Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Okay this is once more something for Tiff and the rest who like reading it. This is a response to a pretty old challenge (27/5/02) but well I printed it out and pinned it up my little “idea board”, where so many things are actually posted….

It’s more or less a sequel to “One Fine Day” but you don’t have to know it to understand this one .
Oh yeah Tiffany this is also a little changed, I just love it to much to write from Parker’s POV … so if its too naughty blame Tiffany for it *lol* - her new job is to keep me busy.

Oh and not to forget – I borrowed some lines from Céline Dion without letting her know *g* … bad I know LOL



Just walk away
by
Mary Eve Parker



“Ms Parker could you do me a favour?” Broots asked me shuddering for fear. That’s exactly the way I liked to see him, and I had to smile in light amusement.

“So what can I do for you Broots?“ I hissed with a big smile on my lips. I liked it when they, men, were begging for something. I looked at him, straight into his eyes, like I could read him like an open book.

“I know that its …. do you have any plans for Saturday?”

“You are right Brootsie that this is none of your business,“ I told him nicely. “But tell me what the matter is.” I tried to be nice, really nice, not Parker nice, Mary nice.

He started to stammer softly, I felt that it wasn’t easy for him to ask me. “Well … you know … well … it’s … that …”

“Just spill it out Broots, I will not bite you.”

“It’s Debbie’s Birthday this weekend and one of her wishes was that you could go with her to the new amusement park”

She wanted me to go with her? Me, the living Ice Queen. I looked at him for a moment, smiled a little and said softly “And where is the problem?”

“So you will do that? Hey that would be wonderful, she would be so happy.”

“Broots, from adult to adult” I smirked at him, “if you stammer like that often in front of woman … “ I thought again about what I wanted to say. “… just bring her to my place at 11am okay? Well we’ll go out for lunch and than we’ll go to the park and than …. well she’ll sleep at mine if it’s okay with you?”

“Oh Miss Parker I think that’s what she was dreaming of” he looked down on the floor. “She adores you like a big sister, a mother and best friend, all in one”

I smiled at him. I couldn’t believe that somebody could see more in me than the leading cold woman I tried to be, the woman who ate man like changing underwear. I tried to live with the picture people had from me – I wasn’t happy with it but what shall I do? I couldn’t change to my real ego. Only Jarod could do that in private, he knew that he could do it. And if it was only for the one night, only the most amazing night I ever had. He had just been there for me and gotten me unconscious just from making love to me.


~~ Saturday ~~

I was worried the whole morning I thought about Jarod. I hadn’t seen him for two weeks now and I was really nervous about that. We had just had a little telephone sex talk two days ago. I needed him and he knew that but he loved it to tease me.

I was standing in the kitchen, with mixed thoughts and still in my robe when suddenly the door bell rang and I had to look at the watch in my kitchen. It was really, really it was eleven.

”Shit” I bubbled in disbelieve.

I went to the door to open it. Debbie was standing there in front of me with a big smile on her lips.

“Come in honey” I said with a sweet voice, and nodded to Broots who had decided to stay in the car. “Happy Birthday” I said and hugged her tight.
I felt the smile against my cheek. She had really turned into an amazing little woman, not the small girl I thought to know. The one who nearly lost her father because of my insecurity, shortly after Jarod escaped and the Centre was searching for the leak.

Today she was twelve amazing years old, wearing a pair of tight black jeans and a soft blue tank top.
“Well girl, I have to get dressed so want to stay downstairs or go up and help me a little?”

“Go up with you Ms. Parker.” she said smilingly.

I am stunned day by day when I see her. She is such an amazing girl, and she likes me like nobody else does.

So we went up to my bedroom, I took a quick shower while Debbie was searching through my drawers and the big ward robe. And she had asked me if she could look through them shyly and I had just nodded. My weapon was downstairs, so there shouldn’t … oh haven’t thought about the small collection in my underwear drawer … it will be more than embarrassing for me.

So rushed a little in the shower, didn’t dry my hair yet and went back into my bedroom. Honestly I am not sure if I was just red from ear to ear or my whole body. I had rapped myself into a big dark blue towel and watching Debbie, looking through my shoe gallery in the back of the walk-in wardrobe.

“Its amazing how many pair of shoes you have Ms. Parker.” I grinned a little, knowing that half of them haven’t yet seen the good, old, dirty street. Its like with me and underwear.

“So what are you going to wear today?” she asked me, when she noticed that I was sitting on the edge of the bed, studying her.

“What ever you want me to dress …” I offered her, “sweetie, its your big day and not mine.”

“ Hhmm…. “ she was searching through my wardrobe till she found a pair of dark blue Levis I had bought about a year ago and not yet once worn. “I think I like this one” she showed me the jean and I smiled at her. I thought she would pick up something dressier, we were going the amusement park and not a dress show. “And I like this shirt” she said and handed me a simple mid yellow tight top with a deep V in front. This wasn’t a combination I would usually wear, not more than at home, maybe the tee when I was running … but this was Debbie’s day.

I smiled took both, took some underwear out of my *special* drawer and went back to the bathroom.
Today Debbie made me nervous, more than that. It looked like she would find the well hidden *me* and I couldn’t risk that Broots will find that out.

“I like your closet Ms. Parker” she told be through the bathroom door.

“Thanks darling and please call me Mary sweetie.”

“Mary … “ she murmured. Maybe she couldn’t believe that I have a first name, sometimes I couldn’t too but when Jarod was around, I was Mary, so it got a little easier lately.

When I came out of the bathroom, with a little makeup and fully dressed she looked at me in disbelieve.

“Why are you so stunned?” I asked her and sat next to her on the bed.

“You are different Ms. Park….Mary, you aren’t like the last time…“ she stammered softly.

“You have to learn Debbie that also my life is changing, not much but at least a little.”

“I don’t want to go out for lunch … could we stay here before we go to the amusement park? I want to chat with you, and I really like your house?” she asked me.

I was not really stunned but a little shocked. It looks like I have really impressed her today. Normally she would love to go out for lunch.

+++++

So we sat there on my futon eating Pizza. I couldn’t believe that I was eating a big Trito di Carne on my own, that I was eating junk food at all. I was sitting there in my jeans having fun. Fun with Debbie.

“So what has changed Mary?” she asked me unexpectedly.

“Well…. how should I say … “ Now it was my time to stammer and being more than nervous.

“It’s a man. Am I right?” I just nodded, not to say anything wrong. “And how is he?”

Girl what are you talking about and this boyish grin of yours … you don’t know that you stepped into my pool of problems actually.>

“Well Debbie ….”

“Tell me Parker, we are friends, and friends talk about everything.”

Girl you are twelve and I am over thirty, life is different.

“Well sweetie, let me just say that he is wonderful.”

She smiled at me and nodded in believe. “So you sleep with him.”

Wow. I looked at her, stunned. What can you tell a girl about things like that ?