Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Who owns them? Nobody knows for sure. Maybe Fox, maybe TNT.
Spoilers: Just one....Til Death Do Us Part


Second Chances
By: SouthernBelle


Miss Parker woke from the cold sweat that covered her body. Even though she got to tell Thomas she loved him, something was still missing. She laid in bed staring at the ceiling as the time flew by. Finally, rolling over at 5:00, she couldn't take it anymore. She got ready for work and headed in.

When Sydney walked by her office at 7:00 he saw a light on.

"Parker?"

"Yeah," she answered softly as her chair turned toward the old man.

"What are you doing here this early?"

"I couldn't sleep."

"I hope everything is okay."

"Everything is fine." She gave him a look, a look he knew so well.

"I will check on you...later." He left.

Parker turned her chair around and stared out the window as the sun began to shine through. Her head was filled of images of Thomas and a boy she knew so long ago. As she tried to shake the images of Jarod from her head the phone rang. Parker leaned her head back into the chair, and closed her eyes. As the phone kept ringing, she turned and hit the speaker button.

"What!" she yelled.

"Well, someone is in a bad mood."

"What do you want...Jarod?" She paused.

"I wanted to make sure you feeling...better."

Lyle walked in and she hung up the phone.

"What do you want?" she snapped at him.

"I wanted to make sure you were back with us."

"You have nothing to worry about."

"I hope not." He exited.

Steam began to form inside of Parker as she stood. She left her office and found Broots and Sydney in another room of the Centre.

"Feeling better?" Sydney asked.

Parker just stared at him.

"I guess not," Broots whispered.

"Don't you have something to do?" she turned to the tech.

"Yeah...I guess so." He quickly left.

"Parker...."

"Sydney, I don't know what to do."

"About?"

"About the way I am feeling."

"It will take time."

"But Syd...you don't understand."

He looked at her waiting for her to continue.

"What if it happens again?"

"What if...'what happens again'?"

"I don't get to tell him...." Her cell phone rang. "What?"

"It's not nice to hang up on people, Miss Parker."

"I'm sorry about that. I had a...." She walked away from Sydney. "We need to meet."

"I'm not so sure that is good idea."

"Now!"

"Okay. Do you know where the old cabin is down by Sutter's Road?"

"Yeah."

"Be there is an hour."

"Thanks." She hung up the phone.

She went up the stairs and headed out when Sydney said, "Parker...."

She kept going.

******

Parker stared out of her windshield before getting out of her car. She walked to the front stairs, hesitated before opening the door.

"Jarod?" She called out as she walked around. He didn't answer.

"Damn it, where are you?"

"I'm here," she heard from the shadows.

Jarod walked out so she could see his face. "So, what's this about, Parker?"

"I'm not sure." She paced the floor not looking at him.

"You are the one that wanted to meet. This better not be an attempt to take me back."

"It's not," she whispered.

"Then what?"

"It's just...just that I needed someone to talk to..." She glanced up at him. "...someone. Someone I could trust."

"What's on your mind?"

"Jarod, I've been thinking..." She watched him as he paced around her. "I can't let this happen again."

He stopped and looked into her crystal blue eyes as a tear formed.

"What is going to happen again?"

"I can't let someone go without telling them how I feel."

"You want me to help?" he asked questionably.

"No, I want you to listen."

He looked at her in confusion.

"Jarod, I can't let you go before I tell you how I feel about you. I have already lost that with Thomas."

"Uh..I don't understand."

"Jarod, I loved Thomas but you were my first love. I know that now. I have tried so long to forget that and you...but I can't hide it anymore. Jarod, I love you." She looked over at him and then quickly turned her head.

"Parker." He walked over to her and lifted her face with his hand. "I love you too. I always have and will."

With their faces inches apart, Parker touched Jarod's lips with hers then Jarod deepened the kiss. Parker took Jarod's hand and led him toward the bed. She pulled her gun from behind her back and laid it on the table beside the bed. Her lips found his again, when Jarod pulled away.

"Parker, wait."

"What?"

"I don't know if we should do this."

"Why?"

"Because...how do I know you aren't planning on taking me in after...."

"Jarod, I told you I'm not letting you go."

"But..."

"Second chances....Jarod....this is what this is. Our second chance."

"Things are going to be different after this."

"Yes, they are."

"How are you going to hide your feeling from the people at the Centre?"

"Who says I'm going back?"

Jarod looked at her, stunned. All this time he wanted her to leave, to find happiness. Would she really do it this time?

"Jarod...they took my Mom and Thomas. I'm not going to let them take you. They always take away the ones we love. Please don't fight me on this."

Jarod's hand caressed Parker's face. She leaned in to kiss him again and Jarod pulled her down on to him. Parker unbuttoned his shirt and slipped it off his shoulders as she kissed his neck down to his chest. Her hands continued unbuttoning his jeans once the shirt was removed. Her lips didn't stop either. Jarod let out a moan as the jeans made their way off of him too.

His hands touched her head, bringing her back to his lips. Their eyes met as she smiled at him before kissing him again. He started to unbutton her shirt as she continued to kiss his neck. He rolled her over and threw her shirt to the floor. He kissed each breast before removing her bra. He teased her nipple in his mouth before moving southward to her pants. He carefully removed them, taking everything with them as they hit the floor beside her shirt. His fingertips ran back up her soft legs before stopping at her hip. She opened her legs and Jarod slowly entered. She moaned with every thrust.

"I want to hear you call out my name," he whispered in her ear.

She pulled his face up to where their eyes met again. "Only after I make you call out mine." She grinned as he took his tongue into her mouth.

*****

The moonlight hit Jarod's face as he woke with his arms around Parker's body. Laying there in silence, he shook her gently, "Parker, Parker."

"What?" she answered still asleep.

"We have to go."

"What? Now....can't it wait until morning."

"No, someone is coming. We must leave now." He jumped up and gathered his clothes. He peeked out the window as she dressed.

"What is it?" she asked as she grabbed her gun.

"Sweepers."

"How many?"

"Two cars. I can't tell how many people."

"Now what do we do?"

"Come on, follow me." She took his hand and followed him at the back way.

******

Lyle lead the group in. "I want a clean sweep. Do you hear me?"

They spread out over the cabin. Lyle walked over to the bed. "Well, it looks like she has turned on us."

"What do you mean?" one of them asked.

"It looks like she has slept with the enemy." He pointed at the covers messed up on the bed.

"Boss, they must have left a few minutes ago. The bed is still warm." He pulled the covers up over the pillows.

"I want the sheets bought in for evidence." Lyle turned to walk out.

The sweeper gathered up the sheets and headed out behind Lyle.

******

Jarod and Parker walked in the woods far enough away from the cabin.

"Jarod, where are going?"

"Just a little further." He held her hand tight as they walked a short distance. "Here." He stopped.

"I don't see anything."

Jarod pulled a blanket covered with leaves off a motorcycle. "Hop on."

Parker held on to Jarod as he jumped on and started the bike. They went through the woods before running into in the road. They traveled until almost sunrise.

"Where are going?" she asked.

"Where would you like to go?"

"I don't care as long as we are together." She hugged his waist harder.

Jarod stopped at a little motel off the road. Unlocking the door, "Ladies, first."

Parker entered, looking around the room. She sighed, "What are we going to do?"

"Well, first we will stay here until dusk or until they move in on us, whichever comes first. Then we go anywhere you want to go. Do you want to leave the country or stay here somewhere?"

"I don't care, Jarod."

"Well, I know where we can go until we can decide."

"Where?"

"I know this place where we should be safe."

"Where?" she asked again.

"You'll see."

"Can you give me a hint?"

"No, cause then you will know one of my hideouts."

"Well, it won't be much of a hideout if you take me there."

"I know. I just don't want you to know until the time is right."

"Why are you afraid I won't go with you?" She walked behind him, wrapping her arms around him, "I'm not going to leave you this time," she whispered.

"I hope not," he answered to himself.

******

Sydney and Broots stood in front of Lyle as he yelled. "What is the hell does she think she is doing this time?"

"I..I don't know."

"Well, you better figure it out, Mr. Broots! Now get out of here and start a search for my sister and Jarod."

Broots looked over at Sydney as he turned to leave.

"Lyle?" Sydney said calmly.

"What Sydney?"

"I think she is finally happy. Can't we let them be?"

"What?" he yelled louder. "Am I hearing you correctly."

"Yes."

"Do you want to tell the Triumvirate that?"

"Well..."

"No. I don't think you want me to but I guess YOU could."

Sydney stood there staring at Lyle.

"Get out of here and help Broots or something. I have to find out the lab's report."

Sydney turned and headed out the door.

******

"Mr. Lyle."

"Yes."

"You were right. The semen found on the sheets is Jarod's."

"Anything else."

"Well...we are still working on the other stuff you brought in. I should have you another report later today."

"Thanks." Lyle stormed out the lab.

******

Sydney stood over Broots' shoulder as he typed away at his computer.

"Syd...ney."

"Yeah, Broots."

"What do you think is going to happen to Miss Parker when Lyle finds her?"

"Broots, I have a feeling that Lyle won't find her."

"What do you mean?"

"Well....think about, how many times have been close to finding Jarod but haven't?"

"Yeah."

"Well, she is with him. She doesn't want to be found."

"Oh...what about us?"

"What about us?"

"What do we do now?"

"We go on with life...that is all we can do."

"I'm going to miss her."

Lyle stormed in Broots' office. "Anything?"

"No."

"Then keep searching." He left just like he had entered.

******

Several days later, Jarod and Parker pulled up to the wood cabin style house in the middle of nowhere.

"This is your hideout?" Parker asked as she looked over at him.

"One of many. What do you think?"

"I like it." She nodded her head.

"Good, because I not letting you out of my sight." He reached over and kissed her.

"That's good 'cause you are all mine." She hardened the kiss.

"Lets go in." Jarod replied as he broke away from the kiss.

"Only if I can have you when we get in there."

"I bet I could arrange that." He smiled.

They entered the house, Jarod cleaned off the dusty chair as Parker walked around her new hideout.

"What do you think?" Jarod asked as he walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I love it."

"Good."

"But you know what would make it better?" She faced him.

"What?"

"You over there." She pointed at the bed and smiled.

He took her hand and they walked toward the bed.

*******

Later that evening, Parker came out of the bedroom wearing one of Jarod's shirts. "I think I should call Sydney," she said as she entered the kitchen to find Jarod making himself a sandwich.

"Why?"

"I want him to know that I'm okay. I don't want him to worry."

"Okay, we can call him tomorrow."

"No, I think I should call him tonight. I know he will be home alone, not at the Centre."

"Fine." He handed her his cell phone.

"Thanks." She kissed his lips as she took the phone.

"This is Sydney."

"Syd."

"Parker, where are you?"

"That's not important. I just wanted you to know that I'm okay." Jarod walked to where she was standing and began to kiss her neck.

"Lyle has us searching for you."

"Then search." Jarod made his way down her neck, past her shoulder, and stopped at her breast. "Jarod, I'm on the phone," she whispered.

"But I'm lonely," he whispered back.

"But Parker I know you don't want to be found."

Parker's lips found Jarod's. When Sydney didn't hear anything, "Parker....Parker, are you there?"

"I will have to call you back another time." She hung the phone. Jarod picked her up and carried her back to the bed again.

"She is getting just like Jarod, always hanging up in the middle of a conversation," Sydney mumbled as he hung up his phone.

******

The next day, Lyle called Broots into his office.

"Tell me you have something."

"I'm...sorry."

"What do you mean you are sorry? You are going to be when I get finished with you."

"Mr. Lyle...it is like....they have....vanished."

"Vanished? They couldn't have just vanished!"

"Well...they did."

"Fine. Work on something else for now. But this is not over. They will resurface and when they do I will be waiting for them."

The End!