Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Title: Waiting 2/Extra! Extra!
Authors: Rising Sun (jagrslc@yahoo.com)
FF of Rising Sun is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc
The FF of Rising Sun is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc

Summary: Jarod makes the cover of a national publication.
Classification: Romance: Jared/Parker
Disclaimer: The Pretender characters portrayed belong to NBC and TNT Television. No copyright infringement intended. All other characters depicted are purely fictional and any similarities to actual people are purely coincidental.

Permission to archive: Permission Granted
Author’s Note: This is a response to Mickey's Picture Challenge of April 7, 2002.
Feedback: If you enjoyed it say so!
Story Written April 8, 2002

----------------------------------------------------------------------


THE CENTRE
BLUE COVER, DELAWARE



Angel Parker – Miss Parker to ALL at the Center walked into the building. Actually she strutted in. She was long legged and slim and favored short skirts and long jackets that emphasized such.



She stepped out of the elevator and groaned as Broots the tech wizard assigned to her scurried up. Yep she thought that is exactly what he does scurries along these corridors. Before he could squeak she spoke. “What!”



He gulped.



“Well!” she was already irritated and he hadn’t said a word.



Finally he shoved it into her hand. She stared dumbfounded and the focused on him as tough it were his fault. “Where did you get this?” She growled.



“Hey sis!” Lyle breezed by.



She transferred her glare to him for a split second and then back to her prey. “Talk” She hissed.



Lyle oblivious to the situation or just ignoring it said, “Seen the latest issue of Biography Magazine?” he grinned and almost skipped away.



If possible her gazed on Brootes intensified. “Well!”



“I subscribe and it arrived today!” He stuttered hoarsely.



She slapped the magazine to her leg and headed toward her office to study it. “Don’t disturb me.” She ordered.



“Er no no ma’am.” He assured her and got away with great relief.



=====================================



PARKER’S OFFICE



She slammed the publication down on her desk. “Damn it!”



She stood, prowled the office then stood looking out the window.



The slogan of the magazine was that every life is a story and apparently Jarod had more than one story to tell. Without mentioning the Center but referring to it in a manner that any one working here would know he proceeded to tell a story of a man who only wanted to do good and that sometimes it was not always possible as some folks wanted to stop him. The he related his latest case of a College Professor who had placed students in solitary confinement under conditions so extreme that two of the eight had died.



“Damn it!” she hissed again as she thought of him.



The article had turned to the mundane until the end when his love life was tackled. It was a case of love to be. The woman was stuck in the tower and he had to win her.



She turned on her heel and hit the intercom on her desk. “Brootes pack you, Sydney and I are off to Austin Texas.”



She swept out of the office. She knew he was gone but she needed to examine the area just as sure as she knew she was the woman in the tower.



THE END