Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers: I don't own these characters as much I would like to. But I don't. so here goes. "The Pretender" is a ™ of MTM Television and NBC. I have used their characters without permission, but no copyright infringement is intended. The song I use in this story is also used without permission ( At this moment I can't tell you it's title, if I did it would spoil the ending. )
Authors notes: This is my first Pretender fanfic, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. This story is dedicated to my clone, Susan. Thank you for so many things, but mainly thank you for pushing me to finish this, and also for it great title.
Illusions

by Becci B

Part One of One



I lay there in my lonely bed. My naked body covered lightly by the cotton sheet. I was just drifting into sleep when I heard it. A noise, a soft noise that sounded louder then thunder in the silence of my quiet, empty house.

It was the soft noise that is made by a shirt being pulled off of naked skin. I had thought I was alone in the house, so I held my breath, praying that my mind was playing tricks on me. No that's not 100 percent true, there was a small corner of my heart that hoping that what I had heard ment what I hoped it did.

'Please let it be him' that corner of my heart was saying. Then I heard another noise, this one louder and unmistakable. It was the sound of a zipper being drawn down.

I lay there in the silence, my hand still wrapped around the gun that I had grabbed at the first noise. The gun I kept under my pillow, just for a time like this one. My mind and heart were at war with each other, I knew it was him, and I knew what I should do, but was what I should do, what I wanted to do?

Finally one emotion won the battle and I slowly released the gun. I lay there in silence, waiting to see what would happen next.

I felt the bed dip, as he placed his weight on the edge of the mattress. The sheet lifted briefly off of my body as he slipped under it. I held my breath in anticipation, then released it in a soft sigh as he pressed his naked length against mine.

As he wrapped his am around me to pull me close to him, I heard him whisper, "I have wanted this,.... you for so long now."

I had been wanting to hear those words from him for so long now, but now that he was saying them, I don't want to hear them. At least not right now. I wanted to just ..... feel. I turned my head slightly and lightly kissed him. With the kiss I whispered against his lips, "Please, don't. not yet, let's not talk now." He returned my kiss, and as he did, I could feel his head nod slightly. I sighed, and turned back around in his arms.

I'm not sure how long we lay together like that, our bare bodies spooned up against each other. I'm sure it was just moments, but it felt like for forever, oh how I wish, wished it could last forever. I felt, feel, so safe in his arms, I feel loved.

Slowly, lightly he ran his hand up and down my body. Barely touching me, while he softly kissed the back of my neck. He curled his fingers and slowly dragged his nails across my skin. I moaned as I felt it, it was as if that was what I needed to release all of my pent up feelings.

My deep buried feelings of love, passion, lust, hunger, desire, and raw need. I pressed myself back against him, pressing our bare skin together as tightly as I could. I smiled as I heard him let out a deep growl of passion.

His kisses were growing hungrier and hungrier, it was as if he suddenly couldn't contain his desire, his passion any longer. His hands were everywhere on my body at once it seemed. I could feel the hunger, the passion in him, in his barely controlled strength. His hands were almost bruising on my skin, but after all the years of wanting him, and being denied him, I welcomed the brief touch of pain. There is such a fine line between pleasure and pain, I wasn't really sure if it was pain, or just pleasure beyond belief.

I felt his hand on my shoulder, pushing me away from him, so that I was almost laying on my stomach, at first I wanted to protest the loss of his skin next to mine. Then I felt him lay claim to my body, as his, with his mouth, lips, tongue and teeth. I had no control over the low, ragged moan that escaped my mouth as he scraped his teeth down my spine.

Normally I was always the one in control when I had sex, but I felt my control slipping away from me, and was glad. This was so much more then just sex for both of us.

Oh god, the feel of his hands, and mouth on me was making me crazy, I wanted him with a fire, a passion I had never felt before.

I could feel his teeth on my shoulder blade and knew that in the morning I would bear the mark of his passion. Knowing that, just made it more pleasurable.

He was working me into a fevered state, where I knew that if he didn't take me soon, I would end up taking him.

Suddenly, like he was reading my mind, he sat up and turned me over so that I was laying there with him kneeling beside me.

The room was so dark, I couldn't see him except as a dark outline, much to my disappointment. He reached out his hands and softly caressed my body, starting at my neck and shoulders. Working his way down to my breasts, my stomach, my hips.

My body was crying out for him, for more of his touch, for his possession. I could feel his hands slide from my hips onto my thighs. Without much pressure, he parted my thighs and moved between them. He ran his hand across my wet lips, testing to see how ready I was for him.

I think we were both surprised at how wet and ready I was for him. I could tell what he was planning next, and as much as I wanted to have him taste me, and make me come with his mouth and tongue, I wanted him inside me more. I wanted him deep inside me, pounding into me, making me scream.

He started to move down my body, and I had to stop him, I reached down grabbed his head, pulled him up to me and claimed his mouth in a kiss. What started as me laying claim to him, quickly turned into him laying claim to me. He deepened the kiss till I felt myself getting lost in it.

He reached down, grabbed my wrists, pulled my arms above my head, and pinned me to the bed. I moaned into his mouth and wrapped my legs around him. He broke our kiss and pulled his body off of mine.

Even though I couldn't see his eyes in the darkness I knew he was looking me right in the eyes, with that wonderful little smile/smirk on his face. That look that drove me wild with lust for him, while at the same time it infuriated me.

We lay there like that, my legs wrapped around his hips, my arms pinned to the bed above my head, while he kept his body just barely off of mine. With a low noise, somewhere between a sigh and a moan, he lowered his body to mine.

I felt his hard cock brush against my wet lips, then as he slowly started to slide into me I moaned. Right at that moment, I wanted him to just forget about the niceties, and just ram it into me, but as I felt him slowly slide back out of me, I was glad that he was in control.

It felt so wonderful, the feel of his weight on me, my legs wrapped around his slim hips, his cock sliding in and out of me. I could feel my orgasm building inside of me as he slowly ever so slowly, stroked in and out of me.

I wanted to wrapped my arms around him. I wanted to dig my nails into his back as he made me come. I wanted to scream his name, but my orgasm hit me so suddenly and with such a quiet force, all I could do was whisper it.

I don't know if it was my whisper of his name, or the force of my orgasm, but one of the two, or a combo of them both, seemed to send him over the edge. He released my arms and grabbed my legs and pulled them up higher on his lower back. I wrapped my arms around him and dug my nails into his back as he thrust harder and harder into me.

His thrusts so hard now, that he was pounding into me, harder and harder, faster and faster. I could feel his orgasm building when suddenly I was hit by another one, so powerful that this time I did scream his name. As it was starting to subside,
suddenly I felt his start, the feel of him coming so hard inside me it set off another small one for me.

We lay there, wrapped in each others arms, breathing heavy. I started to wonder what was going to happen with us now. I realized that I loved him, but I also knew I had a job to do, and until I did that job, I was trapped.

I felt his arms tighten around me as he softly kissed me, then whispered against my lips, "I love you"

I parted my lips to say it back to him . . . . . . . . . .



Suddenly I was woken by the ringing of my phone, I snapped on the light with a curse and as I barked "What?" into the receiver I was already reaching for my cigarettes and lighter. I took a long drag on it as I heard Broots' stuttering on the other end.

"Spit it out, damn it." I growled into the phone. "What possible reason could you have for waking me up at . . . " I stopped to look at the clock across the room, when I did I saw a small CD player with a long stemmed red rose laying on it.

My mouth tightened for a moment, and I said into the phone "Let me guess, Jarod has been spotted in the area. Don't ask me that you imbecile. I'll be there when I get there" I hung up the phone, and sat there staring at the CD player.

Finally I got the nerve to climb out of my bed and walk across the room to check it out.

There was a note wrapped around the stem of the rose, I opened it and read . . .


I dreamed of you, of you and I together.
At least I think it was a dream, it was so real.
Do you dream it, feel it too?
Please listen to the song.


I looked at the CD player , I could just make out the title of the song though the window on the top. There was a post it note stuck to the play button. Play me, it said.

I hit the play button and walked across the room to look out the window into the midnight sky. I stood there, smoking my cigarette, listening to the words of the song over and over again, while silent tears ran down my face.

For a second of your life
Tell me that it's true
Waiting for a sign
Is all I want of you
Your heart it hides a secret
A promise of what is
Or something more than this
Just a second of your time
Any one will do
A taste of any other
Is all I want from you
Offer me the world
How can I resist
Something more than this?
Make-believe in magic
Make-believe in dreams
Make-believe impossible
Nothing as it seems
To see touch taste smell hear
But never know if it's real
For this second of your life
Tell me if it's true
Anywhere beyond
Is all I want of you
Your lips lies a secret
A promise of a kiss
Or something more than this
Just a second of your time
Any one will do
To know any other
Is all I want from you
Giving me the world
You know I can't resist
Something more than this
Make-believe in magic
Make-believe in dreams
Make-believe impossible
Nothing as it seems
And never really understand
What anything means
Another second of my life
Not knowing if it's true
Make-believe in nothing
Is all I want of you
Whisper me the secret
Whisper me there is
Always something other
Something more than this.


The End

Author's Note: The song is by The Cure called "More Then This", it can be found on the "X Files: The Movie" soundtrack.

Becci B
August 1998