little out, she licked the syringe. " Nighty night". She lifted up his sleeve and jabbed him in the arm

"No, please, you don't have to, you don't... ".

"I'm afraid I do. " she laughed, joining Raines.

Raines nodded in the direction of the sweepers. They retreated to another area of the jet.

Raines faced her, " Well done. " .

"You taught me well." she laughed. " So what now?"

"Now, we take out the trash. Ms Parker and her followers have been polluting the Centre for too long" he smiled at Nikita.

"So, you found evidence supporting the fact that they were helping Jarod?

"Not exactly. You have a lot to learn. I only made it appear that Ms Parker was helping them. Where do you think all of those tip-offs he had came from? " He laughed.

"You helped Jarod stay on the outside?"

"Yes."

"But, . . . why?" She pressed.

"I was beginning to worry that the Centre was becoming a monarchy. Daddy's little girl was getting everything. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand completely " Nikita removed the tape recorder from her pocket and hit stop. " I have everything I need " she grabbed Raines by the collar, disarming him.

"Willie." He tried to say.

Jarod sprang out of his seat, taking of his restraints.

"Willie " She screamed. " Something's wrong with Raines! ".

Sweepers flooded the room, only to find Raines at gunpoint.

"Now, I've never actually done this before, but I think this is how it works. " She tilted her head to the side, reflecting, " I have the gun, and unless you want Raines' brains splattered all over your nice little jet here, hand over your weapons. "

"Sorry Nikita" Willie said, drawing his gun. "We don't negotiate. "

"Oh well." She pouted.

" No, wait!" Raines screamed. " Do what she says! "

Willie considered it for a minute and then handed over his weapon to Nikita, nodding to his team to do so as well.

" Good." Nikita handed a weapon to Jarod, leaving the extra guns w/ him. " Watch him for me". She smiled at the pretender before turning her attention back toward Raines. " Well Raines, your sweepers sure are prepared for everything, I hope you taught them to fly." Nikita led them over to the cargo bay, opening the door. " Let's go guys. Beg and I might let you all live."

They acceded. Raines was sure to hear them. She handed each of them a parachute. " If I hear of any of you breathing a word of this to anyone in the next 48 hours, or even thinking about the Centre, I will kill you; all of you".

They nodded and jumped out of the plane; afraid she might change her mind.

She waltzed back to Jarod and Raines. "They didn't beg... much." she let out a sadistic giggle.

Rainnes drew in a deep breath and gripped his seat. His knuckles turned white.

"You see Jarod, how much easier it is to do things my way?" she said, stroking his face.

"Yeah." He pondered. "Can we throw Rainnes over now?" he asked excitedly, looking up at her with his big brown, innocent eyes.

"Not now sweetie." She said in a maternal voice.

"Maybe later?" he asked, hopefully.

"Well, if you finish all of your veggies. "

"You two are crazy. " Rainnes said.

"Now that's not a very nice thing to say to someone with a gun" Nikita waved it in his face as a reminder. " I heard that you used to be a doctor" Nikita said fetching her bag, " I only hope that you have an MD and not a Ph.D.," she said with a laugh. She unzipped the bag, revealing medical supplies.

"What do you want?" Raines asked.

"I want you to take this damn thing out of my head. " She tapped her head and handed him the supplies.

"What's to keep me from just activating it?" Raines threatened.

"Because, if you could have, you would have already used it" she told him.

" And besides, if she dies, you die" Jarod raised his gun to Raines' head.

"First of all it's not on your head, it's in your arm, that was just to throw someone off." He sounded like it was his own brilliant idea.

"I don't care where it is." Nikita was irritated with him by now. " Just take the damn thing out, 'kay?" She imitated Ms Parker flipping her hair.

"Or? "Raines challenged.

"Or" She leaned in close to Raines, pursed her lips and looked down slightly, giving him an innocent look. " I'll just have to kill you." Another handy tip from Ms Parker.

" Okay " Raines agreed.

Nikita leaned back and tried to relax as Raines cut into her flesh.

When he finished suturing her up, she led Raines to the cargo bay.

"Scary, isn't it?" she pushed him closer to the door.

"Try terrifying" she yelled.

"Imagine, in an instant, you're whole world is gone; kind of like what you did to me". She opened the door; removed his oxygen tank. " You won't be needing this, not where you're going."

"What more could you possibly want from me?" Raines gasped.

"What more could you possibly take from me? Oh wait a minute" she said in an afterthought," I didn't bring a priest w/ me. I could become one for you, but I don't think that would be the same" she gave him a sardonic grin, edging him closer to the door. " See you in hell " She said to him in a calm, controlled voice, as if making peace with herself.

"Wait " Raines pleaded.

"What?" Nikita asked, cupping her ear. " I'm sorry, I can't hear you from all this wind in here" she pulled the door close. " Now, what?"

" I said, I'll give you anything you want! " he screamed.

" Hmmm . . . I dunno. ooh, ooh wait, I know." she sounded like an excited child. " Why don't you tell me who my parents were? I want names".

"I cant, the triumvirate would kill me."

"Not if I kill you first." She pressed him against the wall, putting the gun to his throat. There was a pause

"Jinn-Mai and Julian Walker"

"Last known address?"

"Anchorage, Alaska ".

"I want proof."

"In my front pocket, a DSA of a meeting with them". She reached into his pocket, pulling it out and stuffing it in a player. It confirmed his story.

"This is your stop." She pulled the door open.

"You crazy bitch, you lied."

"Well, you know what they say, monkey see, monkey do." She shoved him out of the plane, handing him his oxygen and parachute at the last minute.

She returned to the front of the plane and found Jarod at the controls, the pilot and co pilot bound and gagged in the corner.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Jarod asked.

"Yes. " She smiled, running her fingers through his hair.

"I think we have a stowaway." Jarod said putting the plane on autopilot. He headed toward the storage compartment and yanked open the door.

"Please, don't kill me!" Broots screamed, throwing himself at Jarod's feet.

"Get up Broots." Ms Parker rolled her eyes. " I was getting a cramp down here." She smiled at Jarod and Nikita. " Quite a performance." She added.

"Good to see you Jarod." Sydney hugged him.

"I've missed you. " Jarod replied.

"I hope ya'll brought a parachute." Nikita kidded.

"No . . . we c-c-can't . . ." Broots began.

"Relax Broots. It's just like flying." Ms Parker said as she flashed him a smile.

"B-b-but I don't know how to . . ." he trailed off.

Nikita and Jarod laughed. They walked toward the cargo bay.

" This is ya'lls stop." Jarod announced.

Ms Parker threw a screaming, terrified Broots over board. Sydney jumped after him.

Ms Parker turned to Jarod and looked at him. It was the first time she had ever seen him that she wasn't pointing a gun at him. She leaned forward and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Next time Jarod." Parker beamed before jumping out of the plane.

He smiled and shut the door, turning to Nikita. "So, where do you want to go? We have 48 hours until this thing is reported stolen."

"How about Alaska? " She asked giving him a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Let's do it." He brushed her hair back and leaned in for a kiss on the lips; which she eagerly reciprocated.

The End!