Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own the Pretender or any of the characters, they are used without permission.


The Love of the Chase
Part 10
Miss Parker

by Andrea




I’m a Parker. The Centre is my blood, my life. My past. My future, too, unless I can catch Jarod…

When I catch Jarod, I can leave the Centre. That’s the deal I have with my father.

At first, I thought it would be easy. Before Jarod had escaped, I was working in Corporate. Then, when he escaped, I was called back into the "field." I wasn’t expecting Jarod to put up much of a fight, I thought all I had to do was find him, and bam, he’s back.

I was wrong. Terribly wrong. Jarod put up a fight. He still does.

I’ve come to hate his little tricks, breadcrumbs, etc. He loves to torment me. He just loves it. Over the last four years, I’ve stayed in more dingy hotels than I care to count. Or been humiliated, especially in front of my team.

A few times, I’ve had the chance to catch Jarod. Like that time when we were together in Dover, or when I found him near NuGenesis. Somehow, I didn’t capture him. I let him go.

Daddy, of course, wasn’t happy.

But sometimes, I don’t care. If there’s any good result of Jarod escaping, its what he’s learning. About me. About Lyle. About my mother. About the Centre.

Jarod has shown me so much. Yet I want to take him back so badly.

To the place he hates.

Sometimes, I don’t know what I would do if I actually captured Jarod.

I’d be able to leave…

But I’d miss Sydney and Broots.

I’ve known Syd since I was a baby. When I stayed at the Centre with Daddy, I was always in his office. I think he counts me as his daughter. Just like he counts Jarod as his son…

Broots is one of the nicest guys I ever met. He would never hurt a fly.

I love Debbie, his daughter. I once looked after her for a week while Broots was away. We hit it off, after a bumpy start. She looks up to me, I can tell. When Broots came back, he was shocked to see her dressing like me…

But, still...

Is my freedom worth Jarod’s?

Note: Hey guys! This is the last part of my series, "The Love of the Chase" I hope you liked it! If you want a sequel…well, you know what to do!