Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own Dana, Fox, Parker and Jarod - they belong to 1013 & CC and on the other
hand to Craigh and Steve. I am not making any money with this, its just fun and I will give them
back alive when I am finished with them :)

Rating: NC 17 because of good reasons (i.g a little f/f)

Keywords: S/jealousy, MSR, MPJR, Babyfic, little slash but not really worth mentioning, ...


Those days are gone - Part One
By Mary Eve Parker



It was too early for a weekend to get out of bed, somehow I didn’t really want to get down and make some coffee. Just staying in bed would feel so right, so perfect. I just want to relax and get a clear head again.
The last week had been horrible. My health wasn’t the best, my ulcer worse than ever – sickness all over. I couldn’t believe that I hadn't taken a day or two off but this was not Parker style so I had to stay and work every day with even more breaks to run to the toilette and less explanations for Sydney who was the one who was bugging me with questions.

I was lying awake in my bed, still naked, not even pulling the robe from next to me over my body. I wouldn’t say that I studied my body, no, I knew it too well – I was just staring at an imaginary point somewhere above me.

Suddenly I heard the doorbell. God who would disturb me on my first free day in a month? I needed to kill this person. I pulled the robe over and took my weapon from my nightstand. Slowly I made my way downstairs to see who the hell was disturbing me in the morning.

I opened the door and nobody was there, nobody out there.
“Who the fucking hell thinks this is fun?” I yelled and had nearly closed the door when I saw the wooden basket in front of me. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing there. What was in front of me? I was in shock. A baby. A newborn.

I looked around to see if I could see somebody. But nobody was there, not even the wind made a sound. I got down and grabbed the basket and took it inside, closing the door with my leg. I sat the basket down on the couch table and sat down, opposite it.
I couldn’t believe it. A baby in front of my door. Who could be so insane and want me to raise a child? Me, the person who isn’t even able to take care of myself? A lame joke.

Now I was looking at the baby. She had a soft skin, baby skin, typical. I wasn’t even able to think clearly! Her black hair was soft and fluffy, and her eyes blue. Cute. God it was a baby and every baby was cute.
A letter? There must be a note or something like that with the baby. Somebody telling me if it was a boy or a girl, the name and all these things.

And here it was, one hand of the baby holding, it the other hand tucked neatly under the purple baby blanket.

“Dear Ms. Parker
You don’t know me and I don’t want you to search for me because it’s not secure anymore, not now. Now, you have the baby and I feel fine to know that you will take care of your little darling on your own. I don’t feel able to do it anymore. I can't work for the Centre a minute longer. I've done this job for to long now and I saw too many women with sad faces in my dreams- I have stolen their dreams. Like yours. This little girl is yours!
She was born a day ago and is absolutely healthy. She is a cutie. I found out that I was pregnant with your child when I was more than six months gone and I haven’t had the heart to let an accident happen. Normally they just impregnate me and that’s it but this time I got an internal mail from somebody, not signed with a name, telling me that it would be your gene I was carrying, yours and the ones from a guy named “J.” in it. I don’t know him but I am sure you can find it out on your own.
When you read this letter I will be gone, forever.
R.
Ps. I haven’t named her. She is yours. “



“Holy shit.” was the only possible thing for me to mumble.

I was sitting there in shock. I couldn’t believe it.

The moment was absolutely bad. I had a small operation a couple of days ago, nothing serious but I have to relax a little and a baby isn't the most positive thing for it.

The fact that I had a child was unbelievable. I really wasn’t able to believe it. Would I ever be able to do so?

So there were women who were being paid by the Centre to carry kids. I thought that these programmes had been stopped and cancelled ages ago. But it seems that these rumours I didn’t want to believe were true, fucking shit.

I wasn’t able to hold back tears, not able to do anything against it. What should I do now? I couldn’t let them know that I knew about their experiments, about the fact that they were creating a new generation of pretenders.

How many other women would be out there, who had given birth to one of my kids.

Remember Parker, remember …. so many things happened lately and I have been at the Renewal wing more than once, just to check things up. A couple of months ago, maybe it was already a year, I got shot into in my shoulder. I had been in there for about a week. Maybe then? Maybe.

I looked at the baby. She was looking at me too. I am not sure if I have ever seen a baby so young before. I don’t know. I haven’t ever been handy with kids. My friends, the ones I have had from boarding school, were mostly married with kids – the classic 1,5 kids family, with a dog and a picket fence.

Tears were running down my face, more than just running – I felt like a leaking river. I couldn’t believe that they have done something like that to me. No, not me. Daddy this ….


~*~


I slowly went down the building. Today was Monday and my weekend hasn’t been very relaxing. Mulder had called me today at 5am that he would need to see me a little earlier in our office I was really tired, more than normal – but he had begged and I had imagined his puppy look and couldn’t refuse.

I didn’t knock, just entered. It wasn’t his office anymore, it was ours and I was working hard on showing everybody that we were equal partners.
Before I entered the office I heard the end of a telephone call.

“Sure Parker …I will take care of your problem …. We haven’t seen each other in a long time, hon I know and I am really sorry for it.” He was calling 0900-numbers from the office – interesting.

“Morning Mulder …. I am far away from calling it a good Morning.” I nodded when I sat down slowly.
“I will get you some coffee Scully. Stay calm and smile,” he mumbled before he headed to the coffee machine. Thanks god that we had our own one with good coffee and not this cheap office crap.

I watched him getting there, bending down a little. God his gorgeous rear end – not that I haven’t noticed it before, that it looks so good that I want to grab it. But this was fantasy – Dr. Scully’s Private Dreamworld.

I was sitting there at my desk watching him. I couldn’t get my eyes off his ass, never could. It was too amazing to miss a perfect view like this.

“We have to help a friend of mine and I really need your help here.” Mulder said when he placed my mug in front of me.
“Why is it always me when it comes to one of your friends Mulder?” I asked him, not wanting to help again. The last time I ended waiting for him at a restaurant with one of his Oxford friends– he never showed up. Mulder was in Iowa while I had to deal with this macho.

“I haven’t seen her in ages and it seems to be that she is having serious problems.”
“She?” I asked wondering a little. Why should I be dealing with one of his ex lovers? Why me? I am sure she would be a tall, dark haired or even blond woman with incredible legs and big boobs. His type.
“Yes, it’s a woman Scully. I handed her a ticked to Austria about a month ago and she is there now but was always causing troubles and nothing seemed to have changed during the years.”
“Aha so she is in Austria at the moment?” I asked and really asked myself why I even tried to talk him out of it. I knew that it was quite impossible to resist one of his theories. Sometimes I was able to find a good excuse or my mum was my excuse or stuff like that. But I really couldn’t say now if he was coming with this puppy look.

“Yes she is in Tyrol at the moment, in a small cottage in the mountains but it’s getting winter there too and they have had the first snow a week ago.”
“Don’t want to go to the cold parts of the world again Mulder.” I whispered.
“She has a baby … it’s a rather complicated story at all. Our flights are going tomorrow morning at 4am, so I will pick you up at 2, just to be sure. They check everything a little more if you do this over sea flights at the moment.”
“Mulder ….”

He turned around and faced me. He hasn’t done that before. I mean he had gotten us tickets without asking me first but never in a personal case.

“What Scully?” He asked me questioning.
“It’s something personal, nothing to do with the X-Files.” I said and if I would have had a chance to open the floor and jump in it – I would have done it.
“I know Scully and if you really don’t want to go with me I would understand it but I am not really good with female stuff so I wanted you to go with me. I really haven’t seen her in ages, just talked to her twice. I didn’t even see her when she picked up the tickets. I wanted her to be safe, that’s why she got a new ID from me and papers for this journey.”

“Mulder you know that this was absolutely against all rules.” I really tried to sound serious but somehow I couldn’t believe that my voice betrayed me.

“Come on. You know that (I never follow the rules and she was a friend who needed help. I know that you two are very different and I am not sure if you will get along with her but you are the only female I know.” he said and pulled his puppy look out. Shit.

“That’s a lie Mulder! You know more females than I know.” – And most of those were laid by you, apart from me. But dreams are dreams, not reality.

“Pleeaassee Scully.” he said and moved over to my desk. “I will do whatever you want me to do when we are back. Just don’t let me go alone. I can't guarantee anything if I have to go on my own. Please Scully, you are my only support.”

I looked up at him into his amazing hazel eyes with these golden points in it. Amazing. I could do that for days, just staring into them.
What should I do now? I couldn’t say no, not when he was begging like a little boy for a lollipop. And he was quite good at this begging thing because most of the time he got what he wanted from me. Shit I was so vulnerable if he was begging for anything.


~*~


I hadn't thought that he would bring a woman with him but he did. I hadn’t asked for it but Fox was always a specialist in these things. I am not sure how often he had helped me out of troubles while I’ve been in Oxford.

“Sleep darling, just sleep a little more.” I said and brushed softly about my baby’s head. She was really a darling and since she was sleeping through the nights, my daily routines had gotten easier.

I was sitting in the airport of Innsbruck waiting for Fox and his “partner” to arrive. A female partner who hasn’t been laid by him? There must be something wrong with her then I guess.

I was sitting there, Caroline sleeping in her stroller. She was cute and three months old now. Life had gotten me into serious troubles in Blue Cove and Caroline was my final reason to run away. To run and not be chased by anybody. Nobody ever found out where I was. I called Fox and asked for help and he helped me. Like always.

I have gotten a new ID and papers for Caroline. Now I was Georgia Sanders. I really hate this name and thanks god that I am not very sociable. There is no reason to tell people my name though.

Their plane was late, over an hour now. My belly was growling and I couldn’t resist ordering some toast and mineral water.

After another hour I finally saw the doors open and a lot of people heading outside. Then there was Mulder. God he was looking like twenty years ago. Gorgeous. Handsome. Trained.

“Parker.” he said and headed with a big grin towards me and Caroline, a small woman with fire red hair behind him. He hugged me tight and pressed a soft kiss on my cheek.
“So this is little Caroline” he said and bent down to the baby. “Sorry … Parker this is Dana Scully …. Scully this is Sarah Parker.”
“Hello” she said and we shook hands. Now I understood why they were just partners. She wasn’t his type. She was short with fire red hairs, soft freckles and a slim body, looked like small tits and she didn’t seem to be one of those Agents who would be able to break a rule.

I looked at Mulder who had gotten Caroline out of her stroller and pressed her firmly against his chest. She was wide awake and smiling at him.

“How far along are you?” Dana Scully asked me. She had noticed my belly. Yeah me being pregnant –what lovely news!
“About three months.” I answered, coldly. She wasn’t a person I would put any trust in.
“You are showing at an early state!” she mentioned when we headed to the car.
It was true – I was showing early and I wasn’t really willing to be pregnant. But this was another story.

~*~


This was a typical Mulder woman! Shit! I thought I was behind this jealousy. Even with her softly showing belly, even this hard bulk, she was an amazingly beautiful woman with a strong mind, I guess.

But something wasn’t right about her. I haven’t a clue what it was and I am not even sure if I really want to know it because even now I am uncomfortable in this situation.

Sarah didn’t even try to flirt with Mulder, don’t ask me why, but at the moment she doesn’t seem to be interested into him. I wonder why! But I really have to thank her for that because if she would be doing it, I couldn’t guarantee anything. I am really jealous even if a woman just gives him a smile, a small part of my heart dies.
Mulder was so perfect, so handsome and the most caring man I have ever met. On the other hand I haven’t met too many men in my life who got that near towards me.

She was wearing a small pair of warm slacks, woollen, I think, and a thick, skinny pullover. Her hair was nearly black and her eyes, like mine, ice blue. I am not sure if she was able to smile when the baby wasn’t around. I also noticed that she wasn’t nursing the baby. She was giving her the bottle and this at such an early age.

Mulder was driving the car while Sarah was feeding the hungry baby. She was really cute. I haven’t seen a lot of babies lately because I refused to get in contact with these sweet creatures. It was still causing a lot of pain inside and I am sure that Mulder had noticed it. Hasn’t he? No he hasn’t! Shit. He was still telling her how cute her little girl would be and how much she was looking like her mother.

“Stop it Fox, please.” Sarah said and looked back towards me. “You two don’t know the full story and I am still not able to tell but let’s just say that things aren’t as easy as they seem to be. Okay?” she said with a low voice, “And please stop asking me about the baby Fox, stop bugging me with questions, for the moment!”

This woman was everything I wasn’t. She might not be Ms. Super Boobs but well she was tall and looked like an angel –with cold icy eyes.
Somehow it feels that they haven’t been the closest friends during their years.

“So how are you Ms Scully?” she asked me and looked backwards, towards me.
“Well call me Dana please.” I nearly whispered, “Thanks I am fine, just a little tired.”
“Well I understand I guess. When we are up at the house I am sure you can find a place to sleep, a calm, warm and silent one.”
“Thanks” was the only thing I was able to answer her before Caroline started to whimper a little.
“Calm down honey” Parker whispered, “Everything is fine. We’ll be home in a couple of minutes.”


~*~


This woman Mulder came with is somehow strange. I don't know why she is only nice to me when Caroline isn't around. Well nice is not really the correct word - she speaks with me when the baby isn’t around would be what I meant to say.
She is a silent and hot blooded woman, I can tell this from her eyes but somehow she is hiding something deep inside.

I showed them their room. My cottage was small so they had to share a room but he said that it wouldn’t be the first time so he was the one who was sleeping on the sofa.

God! I was hungry again. I could eat all day long and thanks to god that I’ve ever had any morning sickness.

“Can I help you with anything?” –Fox asked me standing behind me in the kitchen.
“No thanks” I nearly whispered. He hasn’t changed a lot and the little changes he went through only made him more handsome! He was a little thinner than the last time I saw him but god this small glasses in his hands.
It had been long since I’d seen a handsome guy. Here where I was living now or shall we call it hiding, there aren’t many males around.

“Does your friend need some sleep?” I asked him.
“I guess … I haven’t been able to give her a lot of time to decide what to do. I told her to pack and that our flights are going the next day and that was it. Please Sarah understand her, its not easy at the moment- nothing is easy now.”
“Well I guess than she deserves some sleep.”
“I see those dark rings under your eyes and I think that they don’t do you well.” – God he was cute – “Go get some sleep and I will look after Caroline.”
“Have you ever dealt with a baby?” I asked, just to be sure that he won’t kill her.”
“It’s a long time since the last time I babysat but on the other hand I was told that it should be like riding the bike.”
I turned around and headed to the living room door, turning a last time around I said, “Thank you Fox and I really hope it’s like riding a bike.”

With these words I went to bed. It was just afternoon but going to Innsbruck and afterwards up into the mountains again wasn’t a journey I do every day.

~*~


God this had been good, I thought. The bed was cold and I was still fully dressed and glimpsed the little watch I had posted on the nightstand – 7pm. I got out of bed, not even putting on shoes and went to the living room.

And what did I see there? Mulder was laying on the sofa, the baby pressed against his chest sleeping – Caroline was fully awake. He had his arms around her to make sure she wouldn’t fall off him.
Slowly and with tiny steps I went towards him and took her from him. She was a beautiful baby.
I sat down at the kitchen table and gave her the warm bottle that had been waiting in a bottle warmer. She didn’t refuse drinking because I was a foreigner, no, she was drinking like a baby bear. So cute.

I hadn’t seen Sarah stepping into the room and I don’t know how long she’d been standing in the doorframe, not that I cared.
She was really tall and must have been very thin before her pregnancy. But let me think of it – it doesn’t match. God I am a doctor and I haven’t noticed it. Darn I am stupid.
She can't be that far along and this cute girl couldn’t be her daughter, it wouldn’t even work. It wasn’t possible. Dare to ask her, she will tell sometime.

I saw her and noticed that she was studying me. Sarah was wearing a black fuzzy robe and sweats, a pair of warm woollen socks and not to forget a remarkable smile when she noticed Mulder sleeping on her sofa. She was an amazing woman. Unfortunately.



~END PART ONE~