Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



The Weak Prey
By: Southern Belle


Jarod stood in the lobby of a local hotel when he spotted her. Her beautiful shoulder length, raven hair. He liked her new style. It hugged the shape of her face nicely. He watched as she walked over to the front desk, slowly and calmly. He knew it wouldn't take her long to find him this time. He was just hoping it was a bit longer.

He stood in the shadows of the large plant that stood in the corner. He kept waiting for the sweepers to enter so he could slither out like a snake. But this time they never showed. He began to wonder if they were waiting for him out side. He watched as his hunter stepped onto the eleavtor and pushed the button to go up. When the doors closed he could see the pain in her eyes. He wanted to run but something kept him standing there wondering what was wrong. He moved closer to the windows to see if there was any sign of the enemy. The coast was clear. "Why?" He thought. He went to the desk that she once stood at.

"Excuse me ma'am."

"Yes."

"The lady that was standing here, was she looking for me?"

"While yes, Mr. Morton, she was. I just sent her to your room."

"When she gets back will you give this to her?" He wrote on a piece of paper and handed it to the blonde headed lady. Then he made his exit.

******

When Parker entered his room she knew he was gone. She searched through his things anyway. "I have got to find him." She said to herself as she turned the pages of the red notebook.

She went to window and looked out. She could feel her pain saying 'Jump' but she couldn't listen to it at least not until she found him.

She stormed out the room and back down the lobby. She was almost out when the lady caught her attention.

"Ma'am, the gentleman wanted me to give you this."

"Jarod?"

"Yes."

"Thanks." She grabbed the note and left in a hurry. 'He's still close.' Parker kept thinking as she got in her car and drove off.

******

She sat outside the condo, staring....wondering....'Why he left her the note?'

Jarod stared out the window hoping she would come.

Parker finally got out of the car and went to the front door. She stood there frozen. She wasn't sure why she hadn't knocked. 'I'll tap it.' She thought as her hand began hitting against the wood of the door. Then she saw brown eyes, his eyes.

"I thought you would never show up." His voice was low.

"Did I knock?" Her mind was somewhere else.

"Yeah. Come in."

She came in and stood next to the door.

"You can have a seat, Parker." Jarod pointed to the couch and chair that sat back against the wall.

"Thanks." Her voice was barely over a soft whisper.

"Parker, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"You don't seem yourself." Jarod took a seat next to her.

Silence filled the room, for what seemed an hour but only about five minutes.

"Why did you leave me that note?" Parker avoided his eyes.

"You looked like you were in pain."

"You always seem to know me." Escaped from her lips.

"What did you say?" Jarod heard her but wasn't sure that she meant that.

"Nothing." She glanced up at him. "I didn't mean to say that out loud." She stood, paced the floor.

"Parker, tell me what is bothering you?"

"Who says anything is bothering me?"

"Because I haven't seen you this way since...."

"Since my mother died."

He shook his head. He eyed the window by the door. He got up and sauntered that way. He lifted the curtain and peeked out.

"I'm alone." She replied as she watched him.

"Mmm."

"I said I'm alone."

He turned to face her. "I'm sorry. It's a habit." He stepped closer to her and reached out. She pulled away. He noticed the tension. "Why are you alone?"

"Centre's orders." She could see the confusion in his eyes. "I'm not here to bring you in, at least not for now."

"What? I don't understand."

"I don't either. They are probably out there somewhere. Watching...." She drifted off as she walked around the tiny condo. "So who are you this week?"

"A shrink."

"Oh great." She managed to keep that comment to herself.

While she looked through the place, Jarod moved in closer to her. She picked up the scraps of newspaper clipping that was laying on the table. "That's Nancy. She is having problems at home." Parker jumped at the sound of his voice. She wasn't expecting him that close.

"What kind of problems?"

"Family problems."

She shivered as his warm breath hit her neck. "It's warm in here." She stepped forward and removed her jacket.

Jarod could see marks that were fixed on her lightly tan skin. "Parker, what happen to you?"

"Uh." She swung around. By the look on his face she knew what he was talking back. She quickly placed her jacket back on.

He pulled her next to him. "Let me see." He extend his arms out for her to remove the jacket.

"I fell."

"Who did this?" He whispered.

"I told you that I fell. Now, can we drop it?!"

"No, we can't. You are hurt and I want to take care of you. Now, remove the jacket or I will." He demanded.

She knew she couldn't win against him. The jacket slid off of her shoulders and landed on the floor next to them. Jarod walked around her like a predator getting ready to attack it's prey.

He touched the dark thin mark that ran from her neck to her shoulder. She jumped. "I'm sorry." He replied as he followed the one that ran down her backbone with his eyes.

"What did they want?"

"You."

He stepped in front of her again. "And they thought you were the key to me?"

"You could say that."

They stood they staring into each others eyes. Both were scared to move. Jarod leaned in like he was going to kiss her.

Ring, ring.

"What?" Parker grabbed her phone and moved away from him.

"M-Miss Parker?"

"Broots?"

"I'm sorry but your father wants to know if you have found Jarod."

"No. I told you that I would call if I did."

"S-sorry to bother you."

Parker hung up the phone and glanced back over to the one person that she knew was her key to freedom.

"They were looking for me."

"Kind of."

"Why did you lie?"

"Lie? I didn't lie?"

"Yes, you did. They want to know if you found me. Why?"

She couldn't move. She wanted to so bad but her legs just froze there.

"What do they really want?"

"I told you that I don't know, Jarod."

"Fine. Don't tell me. It's getting late. You can have the bed. I'll take the couch." He entered the bedroom and grabbed a pillow and blanket. He went to the couch and made his bed. Parker turned and headed in the room he just left. She sat on the bed a while before removing all her clothes except the underlining ones. She climbed into the bed, staring at the walls. She didn't know how she was going to pull this off and at that moment she really didn't care. All she wanted was to leave. Maybe she could talk Jarod in hiding her somewhere safe. A smile formed on her lips as she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

******

The sunlight lit up the small room. Jarod leaned back in a chair propping his feet on the edge of the bed. He watched her sleep. He listened to the soft moans that she let out in her sleep. He wanted to take her pain away. She rolled over and felt a indention on the bed. Opening her eyes, she saw him there...watching.

"Sleep well?" He asked.

"Yes and you?"

"I'm better now." He got up from the chair and sat down next to her. She pulled the sheet up around her, covering her bare skin. He bent down and kissed her shoulder. He felt her muscles began to tighten. "What are you afraid of, Parker?"

"Nothing."

"Then why are you scared?"

"Who says that I am?"

"Your body shows it."

He laid down next to her with his face inches from hers.

"Are you going to tell me who hurt you?"

"I said..."

"I know what you said. Now I want the truth."

She didn't say a word. All she could do was listen to her inner self say 'Kiss him, touch him, do something'. She wanted so much to give in and she knew he wouldn't mind. Jarod leaned in again. It was like he was reading her mind. His lips brushed hers lightly. Parker deepen the kiss that Jarod had started. Her arms wrapped around his neck holding him close to her. Jarod broke loose and kissed her neck down to her shoulder. He began moving toward her breast when she pulled back. She hopped out of bed, taking the sheet with her.

"We can't do this."

"Why? I know you want this as much as I do."

"I do but..."

"But what?"

"That is what they want. Don't you see."

"Who? The Centre. Your father?"

"Yes." She hung her head.

Jarod moved toward her and pulled her down to meet him. "Parker, is that who hurt you?"

She shook her head yes.

"Why?"

She looked him in the eye. "I had specific orders to stop my birth control pills. Find you and get pregnant. They decided if they can't get you back then they want your child."

"What? This is insane."

"I know, Jarod."

"You didn't want to follow orders so you got beat."

"Yes and no."

He wasn't sure what she meant.

"I was told to stop them several months ago. They came into my house. Took everything. I had one package hidden and when that one was finished I made an appointment with my doctor. Daddy found out. He was furious."

"Did he do this to you?"

"No, daddy could never hurt me."

"Raines."

She didn't say a word. He jumped up from the bed and paced back and forth. "I hate that man."

"Jarod...."

He looked up.

"It's okay. Can't I stay with you."

"Oh you are going to stay. There is no way in hell I'm going to let you go back so they can hurt you again." He calmed down. He went back to where she was seated.

"Parker, do they hurt?" He touched her back.

"Not like they did."

"Does Sydney know?"

"No and you are not going to tell him either!"

He drew her into his chest and held her like a baby. She sobbed for a while before facing him again. He wiped away her tears. "It's okay. I'm going take care of you."

Her arms flew around his neck as she rested her head on his shoulder. He held her tighter. Her lips skimmed his neck before she raised up and found his lips again. His tongue entered her slightly parted lips to deepen the kiss. She pulled him down onto her body. It wasn't long until they found the magic they both had been longing for.

******

Parker laid on stomach while Jarod traced the bruises and marks on her back with his soft fingertips. He kissed every one like he was taking away the pain. When he reached the last one he laid gently next to her as close as he could without hurting her. He lifted her hair off of her neck and kissed her.

"I'm sorry he hurt you."

She rolled over and faced him. "It's okay now." She smiled. Yanking his face to hers, she kissed him one more time. "What do we do now?"

"I will finish up here and you can keep lying to them." He grinned a sly smile. "And we will move somewhere where they can't find us."

"I like that plan."

"Me too."

"Jarod, what if..."

"Let's don't think about it."

"But what if something did happen?"

"Then we would have a family."

"You know I like the idea of having your child."

"You do." He beamed.

"Yeah but not for the way they intended."

"I know." He kissed her again. "We could practice ...safely....for when we are ready."

"We could." She kissed him.

She tugged him to where their bodies became one, once more.

The End!