Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I just know that they don't belong to me. I can only wish I did. God only knows what I would do with them:)) However, they belong to NBC. Or is it TNT right now? I don't really care as long as they don't sue me. Please don't!!!! I barely have enough money to go to the movies.

Author's note: Well, here is another part of "Time For Reunion"... I hope you guys are enjoying this because I got very little feedback last time I posted:( Even if you're not liking it, I do, 'cause I have lots of fun writing! But, good feedback is very welcome to bust my ego:) And I'll try to answer all of it this time!




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





TIME FOR REUNION
Part 8
by Vania




At 1 in the morning, Major Charles, Jake and Ethan were still trying to find the exact location of Margaret. Emily was already asleep since 11pm. But the rest of them, and especially the Major. He wanted to find her tonight so that in the morning they could go to her.

They were really close today, but missed her by half an hour only. Luckily, she was last spotted not too far from Blue Cove, which meant that she too was close to finding Jarod.

Jarod wasn't home. He left a while ago to get the other files. When they get all of them, everything should be over. Forever.

"Dad, you're exhausted. We all are! We continue our work from here tomorrow."

"Jake is right. Tomorrow we will find Margaret."

"You two don't understand! I haven't seen her in for over twenty years! They destroyed our lives and I want my wife back! I want my family back!"

"We will be together. Our families will be reunited in time. If everything goes as planned, tomorrow will be the last day of The Centre. Now, come on!" Jake said, shutting down the computer.

"I just hope Jarod can get the files in time to bring them to justice. They should pay for all the evil they've done to us and to the other families they've destroyed."

"That was her plan! And we will complete it!" Ethan concluded.

****

It was late and she had had a very long day. She could barely keep her eyes open. Usually, she wouldn't feel this tired at this hour, but all the alcohol must have gotten to her. So, Miss Parker grabbed her case and got out of her office and went to the Sim Lab to tell the guys to go home as well.

However, before going there, she decided to pass by her brother's nursery. Though, why her father always left him there was beyond her. She had the feeling he was expecting Andrew to have the gene, but she would never let the Centre hurt him like they did to other children. It sounds like a cliché, that she was willing to do what her mother did - saving the children. But Andrew was special. Something in his big brown eyes called out to her.

Reaching the improvised nursery, Miss Parker could hear her brother crying. She entered the room and picked the little boy up, resting him in her arms. Today, she was almost willing to take him with her. this was no place for a child to be in, especially such a small one. And her father didn't even care. She was afraid that one day he would turn out like him or worse - like her other brother, Lyle. Sure her father was going to do everything in his power to make him grow strong, with no feelings whatsoever, and make him the heir to the Parker name.

After five minutes or so, Andrew calmed down and was already sound asleep in her arms. Carefully, she placed him in his bed, pulled the blanket he had with him up and kissed him lightly on the forehead. Then, she finally left to the Sim Lab.

Surprisingly enough, Sydney was with Broots too. She didn't expect him to. But again, this wasn't a regular day and Miss Parker had to remember herself about what was happening. The top of the desk was a mess. There were papers all over it. Broots and Sydney were so concentrated that they didn't even notice her arrival.

"Goodnight boys! Working late, I see."

"Miss Parker!" Broots said after nearly jumped of his chair, "Don't ever do that again to me!"

Broots was having an hard time. We all know how he is when he's breaking the rules. But, since this is for a good cause - a very good one, I might add - he gave into it (like he always did when talking about catching the bad guys). However, he couldn't get over with the fear he was feeling. He was used to snoop around in Raines' office and he swore he was never going to do that again. He spend most of this night working on getting the files Jarod asked them. He couldn't do it during the day, so he started to do it at 10, when there was almost no one working and he could have better access to the files. Getting them, however, was not an easy job: there were passwords and codes he had to decipher. But, Broots considered himself a very intelligent man, and the truth was that he was, or he wouldn't have been able to get the job done.

"The sooner we get this over with, the better." Sydney said.

"I agree with you, Sydney, but it's late and we should call it a day."

"I'm almost done here, Miss Parker!"

Miss Parker shortened her distance with Sydney, turning to speak to him.

"You got all of them?"

"Yes! Broots found copies of birth certificates and old documents buried down in the Centre's mainframe. I didn't have the time to check all of them," Sydney said putting all the papers together in a case "but I believe there's some big things in here. The secrets we searched for all this years." He concluded excitedly.

"The last one!" Broots said from the computer and shutting it down.

"Then, let's go! You sure you did everything untraceable?"

"Well, I guess so. I didn't find any trace program, but it could have been one."

"Let's just hope there wasn't." Miss Parker said, talking to herself.

They exited the building and when they reached the parking lot, Sydney gave the case with the files to Miss Parker and went to his car. Broots did the same and so did Miss Parker.

While driving to her home, many thoughts crossed Miss Parker's mind. Especially about what she was going to do with her life after leaving The Centre. Leaving was all she wanted to do, but now that the moment arrived she didn't know what to do. She decided she would think about it later. All she wanted to do now was to take a long hot shower and get into bed.

Once she got in her house, she placed the case on the table, picked a pill for her migraine that had been bothering her since she left her office and went to the bathroom.

When Miss Parker is done, she puts on a nightgown and a robe and hears noises in her living room. She grabs her gun and heads to where the noises are coming from. Gun drawn, she gets closer to the room, but sees no one, although her papers are spread in the table. She is afraid, but she won't admit it, so she goes to the kitchen. But then, when she's getting in, someone gets out, making her scream.

"Hey, it's just me!"

"What do you mean it's just you? What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for you to arrive. To talk. You know... About the files..." Jarod explained.

"I see you found them."

"You didn't want me to disturb you in your shower, did you?"

Changing subjects quickly, Miss Parker returned to her living room and picked one of the chairs to sit in. Jarod joined her eating a sandwich he made while in the kitchen.

"You found what you wanted?"

"Yeah, Broots did a great job. There's some pretty hot stuff in here."

"Have you already found any file about you?"

"Not about me. But I found Kyle's and Angelo's." Jarod said reorganizing the papers he had in hand and picking another one "Oh, and your brother's."

"Lyle?"

"No, the baby, Andrew."

"What does it say? I always had a feeling that my father would want to use him."

Jarod kept reading the file, absorbed by it. He couldn't believe what he was reading! How could they? While he read, Miss Parker was getting impatient and started asking what did it say to him, but he couldn't asnwer her. It was like he was spelled or something. He should know better than that after all the things The Centre had made to him. But his had to be the worse of all. And it didn't have only to do with him. It envolved someone he cared about very much.

"Damn it, Jarod! Answer me!"



-----------------------------------------------

I know it's hard to leave you here (it's a major cliffhanger, I know), but I couldn't tell you more now!



Feed-me back or I'll starve, and if I starve I can't write anymore and you won't have an ending to the story!!!