Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.


Haunting Reality
by J. Collins




He trudged up the stairs at the front of the house, unlocked the door, and walked inside, closing the door behind him. He leaned against the inside of the door for a moment, letting out a loud sigh. It had been a difficult week, and he was feeling sorry for himself, that he had to come home to an empty house. He shook the thought from his mind: She was gone, and she wasn’t coming back, he needed to get over it. He pushed away from the door and moved toward the kitchen, tossing his keys on the table in the foyer as he walked past.

The scotch glugged into the tumbler he held under the mouth of the bottle, and instead of pulling up, he tilted it further, allowing the equivalent of a triple shot to be poured. Carrying the glass with him, he loosened his tie as he walked back out through the foyer and into the living room. He plopped himself into the deep leather chair near the fireplace, and kicked his shoes off. He set the scotch down momentarily and shrugged out of his jacket, tossing it onto the couch. He began to take long sips from it, staring off into space.

He looked down into the tumbler; empty. He sighed heavily, and was about to drag himself up to get a refill, when the voice from behind startled him.

“This is what you do when I’m not around?” He started to scramble to his feet, but she restrained him gently with a hand on his shoulder, “You look dreadfully tired, Sydney.”

“Michelle....what are you doing here?”

She smiled easily, “I flew back for a quick visit with Nicholas, and I had some extra time, so I thought I’d surprise you.” He stared blankly at her for a moment, so she continued, “I thought it would be a.......pleasant surprise. Was I wrong?”

He looked down, a smile of sadness creeping onto his lips, “It’s been months, Michelle, and you haven’t even called me.”

She allowed her hand to run down his arm, pulling his hand into her own, “Sydney, it isn’t because I haven’t thought of you.”

He pulled his hand away, “There’s someone else, then.”

“No, there isn’t. I just....I thought maybe you didn’t want to hear from me.”

His eyes darted up to hers, the pain in the them clear, “Why would you think that? You were the one who left, not me.”

She stroked his face gently, “You were so hurt......”

He looked down into the glass, “What did you expect?”

She knelt in front of him, and cupped his face with her hands, forcing him to look at her, “I never intended to hurt you, Sydney. I love you, and I honestly thought that you would consider coming with me.”

He said nothing; he didn’t have to, Michelle could feel the anguish in his heart. She sighed and stood up, gripping his hand tightly.

“I shouldn’t have come. I’m sorry.”

She leaned down, placed a tender kiss on his forehead, and turned toward the door. But Sydney did not let go of her hand.

Michelle looked at him, “Sydney?”

The deep brown eyes bore into her, “I’ve missed you so much.”

It was then that she studied him closely, and noticed the dark circles under his eyes, and the pallor of his face. Once again she tilted his head toward her so she could see him better.

She frowned slightly, “You look so tired.”

“A little.”

“A lot.” She smiled at him, and pulled him up by the hands, “Come on, you need some rest....”

He stared at the floor, not budging, “Michelle....”

“What?”

He looked away, trying to hide the moisture which had formed in his eyes.

Michelle leaned in and kissed him lovingly on the cheek, “Shhh, don’t worry about anything tonight. Just let me take care of you.”

He allowed her to lead him up the stairs and into his bedroom. She kissed him lightly on the lips, and then carefully untied his tie, laying it on the chair nearby. He watched her as she unbuttoned his shirt, unbuckled his belt, and unzipped his pants, removing all the articles of clothing and placing them also on the chair. Michelle pulled the comforter and sheet back, and held her hand out to him. After a moment’s hesitation, he took her hand, and she pulled him to the bed, and indicated that he should lie down.

He slid over, making room for her, and to his surprise, she didn’t lie down, but instead, sat on the edge of the bed, gently stroking his forehead with her hand. His eyebrows raised in question, and Michelle smiled at him as she stood up.

“I’ll be right back.”

Sydney watched her walk out of the room, and a moment later, he heard her rummaging around in the bathroom, looking for something.

“Michelle,” he called to her, “What on earth are you doing?”

She didn’t answer him, but a few minutes later, she reappeared, carrying a bottle of baby oil.

“Baby oil?”

“Turn over.”

He smiled finally, “Mmmmm....a massage?”

“You look like you could use one. Turn over.”

Sydney rolled onto his stomach, and felt the comforter being pulled down to his waist. He heard the cap of the baby oil being opened, then felt Michelle’s weight as she sat next to him on the bed, rubbing some oil in her hands. Gently she ran her hands up his back, and out to his sides and then retrogressed down. She repeated the movement several times, applying more pressure as she went. Sydney groaned when she began to kneed his shoulders and upper back, the area she knew held most of his tension.

“Work with me and try and relax, Sydney. Your muscles are fighting against my hands.....”

As Michelle worked her way slowly down to the middle of his back, she felt some of his tension begin to ease away. By the time she began rubbing his lower back, he moaned in pleasure instead of pain. Smiling, she gently ran her hands down the sides of his legs, taking his boxers down with her, pulling them off. After tossing them to the chair, she continued massaging the backs of his thighs, and moved down to kneed his calves.

His voice had the pull of slumber in it, “Mmmmm, that feels good.”

She gently worked her way back up to his shoulders and then pressed hard on the muscles running down each side of his spine. His back finally felt much looser, and Michelle could see by his breathing that soon he would drift off to sleep.

Her voice was soft and sweet, “Roll over.”

After a contented sigh, Sydney did as he was told, and rolled onto his back.

He peered at her through sleepy eyelids, “I had forgotten how talented you are at this.”

Her voice remained soft, “Close your eyes and relax.”

He obeyed, but couldn’t keep the satisfied smile from tugging at his lips as she began rubbing her hands in circles across the muscles of his chest and clavicles. Michelle massaged each shoulder and worked her way down his arm, to his hand and each finger. She returned to his chest, then pressed down his stomach and ran her hands along the outsides of his hips. A slight groan escaped his lips as she applied pressure to his thigh muscles, massaging any remaining tension away. She worked her way down his legs, and then back up, and by the time she had returned her attention to his inner thighs, she noticed that he was becoming hard.

She smiled mischievously, as she massaged all around his swelling organ, never touching it. After a few minutes he opened his eyes and watched her, having become wise to the game. Their eyes locked, and she continued rubbing his hips and thighs, lightly brushing the tip of his cock as she moved past it, but never stroking it fully.

“Michelle....”

She pressed her hands into his pelvic bone, and ran them up his chest, quickly taking him fully into her mouth. Sydney’s breath caught in his throat as the sensation of her wet mouth enveloped him, and then as she stroked him with her lips, a low moan filled the room. Michelle continued to massage his chest and thighs, occasionally rubbing his balls, as she built a steady rhythm up and down his shaft with her mouth.

As the sensations were bringing him closer and closer to completion, he reached to move her mouth away, but Michelle stopped him.

“I want to take you this way, Sydney, please let me.”

He swallowed hard, his breath uneven, and he let her continue the strokes up and down his engorged cock. Michelle reached under him and squeezed his buttocks gently as she plunged her mouth down upon him, causing him to moan loudly. His moaning increased as she sped up her rhythm, and she could feel his testicles begin to strain with the intensity of his impending orgasm. As she slid back on his cock with her mouth, he screamed and exploded, pushing her head back down on his shaft quickly, groaning as his orgasm rippled through him.

Michelle moved up and down his shaft gently a few more times, until he had completely emptied himself into her mouth, and his orgasm began to abate. Tenderly she moved up and nuzzled into his chest, as he tried to catch his breath, stroking his hair with her hands. She kissed his cheek, and then his lips, but Sydney couldn’t move. He was more exhausted then he had realized, and he could only lie there, while Michelle ran her hands through his hair. Without a word, she curled up next to him, and pulled the comforter over them.

His voice was low and tired, “Michelle, I’m sorry...”

“Shhh, Sydney, it’s all right. I want you to rest now. We will have the morning....”

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her tightly. A few moments later, with the anticipation of the morning about him, he drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

###################

Sydney awoke with a start, the sound of the doorbell ringing in his ears. A sharp pain grabbed his attention, and he reached for his neck, which felt stiff and sore. He was sitting in his leather chair, still in his clothes from the previous day, an empty glass of scotch clutched in his left hand. It was then, that he remembered.

Michelle. He glanced around for her in his haze of sleep, but very quickly knew that it had all been a dream; the woman he had loved his entire life, had in fact, never been there. He shook his head at himself as he felt the sting of tears; he had turned into a man who was so lonely, he had only dreams to hold onto at night.

The doorbell continued to ring, causing him to frown in annoyance. Slowly, Sydney stood up and shuffled toward the front door. He opened it and stared at the woman standing on the front porch.

“Miss Parker....what are you doing here?”

An eyebrow quickly arched upward, “You look like shit Freud.... aren’t those the same clothes you had on yesterday? Damn, did you sleep in them?”

He glared at her, “If you must know, I fell asleep in a chair.”

Parker started to roll her eyes, but the haunted look in his made her frown instead, “Syd....you okay?”

“Yeah, sure....”

She gently pushed the door open further, shoving him aside as she entered, “Come on, I’ll make you some coffee. You look like you could stand a little company and a chat....” She watched him trying to loosen his neck muscles, “Got a crick in your neck from sleeping in a chair, didn’t you?” Parker shook her head at him as she walked toward the kitchen, “Honestly Sydney, you’d think at your age, you’d know better than that....”

He watched her walk through the foyer and head into the kitchen, her voice fading out as she disappeared behind the swinging door. He shuffled after her, stopping momentarily to glance at a framed picture on the side table.

Gently he fingered the woman in the picture, “Oh Michelle....I miss you so...”

There was no use in denying it; he would always love her, but the reality was that they would never be together. He needed to find a way to get over it, before it destroyed him. He brushed away the errant tear running down his cheek, and swallowed down the emotion trying to surface. Closing his eyes, he turned away from the image of his love, and walked through the door.

The end