Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

[ LIMBO : LIMBO ]
By Andrea




Disclaimer:: NBC owns the Pretender, I own the words





Where am I? The question hit her, even though she wasn't completely awake yet. She pushed it away, intent on more important things first.

Such as waking up.

Forcing herself to open her eyes, and come back to earth, she gazed around her new surroundings. She was in a large, open area, fringed by dark green pines at the outer edges. Parker could just glimpse the edge of a building, which was set into the farthest corner of the serene setting.

Now that she was awake, the question shot back to her, like a night of scotch. Where am I?

Slowly her memories of the last few hours, maybe days, came back. Lyle was the reason he was here; the Ken-Doll had danced into her office, saying he had something to deliver from the Triumvirate. What a delivery it had been; a gunshot. Guess the bastard thought it was time to 'turn the tables,' Parker thought, remembering the time she had been sent to 'take care' of him.

Realizing that either Sydney or Broots must have found her, she wondered why she wasn't in a hospital. And thank God I'm not Parker had always believed in the 'get-as-well-as-fast-as-possible-by-going-back-to-work' method.

Rising from the hard packed ground, Parker started following a cobblestone path that looked odd in the wilderness background. As she walked, she tried to take an assessment of where she was, and what exactly had happened. A ring disturbed the peacefulness of the still woods, and Parker reached absentmindedly for her cellular. "What?" She snapped, as usual.

Broots' annoying voice greeted her. "Miss Parker! Nobody's seen you for hours - we've been trying to find you. You've got to come to the Centre right now!"

"Why?" She asked, stalling for time.

"Because, I found Jarod!" Not waiting for her to reply, the excited tech broke the connection.

Major weird time now...I'm in the woods, and who the hell knows how I got there, and Broots calls. Says he's spotted Jarod...The only question is...how did I get here? Damn...I hate this crap. How am I even supposed to find the Centre out here? In a flash, the corner of a building registered in her mind, and Parker came to the conclusion that the place must be the Centre. After all, the place was surrounded by woods.

Another lightbulb lit up, and Parker glanced down at herself. She was wearing a short silvery skirt, a silver blazer, as long as the skirt, and her usual knee-high boots. Not exactly wood-tromping gear.

Reaching the door of the large corporation - the building had indeed been the Centre - she walked in, and sweepers greeted her with their usual polite, 'Hello, Miss Parker.' As usual, they received no answer.

Parker headed for her office, on the Innerconcourse Level. Entering her office, where she had been shot only hours before; she let out an involuntary gasp. Lyle was standing there...waiting.

"Miss Parker. How nice to see you again." The evil grin on his perfect features suited him perfectly.

"I wish I could say the same."

Laughing, Lyle snapped the fingers on his right hand. "Let's not waste any more time on formalities, shall we?" He remarked.

Sweepers instantly surrounded the surprised woman. "You know where to take her."