Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: With the exception of the family, all the characters belong to NBC, MTM and Fox; I'm just borrowing them for my story. Please don't sue:)

Author's note: This is a big one and, as usual, is full of spoilers - all the episodes aired till now. I'm trying to put everything together, so it makes sense but I didn't see the episodes and I might let something out. Also, I don't have a clue of what happened to Samantha Waters from 'Profiler' (if she's dead or alive), so forgive me. Please tell me what you think! It really helps. I won't improve otherwise.





TIME FOR REUNION
Part 3
by Vania








The next day

Mr. Parker's office



Everyone was in the Chairman's office. Mr. Parker sat in his leather chair and the others, with the exception of Miss Parker, were standing. Lyle was saying something about his new oriental secretary, when Willie entered with another sweeper.

"It's all taken care, sir." Willie left, never really stepping into the office.

Mr. Parker just nodded "fine" with his head.

"Daddy, wasn't there another option?" Miss Parker asked looking straight into her father's eyes and then looking to Raines, who was next to the desk in her right side.

"We couldn't let the kind of information he had to be spread to outsiders, Angel!" Mr. Parker said, trying to be gentle.

"He was a danger to us and had to be exterminated!" said Raines in his rough voice.

"We all know the danger that is exposing The Centre to the public, sis. It had to be done!" Lyle's statement received one of Miss Parker's looks - her eyebrow raised, of course.

"Besides, the Triumvirate wouldn't be very pleased if it comes to their ears that we were fooled by a sweeper!" Mr. Cox added with a grin on his face, never taking his eyes of Miss Parker.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

"Miss Parker!" Broots said hurriedly.

"Can't that wait?"

"We need to speak to you. It's important." Sydney said to make her realize that they really needed to talk to her.

Miss Parker stood up from the chair and excused herself, sweeping past Mr. Cox, who was standing next to the door. She still didn't like him.

"Do you think she knows something?" Lyle asked to the people in the room.

"It's your job to accomplish that she doesn't!" His father said.

"Like mother, like daughter." Raines added, but before leaving the office, Mr. Parker said "Don't forget that you're only alive because I let it."

The others left Mr. Parker's office as well, leaving him alone. When they were gone, he seemed really concerned about the latest events.

****

Meanwhile, Broots and Sydney were going with Miss Parker to her office.

"What was so important that couldn't wait? Found something about Jarod?" She asked, sounding cold.

"Hm...no, it's not about Jarod. It's about Mr. Raines." Broots said nervous and lowering his voice.

"Spit it out!"

Sydney continued handling her the papers he had "It's Raines' medical records."

While she opened and read the files, now in her hands, Broots and Sydney watched.

In the files said that the bullet didn't attain any vital organ, and that he should be recovering nicely.

"That son of a b**** has more lives than a cat!"

"He's a hard man to kill..."

"We all know that you have a lousy aim, but we're talking about my father here. He wouldn't miss the target!"

"Unless he wanted to." Broots said.

"What is that twisted mind of yours thinking?"

"I...I...hmm...I was only saying that maybe your father didn't wanted...to kill him."

"Are you saying that my father shoot him in front of me, just to make me think he was dead?!"

"It does make sense, Miss Parker." The psychiatrist said, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"His timing was perfect. Raines was about to tell me the person who knows everything about my mother's plan, when he drop dead."

"Then, that means that...that your father doesn't want you to know something."

"The question is: what." Miss Parker said, rubbing the ring in her left index finger.

Sydney looked a little worried with Broots and Miss Parker's last statements, but didn't let them notice.

****

Meanwhile, Jarod was now fully working with Samantha. He told her everything about him, and about his life at The Centre: that they abducted him from his parents, and made him do simulations for other purposes than good; and that, later, he ran away from that place, and that, now, The Centre is trying to catch him at all costs. She could hardly believe him, at first, because she thought that he was doing that because he wanted to, but as she get to know him better, she could see he was a good man.

Samantha, also started a search on Jarod's family. It had passed several months since he last saw his father and his brothers, Emily and Ethan. They got separated days after the explosion.

Jarod started remembering that day, as if it was today...

-------

"Jump!" Jarod screamed, with two seconds left on the timer.

The bomb exploded and a fireball rushed out of the tunnel, causing a car to lift up in the air over another one.

In the nip of time, Jarod and Miss Parker were able to jump out of the train, but were immediately pushed to the floor. It all happened so fast, they didn't even have enough time to think.

Fortunately, Jarod was feeling good enough to drag Ethan and Miss Parker out of the tunnel with him. Ethan was awaked, but was suffering with some kind of attack, and Miss Parker was unconscious. When Jarod reached the street, carrying the two, he found his father and Zoe. But, in the other end of the street he could see two black cars pulling in. "Sweepers..." he thought. That's when, Lyle got out of the car.

Ethan was now saying something about danger. The voices were telling him that danger was coming. Jarod went to his father and, still carrying Miss Parker in his arms, told him that they were there. The Major held the boy immediately, and took Jarod to his van in the other street.

"Are you sure you're taking her, son?" the Major asked opening the van.

"I can't just leave her here, dad!" Jarod answered "She needs help."

Zoe watched speechless to all this! "She must be thinking who is this woman." Jarod thought.

While Jarod gently placed Miss Parker in the back seat, Zoe and the Major got in the front seats of the van. He was saving her and risking his life for her, for the second time in a little more than a year.

The Major started driving to the Sisters of St. Catherine Church, where Emily was recovering from the fall.

In St. Catherine's, Miss Parker woke up with a big, huge, headache. "Where the hell am I?" was the first thought that went through her mind. Jarod was sitting in a chair, near the bed.

"Good morning, Miss Parker!" Jarod said with a high tone of voice.

"What's good about it?" Miss Parker asked, putting her right hand in her head.

"At least, you survived. You know, if you hadn't stop us in that train all that time, you should be able to get out a lot easier than we did." He said with a smile on his face. He got up from the chair and handled her a pill with a glass of water.

She took the pill and the water the fastest she could, and then started asking questions, such as "What am I doing here with you?" and "How did you bring me here?". The usual.

Then, Ethan entered the room with Major Charles. Obviously, Jarod's father wasn't liking the idea of having the enemy under the same ceiling.

"I'm leaving. I'm fine and I don't need to be here anymore." Miss Parker said, trying to get up. But she was stopped by a hand.

"You're not going anywhere!" Jarod said determined. "You still need to rest as much as any of us."

"But you're up! And so is Ethan!" She said sounding annoyed.

"Yes, but we weren't unconscious for two days as you were."

"And where is my cell phone? And my gun?"

"They're in a safe place. Don't worry. I didn't hurt your pets." He said a little sarcastically.

"Very funny, Jarod. But my father must be looking for me, and, when he finds me, you'll coming back where you belong."

"Yeah, yeah. Specially your brother. He must be worried sick looking for you."

"Shut up, Jarod!"

"I'm leaving. I'll be waiting for you outside, son." Major said totally annoyed by her coldness. Ethan looked at his sister, but instantly looked away seeing her so angry, and left with the Major as well.

"Listen, you really need to rest" Jarod started, talking very slowly "Why don't you enjoy this little vacations I'm giving to you?" He said while sitting in the left side of her bed.

"I will only have a life when I bring you back. I can't afford to take vacations." She said laying down.

He pulled the blanked accommodating her and told her to sleep. Just when he was leaving, Miss Parker simply said "Thank you". He looked at her, smiled and left the bedroom.

After a conversation with Zoe, with the two parts agreeing that it would be better if she left, Jarod intercepted a call from Mr. Cox to Mr. Parker, saying that he has found his daughter. The call had been a while ago, so Jarod quickly went to his father and told him to go with Ethan and Emily to somewhere far from there, while he would set up everything. The Major wasn't very happy to leave him again, but agreed to go, for everyone's safety.

Jarod picked up his DSA case and went to Miss Parker's room. She was sleeping. He approached her carefully, so she wouldn't wake up, and gently put a kiss on her forehead. He got out quicky, leaving her cell phone and her gun in the little table at the left side of the bed, and when he reached the back yard's garden, he saw Mr. Lyle pulling out of the car with Mr. Cox.

------

Miss Parker was now going to her father's office. She didn't really expected he would tell her the truth about Raines, but she could at least confront him with what she knew. Without knocking, she entered the office, opening the doors like she usually does.

"Angel!"

"Tell me about Raines."

"What about him?" Mr. Parker said wondering what was that his daughter wanted to know.

"Oh, tell me about how you shot him and left him for dead, and then he miracously survived." Miss Parker said with an eyebrow raised.

"The fact that he is alive is a miracle itself, angel." and then continued "Believe me, I wanted that man dead."

"Yeah, I bet you did. Specially because he was about to tell me very important things about my mother's death."

"Now you're going too far! Raines is a source of troubles for The Centre. Even the Triumvirate agrees with this!" Mr. Parker said, raising his voice.

That's when Mr. Lyle comes in "Hi, sis!" But Miss Parker walked out of the room the minute he got in and didn't even replyed the compliment.

"What's up with her, dad?"

"The usual. She's being stubborn. I thought I'd told you to take care of Raines."

"And I did. But I told you he disappeared from where I put him."

"Instead, he's alive and already creating problems. I don't know how can I call you son! You're a failure!" This words certainly touched Lyle's heart (yes, he has one).

"It isn't just me who is failing over and over again. Just look at my sister. She's hunting Jarod for what? Five years, now?" Lyle said, trying to excuse himself.

****

"Jarod!" Samantha asked, running to him. "Here, read. It wasn't easy, but I found your family, Jarod."

Jarod read the paper now in his hand, and saw an address where his father and his brothers were supposed to be.



-----------------------------------------------

Tell me: are you liking, hating it. Feedback, please!