Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: They're not mine but if I were a big important producer person, I’d buy the rights to the Pretender and do what I please with the characters! And then the day is mine... well... um... errr.. Never mind just disregard that last remark. BTW if you are a big important producer person don't sue I only make $5.70 an hour, it wouldn't be worth it.




You Don’t Know What You’ve Got
Till Then
(Epilogue)
by Injury Princess




Sidney stood looking out an open window. It would be one year Friday since that faithful day. The day the Centre went to hell. It was just lucky that Sidney hadn’t been there at the time it all went down. He could only assume that it was luck that made his car break down on the way to work that morning making him late enough to miss the swarm of law enforcement that descended upon the Centre. He could say that it was luck that, in all the panic, several rooms, including his office and workstations, had been set on fire to hid work on the pretender projects. It was also lucky that Broots to win a trip for two to Disney World. It could have been luck that Broots, Debbie, and himself had been nowhere near the Centre on the day that hell went back where it belonged.

Or it could have been Jarod. There was always a small part inside of Sidney that believed Jarod was some how responsible for bringing down the Centre. That he somehow rigged everything to go off as it did before he died. There was also that small part of Sidney that thought that Jarod may still be alive. But that part usually gave way to the fact that Jarod would have left something, would have done something, would have let him know.

No Jarod was dead and resting in peace. But sometimes he half expected Jarod to walk through his front door as if nothing had happened. But something had happened and everything was different now.

Sidney now lived in Rhode Island and owned a small bookstore called the Reading Center. He thought it was only fitting. Broots took a job teaching a computer course at a local high school. He and Debbie lived only ten minutes away from Sidney and they visited often. Sidney loved his quaint, quiet, little bookstore; the shelves were filled with books and the walls were covered with pictures of the local people who visited him.

It was a beautiful first day of August, Sidney leaned out the open window and considered grabbing a book, closing up early, and reading out under the tree in his backyard. Remember he still had some paperwork left he pulled away from the view and sat at his desk. Sidney had only two pictures on his little desk. One of Jarod and one of Miss. Parker. People had asked about the pictures and he often regarded them as his children but he never went further than that.

Sidney started to fill out a book order form when the bell attached to the door chimed. In walked Albert the mailman.

“Well Sidney, how are you doing today?” The mailman asked happily.

“Just fine Albert.” Sidney smiled. “I’ve got your mail right here as well. I thought you might like it now.” He handed over a few envelopes addressed to the bookshop and one addressed to Sidney personally.

Sidney’s eyebrows lifted as he noted the hand writing on the envelope, he could have sworn it was Jarods. Albert was already out the door as Sidney flipped over the letter. Inside one plane ticket to San Francisco, California departing Friday morning was paper clipped to the front of a card. Sidney opened it curiously, as he did something inside fluttered to the floor.

You are cordially invited to the wedding of Mr. And Mrs. Jarod Love. It read; Sidney smiled proudly. He bent down to pick up the paper. Again his face lit up when he beheld the image of Miss. Parker and Jarod, both alive, together, and in love. Written at the bottom of the picture was a small note in Miss. Parker’s hand writing:

Please come Sid, we miss you!
-Love P&J

“Till then.” Sidney smiled to himself. He put the invitation and picture in his pocket and began to close up shop. He was headed to see Broots, he and Debbie would be meeting up at the dinner soon, but first Sidney decided to stop and pick up their mail.

~THE END OF EPILOGUE~