Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Note: This story is based on the show The Pretender; I am just borrowing the characters for my story. And the reference to the political figure isn't meant to be amusing. I just didn't want to use any real names; you fill in the blank.


In Breaking News
part 3
by Nikita_Eve




Austin, Texas
Jarod's hotel room:


KNOCK, KNOCK!

"Room service " Nikita yelled.

She mentally rehearsed what she needed to do. Simple, just get caught stealing his computer files, and be exposed as an undercover agent. Yeah, simple, she thought, taking a big breath.

"Come in." the deep, male voice yelled through the door.

She opened the door with the key she had "borrowed" from the front desk. She walked in and saw him standing there, his back to her.

"Just set it on the table over there." he turned around and pointed, not even looking up.

He was deeply engrossed in his work. She was stunned. He was 6' 3", dark brown hair, gorgeous brown eyes, a defined nose, kissable lips, a strong jaw line, and broad shoulders. Her eyes traveled down the rest of him, her thoughts traveling somewhere else as well, inwardly blushing.

He looked up from what he was doing and was immediately startled. Before him stood the most beautiful person he had ever seen. She looked like she was a mixture of very diverse ethnicity, 5" 9", light chocolate skin, long black hair with a couple of silver wisps, slightly slanted cobalt blue eyes, a small nose, full, luscious lips; high cheekbones, a petit frame. He looked at the rest of her, admiring her curves.

"Um ..." Jarod spoke first, trying to pull himself back into reality. "...just set it over there " he repeated, and managed to break from her gaze and nod toward the table across the room.

As he headed into one of the rooms to get her tip, she set the tray down and attached her palm pilot armed with her hacking program to his computer. He returned with her tip; their hands brushed and she felt a tingle.

"Thanx." She said, getting ready to either leave or steal his computer. She didn't know if she could go through with either.

"Would you like to join me? " Jarod asked making the decision for her.

"Oh, I couldn't possibly intrude." .

"Come on," He insisted, pulling out a chair.

"Just tell them I was a real jerk and kept you. " he gave her a coy smile.

"Well, okay " she took a seat next to him.

"I'm Jarod," he stuck out his hand.

"Nikita." she returned the hand shake. This time she felt a surge instead of a tingle.

"So, what's for breakfast? " she wathced in anticipation as he lifted the lid.

"Its called ice cream."

"Is that like cream cheese? " She asked.

"No."

"Oh, I had a sheltered childhood. Protestant- a ligthbulb and a car away from being Amish " Late night TV was provig to be very useful; she just hoped she hadn't blown it.

'Ice cream' wasn't on the list of breakfast foods she had learned.

"I understand." He laughed. He stuck his spoon in the ice cream and got a fair sized scoop and raised it to her.

When she hesitated a little, " Come on, its good " he prompted her.

She took a bite and swallowed. " Hehe" she laughed, spraying it all over herself. " It's so cold." She tasted some more. " But it is very good." she smiled. He grinned back, revealing adorable dimples.

"I have a confession to make," she said to Jarod, lifting her shirt up and revealing her wiretap. She took it off and set it on the table to make sure it got everything.

Jarod looked at her and tensed up and swept the area for cameras.

"I'm not really the room service lady."

"What? Who sent you?" he got nervous.

"I'm FBI, too." she flashed him her badge.

"I was supposed to come in and get some dirt on you if there was any to get, and obviously there isn't. They just wanted to be sure, with everything that has been going on. "

"The Al Bore case" he relaxed a little. "Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow at FBI headquarters in Quantico?" she nodded her head emphatically.

"Yes, of course, agent Wilkes."

She turned off the wire. " Can we go somewhere? We need to talk."

******

Blue Cove, Delaware
The Centre


Raines drew in a deep breath, accentuating his sunken eyes. He and Lyle had viewed the surveillance tape.

"Where did she learn that? " asked Raines, commenting on her extra curricular activity with Sydney.

"Probably my darling sister. "

Raines turned the video off.

" Wait, is that all? " Lyle asked.

" That is all that is pertinent. "

" Let me see that." he took the remote from Raines.

Raines looked as though his patience was wearing thin. He pressed play and turned the volume up. Nikita leaned forward to the camera, taking her shirt off.

"Oh, and Lyle? " she did a twirl for the camera. " Maybe after I bring Jarod back, we could hook up? Bye wheezy. No peeking" she started to unhook her bra, not revealing anything but cleavage.

"The girls a nympho " Lyle said smiling. 'Hmm, she's a little Asian' he thought to himself.

"No. " Rainnes answered as if he was reading Lyle's thoughts.

"I don't need her emotionally unstable right now. I've already cleaned up enough of your messes ". Raines skipped forward to Nikita's discussion with Jarod. After watching the conversation between the two pretenders, Raines looked over at Lyle.

"Lyle, go down to Texas to keep an eye on Ms Parker ".

"I'm going to bring Jarod in tomorrow. Then we can put Nikita back in her place. ".

"Okay, Wheezy. " He muttered as he was exiting the room.

Raines called the triumvirate. "He'll be back tomorrow. " He reassured them.