Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these names, I believe that NBC has the official right to manipulate these characters, but like others, I like to wonder what they would do in *my* world.


Note: I'd be curious if ya'll like the first person narrative style. Other than that, read on my friends!



The Bank
By Gables



~~~~~

I sat there waiting for him; anticipating his face when he sees me sitting here. I sit silently and frozen, so not to disturb any alarm.

On cue the window opens and I watch without hesitation his graceful cat like movements.

Two days ago Brootes had found an obscure lead. I decided to follow it anyway. The gamble paid off.

Since it did appear to be so futile, Only Brootes and I went. We found his lair, and his laptop, but he was out. That was fine with me.

Brootes hacked into his computer and found the file that lead me here to this bank. Jarod had found another of my mother's safely deposit boxes. Also on file was the sim he ran to brake inside. The boy genius was good. I had broken into the bank the same way as he was now, not 20 minutes ago.

Jarod carefully replaced the window and strided toward the vault, to where I was sitting. Since he was moving, I knew that the cameras were off. I stood up.

He hesitated for a fraction of a second when he noticed my movements, but did not gratify me with a surprised look.

"What's the matter Jarod, stealing for the Center isn't exciting enough any more?"

He ignored my comment and opened up his bag. I stood there in silence for the next 7 minutes watching him open the vault. I followed him in and he produced two keys. He inserted them and turned them together. I watched his arms work as he pulled out the box and placed it's contents into his bag.

Jarod replaced the box, pocketed the keys and turned to me. "Shall we Miss Parker?" He offered his elbow. I took it and we walked back to the entrance window where I let go.

He opened the window, helped me through, passed the bag through and climbed out himself. I followed him over to his motorcycle and frowned. He had two helmets. He was expecting me. I hate it when he does that.

Jarod secured the bag and straddled the seat. I took the helmet he offered me and sat down behind him. As he started the motorcycle I shifted my hands from the rear grips to around his chest.

I smiled as my hands caused him to involuntarily suck in his chest. My thoughts began to wonder and I chided myself for being so stereotypical. With Jarod's plan there never was any danger of being caught in the bank, but nevertheless, I felt it and I was turned on. Having my hands wrapped around him and inside his black leather jacket didn't help at all.

We rode for about 15 minutes to a hotel. I stayed on the bike while Jarod got a room. He came back out a few moments later with the key card. He got back on the bike and drove to the back of the hotel.

I got off the bike and held the helmet at my side. He bent down to get his bag and when he looked up his eyes were filled with the same hunger that I knew where in mine.

The great thing about Jarod is that we never had to talk to communicate. Words are empty, as the Center has proved time and time again. But here now, just like when we were kids, we knew what each other was feeling without saying a word. Of course back then the feelings were loneliness and sadness, not the lust we felt now.

He took the helmet from my hands and carried them both with the bag up to the room. He set the objects on the table as I closed the door. We turned at stared at each other for a moment.

Then with a single stride, he was next to me kissing me with the passion and hunger that shone in his eyes. One hand held my hips to his and the other stoked my hair.

The first moments were kind of awkward, it was full of passion and anticipation, but we were both off balance as we tried to get our shoes off.

My hands followed the lines of his stomach and chest up to his shoulders and slipped his jacket off. Then I brought my hands back down to his waist band and began to lift up his shirt.

Jarod's hands had to leave my body to get the jacket off, and now they reached down to help me lift his shirt off. We broke our kiss as his shirt came up.

He moved his head next to my ear and we paused breathing on each other's necks.

I had worn a full body black leather suit. Sure, it contributed to my stealth moves and my hiding in the shadows, but truthfully, I had worn it to intimidate him. I wanted to catch him looking me over. I didn't think it had worked, but now as he tried to unzip it, I felt his hands shake.

I smiled against his neck. "Come on Wonder-Boy It's now or never"

He found his focus and pulled the zipper down. His hands glided up my back to my shoulders. His thumbs caught he material and followed it down my body. His eyes never left mine and he got lower and lower.

Finally the body suit lay at my feet and he looked down. Then he began to stand and his eyes followed every curve of my body. I felt wanted, needed. It felt great.

But I am not the patient type so I reached down and grabbed his hair to speed him up. When he got back to my eye level he smiled. I smiled back, and then kissed that smile of his.

I laid back on to the bed and he stopped to remove his black jeans and silk boxers before joining me.

I inched back until I was totally on the bed and he followed, crawling with me to keep contact with the kiss.

One of my hands remained in his hair and the other one moved down his body. We were both so ready.

He broke contact with his mouth and moved it to my ear.

"Now?" He asked.

"Now" I breathed. He then filled me with one thrust.

Our bodies began to move in a perfect union as though we had already been lovers for a life time. I wrapped one leg around his lower back and my arms held his upper back.

When I came I started to yell his name, but only got out the first sound before his mouth covered mine and breathed in my pleasure. My nails dug into his back, surely making marks.

He was reaching his own climax, and when he did, I came again. I shout his name again, and this time he couldn't stop me because he was shouting mine. The marks in his back became long scratches.

We laid there holding each other for a minute. As his surroundings returned to him, I felt him wince from my nails in his back. I unclenched my nails and sat up a bit to look at his back. I had drawn a little blood, but it had already started to coagulate. I rubbed his back as a sign that it was okay.

He rolled over next to me and we continued to lay there. The cool air of the room began to prick my skin, and I realized that we never even turned down the bed. I reached for the edge of the sheets and lifted them, sliding my body in between, and held them so that he could do the same.

We still didn't talk. No half-spoken praises or empty promises of a happy future. We knew what we were feeling without the words like always.

This night was a night about closure. The center had made us enemies, and in that, had thrown us together. This was the end to the lust and attraction that had been between us.

When I heard his breathing return to normal, I drew a lazy hand over his chest. He took it and kissed each fingertip gently.

With the initial animal lust gone we spent the rest of the night together in passion, discovering each other.

~~~~~

The next morning he eventually slipped out of my arms. I watched as he silently padded across to the bathroom.

When I heard the shower going I turned my head back and stared at the ceiling.

"I need a cigarette" I said to myself. The nicotine urges had finally stopped consuming me, but if I knew that sex with Jarod would be like that, I would not have given them up.

"I need a cigarette" I repeated.

When he came out a few minutes later, I watched him again, but this time the view was half obstructed by the towel wrapped around his waist. He watched me watch him get dressed.

"You'd better get up" he said when he was done.

I sighed and nodded. He watched me walk to the bathroom just as I had done.

When I got out of the shower, my clothes were nicely layout out on the bed. Jarod was sitting on the table drinking some coffee. I was relieved when I saw another cup steaming next to him.

I dropped the towel to return the favor of letting me watch him dress. His eyes went from my head to my toes and back up again. He smiled.

I smiled back at him. It was the morning, and I did not regret last night. Neither did he. 'Now it was' I thought.

I got dressed and sat down at the table. Jarod opened his bag and pulled out the contents of my mother's safety deposit box. There were only two items.

The first he handed to me. It was another letter from my mom to me. She had written it right after her father's funeral.

Dear Melissa it started.

In my memory I heard her voice read the letter to me.

She told me about her parents, I regret that you will never know them. They were caring people and loved you and me. I know that, even though they never met you, They were proud and showed your picture to all their friends. I had never really thought about my grandparents. Daddy told me that they died before I was born. I guessed that Daddy made my mother choose between her family and him.

The letter went on, giving a few anecdotes and where they were buried.

I looked at the date: June 3, 1966. I remembered that weekend when Mommy was gone. She left in the middle of the night. When Daddy asked the next morning where she was I answered with the only clue she gave me, "She said she was going to visit Philip." He frowned and took me to the Center. It was the first time I went there. The place scared me. The next time I went, I held my mother's hand as we entered and the building didn't seem to stand a chance against my mother.

I was wrong of course, but I stopped my memories there. I looked up at Jarod. He was sitting silently watching me and drinking his coffee.

He handed me the second object. It was a small notebook of bank transactions. From the look on his face, this was nothing new.

"You already knew about these account?"

"Yes, I found them in a round about way."

"What have you done with the money?"

"I combined the accounts into one over in Europe. The Center will never find it."

I nodded. "Why?" I asked, already knowing the answer, but I wanted to hear it from him.

"Someday, when you are ready to leave the center behind, I will give you the code."

I nodded again. He had probably reinvested the money and made a fortune for me. When I leave the Center, I'll never have to work a day or depend on anybody for anything. I smiled, Jarod will never stop caring for me.

He stood up and put the letter and the bank book in his bag. He grabbed the two helmets and left the keycards on the table.

We walked back down to his bike and got back on. He drove past the bank a couple of blocks to where I had left my car.

I handed his helmet back and he passed me the letter and the bankbook. I took only the letter.

He nodded and replaced the book, then secured the helmet.

We looked at each other again as best friends for a final time. He smiled again. A smile of happiness that we really were friends, despite it all.

When I smiled back, he started the motor.

"Until next time Parker."

"Until next time Jarod."

As I drove home I replayed the night in my head. I didn't resolve anything regarding my mother, but Jarod and I finished the road that we started together so long ago. This is where we ended. The Center prevented us from going any further, so we both accepted that, and now we can move on.

When I got home I changed and headed over to the Center, and began the hunt once more


~~~~~~~