Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone in this fic, ::sniff, sniff:: and I don't plan on making anything off of this either. Hey, you can't get blood from aturnip, people. ;-)~ Anyway, I got this idea after seeing the ep PTB (A.K.A. Powers That Be) and thought hmm.... Well, you know how that canbe. This is a sad one, so those of you out there who are sensitive, better grab a box of Kleenex. Let me know what you think; even a bad reviewis better than no review. ;-) Onward!




Sealed With A Kiss


by Miss Houk






Gates Residence
Blue Cove, Delaware


"Is...that a yes?" Tommy asked, staring up at Parker, somewhat shocked to see her walking into the room.

"There are things about me...things you need to know before you make me...a part of your life." Parker began slowly, her eyes darting around, occasionally focusing on Tommy's face.

"Parker, there are..." Tommy began, exasperated.

"You were right. That wasn't me talking. I haven't been me for a long time. Not since...loving you made me realize that. But there...there are places in me....Tommy...dark places..." Parker whispered, her emotions threatening to overwhelm her.

"And you're afraid that if I see them, I'll reject you. Parker, if something is not right, we'll deal with it. Together. I'm a fixit man, remember?" he said, both laughing softly at his attempt at humor.

"Guess that makes me your new project." Parker stated, not allowing her voice to betray the hope that her eyes could never hide.

"And this is one I'll never sell." Tommy promised firmly, staring into her eyes. She leaned toward him and their lips met, literally sealing the promise with a kiss. He pulled her into his arms and held her tightly, happy that she finally trusted herself. "I love you, Parker."

"I love you too, Tommy." she whispered back, letting the soft sound of his beating heart lull her into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Parker awoke a few hours later, her arms and legs tangled up in something. She opened her eyes and surveyed her surroundings, remembering that she had fallen asleep in Tommy's arms. She smiled at the memory; she had a real chance at a normal life with Tommy. He did not care that there were some dark aspects of her soul, that she had done some terrible things in her life, hell, that she had even killed people, he still loved her the same. She had never know this kind of unconditional love, and she was not sure what to do next. If Jarod or Sydney were here, they would tell her to go with it, to take each day at a time, and not try to control every situation. She rolled her eyes at the thought. She had learneda lot these past few weeks, Tommy had taught her a lot about loving someone. You can't say 'jump' and always expect them to say, 'how high?'because it would not always work out that way. Threats and intimidation were not love, they were control. She now realized that control was notgood, it was strangulation of the soul. She was lucky that she had met Tommy when she did, her soul was barely hanging on. Now, together,they could revive it and make a life for themselves, together.

"Tommy?" Parker whispered, touching his chest softly.

"Hmm?" he mumbled sleepily, in response.

"Hey, wakey wakey." she teased, pinching him.

"Owww!" he yelled exagerratedly. He rolled over quickly, pinning her to the bed, smiling mischievously at her. "Gotcha where I want ya..."

"Go for it." she replied seductively, her tone husky, and her eyes staring up at him hungrily.

"With pleasure." he whispered softly, capturing her lips with his own.

Parker melted into the kiss, pushing away all of her mind's objections, allowing herself to simply feel for a change: the gradually increasing pressure of his lips on her, his hand slowly trailing down her side to her hip, his body atop hers, all feelings she was experiencing for the first time without the stern control she inherited from her father hanging over her shoulder. For the first time in a long time, she cast aside the facade of 'Miss Parker" and allowed herself to be 'Mel.'

Their kisses became more frantic, and their hands moved frantically, colliding with each other to remove the clothing from each other's body, until only the barest essentials remained. Tommy nuzzled her neck with his nose and lips, inhaling the scent that was uniquely her. Parker moaned softly, tracing the contours of his calf with the digits of her left foot. She lightly ran her fingertips up his body; hips, spine, shoulders, and through his hair. She pulled his head toward her and kissed him, twining her tongue with his. He broke off the kiss and planted soft kisses across her collar bones, slowly moving south to the valley between her breasts. Parker gasped softly, threading her fingers through his hair, arching her neck off of the pillow.

"Tommy..." she whispered, her breathing slightly labored.

"Mmm?" he answered distractedly, but did not pause in his attentions to her breasts.

"Now. Please." she breathed, pulling his head up, their eyes meeting.

"Yes, Miss Parker." he replied meekly, his brown eyes dancing mischievously.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Parker Residence
Blue Cove, Delaware


"Tommy?" Parker shouted from within the walk-in closet, staring disgustedly from left to right.

"Yeah?" he replied, appearing at the door. "Damn, I think I just stepped into Chanel."

"Funny." she snapped, flashing his a decidedly unamused glance.

"Sorry." he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah." she said shortly. She turned to face him, hands on hips, and asked, "So, what's the weather like in Portland anyway?"

"Well, this time of year it's kinda iffy. Sometimes it's warm, sometimes it's chilly." he responded, smiling at her. "Bring some warm clothes and some summer clothes."

"Well, I don't care how cold it gets, as long as I have you to cuddle with." Parker purred, wrapping her arms around Tommy's waist.

"Oh, let me be, your teddy bear..." Tommy sang, attempting to imitate Elvis, and doing a poor job.

"Don't give up your day job." Parker teased, breaking into laughter.

"Oof! Right to the heart." he wailed, clutching his chest. feigning a mortal blow to the heart.

"Does this mean I get the house in Portland all to myself?" she asked wiggling her eyebrows, trying not to laugh.

"Hey!"

"C'mon Tommy, I'm being serious here."

"O.K., I'm sorry." he replied, his expression turning serious. "Just bring some jeans and shirt. Oh, and a couple of nice dresses. We could always have some other things sent to Portland."

"Whatever I take with me is all I need." she murmured, smiling up at him, her eyes explaining her feelings to him.

He pulled her into his arms and hugged her. She hugged him back tightly, silently saying a prayer of thanks that Tommy has appeared in her life. He had reached the places within her that she believed were dead or unreachable. Places that had been closed off since her mother's death, places that she believed could never be reached again. She had not felt so loved for a very long time, but she knew now that this was what she had wanted, what she had longed for, for so very long, and it was only the fear of being rejected that kept her from reaching out to someone and asking them to love her. She knew now that she would never, and could never, go back to being Miss Parker the rigid, controlled, unfeeling Ice Queen. That sudden thought made her smile broadly, and she felt a sudden weightlessness that she had never experienced before.

"Parker, are you O.K.?" Tommy asked, stepping back to look worriedly at her face.

"Yes, I'm fine, Tommy." she replied, still grinning broadly.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing." she replied, meeting his gaze. "I was just thinking about how happy I am with you. How you helped me get away from my father's powerful control."

"It was nothing, really." he bragged, examining his fingernails intently, false pride and satisfaction on his face.

"You didn't do that much." Parker replied dryly.

"You just can't let me enjoy the moment, can you?" he teased, brushing a piece of chestnut hair out of her face that had slipped loose from her french braid.

"Nope, wouldn't want your head to get too big. It's a miracle you can walk through a door right as it is." she retorted, grinning.

"Yeah, yeah." he said, rolling his eyes. "Can we get back to packing before you mortally wound me with your words?"

"Yeah, I guess." she agreed grudgingly.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware


"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Tommy asked Parker once again, for the millionth time.

"I'll be fine, Tommy. I'm just going to go in, tell my father, and then we can go."

"O.K., but if you need me, I'll be right here."

Parker rolled her eyes and stepped out of the car. She turned to him and said, "I'll be right back."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Angel! It's so good to see you!" Mr. Parker replied cheerfully, holding his arms out to her for a hug.

"Hi daddy." she said, half-smiling, and stepped into his outstretched arms.

"So, why have you come to see me today? News on Jarod?" he asked, sitting.

"No, daddy, this isn't about Jarod. This is about me."

"Is everything all right?" he asked, suddenly concerned.

"Yes, daddy, I'm fine. I've come to tell you that I'm going away." she said slowly, watching him for his reaction.

"Going away? On vacation?" he queried. "You know, Mexico is wonderful this time of year, maybe you should think about Cozumel or Acapulco. They are both wonderful vacation spots."

"No, daddy, I'm not going to Mexico, I'm going to Portland."

"Excellent! You've always loved Maine, just like your mother." he replied, smiling at the memory of times gone by.

"No, daddy, I'm not going to Maine. I'm going to Oregon. With Tommy."

"Oregon? Tommy? What the devil for?" he asked, frowning.

"Daddy, Tommy asked me to go with him to Oregon...and I said yes. I'm leaving the Centre."

"You're what?" he choked out. "No daughter of mine is shacking up with some carpenter in Oregon. Besides, we had a deal. No Jarod, no freedom, remember?"

"Daddy, I was hoping that you would just let me go. You have Syd and Broots still searching. And now Lyle has joined the search. You don't need me any more. Please daddy, this is my chance at happiness." she pleaded.

"Angel, he's a carpenter! What can he possibly give you?" he scoffed.

"Love, daddy. He loves me and I love him."

"Love gets you nothing in this world."

"Daddy, he's got money saved, and I have plenty of money of my own. We're just going to take a break from the world, travel, enjoy each other's company." she explained, not telling the whole truth.

"When will you be back?"

"I'm not sure, daddy."

"Will you be coming back to work for the Centre."

"I can't answer that either, daddy." she said honestly.

"Well, all right then. I guess it's been settled."

"Yes daddy, it has. I'll call you when we get to Portland." she replied, smiling at him brightly.

"All right, angel. It's sure going to be lonely around here without you." he said, not meeting her gaze. "Come back soon."

"I will, daddy."

"Good-bye, angel." he said, walking around his massive desk, giving her a hug.

"Good-bye daddy." she said, tears filling her eyes as she hugged him back.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Portland, Oregon

"Well, that was actually a pleasant flight, wasn't it?" Tommy asked, looking over at Parker with a smile.

"Yeah, it was. No screaming babies, no deaf, elderly old ladies shouting at each other, and no fat, smelly men sucking down vodka tonics and ogling me." Parker retorted, though two of the three incidents had plagued her before.

"That's positive thinking."

"Yeah, yeah." she replied, looking evilly at him.

"Shall we get our luggage and go home?" he asked cheerfully.

"Sure, why not. I don't think I can stand much more of this." she muttered.

"Would you rather go rent the car and me get the luggage?" he suggested.

"Yes, I would. Anything to get away from this crowd."

"O.K., I'll meet you out front."

"I'll be there." she said, and began to walk away.

"Hey!" he called after her.

"Yes?" she queried tersely.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" he asked, grinning.

"I don't think so."

"Come here and I'll show you."

She walked over to him, wondering if something had fallen on his head while she was not looking. As she approached, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to him, kissing her softly. She wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. When they broke apart, they were both breathless, and wishing that they were not standing in the middle of a crowded airport. Instead, they agreed once again on a meeting place, andwent their separate ways.

"I need to rent a car." Parker said to the young woman behind the Hertz counter.

"All right, ma'am. We have several cars available. Do you have a preference?" the young, blond clerk asked cheerfully.

Parker glanced at her name tag and replied, "Yes, Shaelyn, I do."

"All right, ma'am, I need you to fill out a few forms for me, so we can get you a car. If you'll please take this clipboard and fill out the following forms, we can get started." she replied.

"Sure, thanks." Parker replied with false cheer. She took the clipboard and took at seat in front of the counter. Ten minutes later, she returned to the desk and handed the clerk the clipboard. "Here you go."

"Thank you...Ms. Parker." she replied, and began to enter the information into the computer. "May I see your driver's license and insurance card?"

"Sure." Parker said flatly, and rummaged around in her purse.

"O.K., I'm just going to go make a copy of these and I'll be right back."

"Swell." Parker muttered.

A few minutes later, the clerk returned, and began to enter the information into the computer again. Parker drummed her fingers soundlessly on the counter, impatient as ever.

"Ma'am, you may sit down if you don't want to stand. This will take a few more minutes." Shaelyn suggested, rapidly deciding she did not like Parker.

"No, that's O.K., thanks. I just flew in from Delaware, and I'm really tired. If I sit, I'm afraid I'll go to sleep." Parker answered honestly.

"Wow, that's a long flight. Are you here for business?"

"Tell me about it. No, a friend of mine is redoing a house out here, and I came along. I needed a little vacation."

"Don't we all." the woman replied, smiling. "All right, I've got your info into the computer, why don't you tell me what kind of car you'd like, and I'll see if we have it."

"Corvette or Firebird, preferably convertible."

"O.K., we have one Firebird, but it's got T-tops. Is that O.K.?"

"Yes, that's fine. I'll take it."

"O.K., let me get Dave to bring the car around for you, and I'll go ahead and finish the paperwork. You're welcome to go outside with him if you'd like and see the car." she said, the keys on the keyboard clacking furiously. "How long will you be renting the car?"

"Let's start with two weeks." Parker answered, and pulled out her MasterCard.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"How long have you been here?" Parker called, hopping out of the car.

"For about ten minutes." Tommy said, eyebrow raised.

"Sorry, it took them forever at the desk. She made me fill out all of these papers and shit. I think I might have signed my life and first born child away."

"That's O.K., don't sweat it. But you'll have to lie to them about the children part." he replied, his eyes dancing with humor.

"C'mon studman. Let's get going."

"Nice car."

"Thanks, I like the passenger better, though." she said, winking at him.

"Why thank you."

"No problem. So how's about you tell me how we get to our new home?" she said, patting his leg.

"Sure thing!" he said, grinning.

"Hold on to your butt!" she called, squealing the tires.


~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Parker! Slow'er down, this isn't the Indy 500!" Tommy shouted, fighting to be heard over the rushing wind and blaring rock music.

"Where's your sense of adventure?" Parker asked, turning down the radio.

"It's on vacation." he answered, smiling at her.

"Hold on." she said, slowing the car for a stoplight. "What's the idea of putting a stoplight out here where there's no traffic?"

"Maybe to deter speeders, like yourself." he suggested. Movement in the brush caught his attention, and he turned his head, thinking maybe he would see a wild animal. He searched the short stretch of wood and saw nothing. He shrugged and turned his head back.

"Oof."

"What did you say, Tommy?" Parker asked, turning to look at him. "Tommy?"

She put the car in park and turned to him again. She watched him for a moment, noting that he had not moved, not even blinked his eyes. She tentatively stretched her hand toward him, wondering what kind of game he was playing this time. He was going to bite her hand, right? She touched his shoulder and got no response. She gave him a little shake, and his head dropped forward to his chest, bobbing slightly. She took a sharp intake of breath, horror moving over her face. She moved to touch him again and a drop of blood fell, as if in slow motion, onto his white T-shirt. Parker screamed and lifted his head, looking into his dead face; his eyes alternately glazed and glassy looking, his skin strangely pasty looking, and a perfectly formed bullet hole in him forehead. Parker screamed aloud again, the sound like a wounded animal slowly dying an agonizing, painful death.

"Tommy! You can't leave me!" she sobbed, half-screaming.



~~~~~~~~~~~


Blue Cove, Delaware

"What did they say?" Syd asked the doctor quietly.

"Well, after talking with witnesses, it seems that they were going somewhere, and had stopped for a red light. The shot was fired, no one heard anything, must have used a silencer, and she eventually realized that he had been shot. First witness on the scene says she was sitting in the car half crying half screaming, and clutching him to her. Refused to let anyone near them.

"Someone called 911 on their cellular and cops showed up with an ambulance. They tried to talk to her, and got nowhere. Finally, she tired herself out and they got close enough to give her a sedative. Took both of them to the ER, noted his TOD, kept her doped up while they tried to locate both families. They took her off of the sedative after locating the families, she's been like this ever since."

"What's the prognosis?"

"Syd, I'm not gonna lie to you. Seeing her loved one die like that, I don't know if she ever will. We both know how hard she took Catherine's death, this might have just pushed her over the edge."

"Can I talk to her?"

"Sure, go ahead. But I think you're wasting your time."

"Thanks for the advice, Dan." Sydney replied, and walked over to the bed.

"Miss Parker?" he asked gently, touching her arm.

She sat on the bed, rigid, not moving, not speaking, barely blinking her eyes. He gave her a little shake, and she bared her teeth, but remained soundless. Sydney watched her closely, his heart breaking for her. She was always the strong one, and it pained him deeply to see her this fragile. Those once expressive blue eyes were now devoid of any life or emotion, her skin as pale as cream, her soft lips cracked and bleeding. Sydney took her hand and held it tightly in his own, and began to pray. Even if she was never as full of life and vitality as she had once been, he would sell his soul for her to live and have some semblance of a happy life. As she was now, she would die, it was only a matter of time. He brought her hand to his eyes, and cried. He whispered a prayer softly as he cried, pleading with God to help her.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt." Jarod replied softly, looking away from Sydney.

"Oh God, Jarod! Thank God you're here!" Sydney cried, rushing to embrace the younger man.

"Hello, Sydney." Jarod replied shyly.

"Please, you've got to help her." he pleaded.

"Sydney, there's nothing I can do for her. She hates me." Jarod said, a pained look crossing his face.

"No, Jarod, she doesn't. When you escaped, I think it hurt her most of all. Her childhood friend abandoned her."

"So why would she want me to help her now? She thinks I abandoned her."

"Jarod, she cares about you, much more than she knows. Right now she's angry with you, angry that you were able to escape and she wasn't. But now she needs you."

"What if she pushes me away? Or even worse, physically assaults me?"

"I don't think she is capable of physical violence at this point, Jarod."

"O.K., I'll give it a try."


The End