Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

Note: This is a sequel to "Old Flame"

To Want Someone
By: Southern Belle


Parker sat at her desk going through pictures of Jarod and another woman. The longer she stared at them, the madder she got. She hadn't seen Jarod since he rescued her from Bruce. She had talked to him but it all about his new love interest, which made her stomach turn at the thought of another woman having him.

She picked up another picture when she noticed something she hadn't seen before.

"I know that location." She said to herself. She tapped her fingertips on the glass top of the desk before rising to her feet. She stormed out.

******

"Men, I want you look at this picture very close." The man passed it around to his crew. "Do you see this woman? I want her. I want her alive." The man paced around the them.

"She's beautiful." Another one replied.

"No....touching! She's mine."

"Where are we going to see her?" A big, strong guy in the back asked.

"Do you see that building over there?" He pointed to a building across the water.

"Yeah."

"She should be arriving there soon. I want you to get into your gear and wait for her."

"Okay, boss." They suited up in black and jumped into a small water craft and motored toward land.

******

Parker walked into the building with her gun in hand. She walked around every corner carefully. She was hoping to find something on Jarod.

"He's not here!" She yelled as she kicked a box.

Two men slipped in on one side of the building while two more came from the front. One guy hit a china barrel and it fell over. Parker turned quickly.

"Whose there?" She stepped closer.

The man moved.

Parker raised her gun. "Whose there?"

Another guy came up from behind her and hit her on the back of the head. She fell to the ground. He picked her up and carried her off over his shoulder.

******

When Parker came too she was laying on a bed. She grabbed her head as she tried to sit up.

"Lay still." A male voice came from the corner of the room.

"Where am I?" She asked looking around the unfamiliar room.

"It's okay. You are safe." The man got up and walked to the door. "Boss, she's awake." He walked out and Jarod walked in.

"Jarod?"

"Parker...."

"What kind of sick....?"

"Parker, calm down. It's not what you think."

"Then what is it?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to you. What are you doing, keeping me as a hostage?"

"No, you are free to leave at anytime."

"Good." She rose to her feet and headed toward the door.

"But I must tell you, you are in the middle of the ocean."

She turned around, glared at him. Then she walked to the small window and looked out. He was right, all she could see was water.

"What do you want, boy genius?"

"I want to talk to you."

"You keeping saying that. What is it?"

"I don't know how to say it."

"You brought me to the middle of the ocean and you don't know how to say it?"

"No."

"Great!" Parker sat on the edge of the bed, holding her aching head.

Jarod came closer to her. "Let me take a look at your head."

"I don't need your help." She stood quickly and lost her balance.

Jarod grabbed her arm. "Parker, let me look at you."

"I said I don't need you help."

"Fine." Jarod let go of her and she fell to the bed. He faced the door. Then turned around and threw a white envelope at her. "Maybe this will explain everything." He exited.

******

Broots came running into Sydney's office. "Syd, have you seen Miss Parker?"

"No, not in a while. Why?"

"She is not in her office and I tried to call her cell phone. There's no answer."

"Maybe she doesn't want to talk. You know how Parker is."

"I know but Syd, I found these on her desk."

"Pictures of Jarod?" Sydney walked around his office. "He mailed them to us a while back."

"I know. Don't you find this strange."

"No, you know Parker. She will come around when she is ready."

"But, Syd..."

"But nothing, Broots. Parker is fine. Don't worry." He placed his hand on the tech's shoulder.

"Okay." He walked off mumbling. "I think I know where she is."

******

A few minutes later, Parker entered a big room to find Jarod sitting on the couch. He saw her enter but didn't look up at her.

"Jarod, can we talk now?"

"Maybe."

"I read the letter."

He stared up at her.

"Can we go somewhere....private?" She gazed around the room full of men.

"Sure." He lead her down the hall and into a room. "How's this?"

"Fine." She sat down on the bed and waited for him to join her.

"Talk." Jarod stood there not moving a muscle.

"Why didn't you tell me you felt this way?"

"I tried but..."

"But what?"

"I wasn't sure how you would take it?" He joined her on the bed.

Silence filled the room.

"How do you feel?" He finally asked, hoping to hear what he wanted.

"I...I..."

"You must have felt the same or you wouldn't have come to the empty building."

"I was..."

"Jealous?"

"No!....well maybe. Why didn't you just call and ask me to come?"

"Would you have came?"

"Well...maybe."

"No. Or you would have brought a sweeper team."

"Why did you send the pictures?"

"So you would get jealous and come down here so we could talk."

"Then, let's talk."

"You go first."

"Me?"

"Yeah, you already know how I feel. I want to know how you feel?"

"Damn it, Jarod." Parker rose. "Why did you leave me?" She kept her back to him. She knew if she faced him he would know how she really felt.

"Leave you?" He walked over to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I didn't leave you."

"Yes, you did."

He swung her around. "When?"

"Four years ago."

He wiped the tears from her cheek. "I didn't leave you. I left the Centre. I couldn't live like that anymore."

"I know but why didn't you take me with you?" Her voice lowered.

He pulled her into his chest and held her tight. "I'm sorry. I just thought you were mad at me."

"Mad at you?" She pulled away.

"You didn't talk to me and when you did it was to call me names."

"I had to, Jarod, if I would have treated you the way I wanted I would have never seen you again. My father would have seen to that."

"Forget your father."

"Speaking of fathers, I should call Sydney. He might be worried."

"You can call him later. I think we should talk some more." He took her hand and lead her to the bed.

"Jarod, I can't stay."

"Why? You want to go back to the Centre?"

"No. I don't have any clothes."

Jarod went to the closet and opened it up.

"Jarod!"

"Well, I didn't want any excuses."

"So, you were going to hold me hostage?"

"No. You are still free to leave at anytime. I just hope you are a good swimmer."

"I could take your life boat."

"Let me just say, that I was hoping you wouldn't want to go back." He sat down next to her again and took her hand. He leaned in for a kiss.

Parker pushed him back. "Wait just a minute."

"What?"

"One thing at a time."

She stood. "Tell me about this woman in the photos."

"What about her?"

"Who is she?"

"Nobody."

"Nobody? That's not going to cut it."

"She was a friend I helped out a while back."

"She didn't look like a friend." Parker turned sharply.

"I made those pictures. I haven't seen her in a while. I wanted to get you to come to me and it worked."

"What if it hadn't?"

"I would have walked into the Centre and dragged you out."

Parker laughed at that thought.

"Well, maybe I would have waited until you went home one night."

"That's more like the Jarod I know."

They continued talking way into the early morning hours.

******

The next morning, Broots entered Sydney's office.

"Have you seen Miss Parker?"

"Come to think of it, no. I haven't seen or heard from her since yesterday morning."

"I told you, Syd."

"Okay, Broots. What have you found?"

"Look at this picture."

"What? I don't see anything."

"Look closer. Do you notice anything different?"

"No."

"Look at the that building."

"I know where that building is."

"So, do I. I think she may have went there to find Jarod and someone got her."

"Broots!"

"Can we at least check it out?"

"If it will make you feel better."

"It will."

"Get the car ready."

"It's waiting on us."

"Come on."

The two men left.

******

Jarod laid next to Parker, staring. She was so beautiful. He wanted her so bad. He watched every move she made while sleeping. He reached over to touch her when there was a knock at the door. Parker's eyes open wide.

"Boss."

"Not now!" Jarod yelled.

"But...boss...this is important."

Jarod kissed Parker's hand and grinned as he rose from the bed to opened the door. "What is it?"

"They found the phone."

"Oh." He turned to Parker. "I have to go. Hope to see you in a few." He disappeared out the door.

"The phone?" Parker thought. She hurried up and followed Jarod.

She found him seating at a bar stool holding a pair of binoculars.

"What's going on, Jarod?"

"Shh..listen." He grabbed his cell phone and dialed a number.

******

Broots and Sydney walked around the old building.

"Listen. A phone." Broots picked it up. "Hello?"

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Broots?"

"Jarod?"

Sydney's eyes widen at the sound of Jarod's name.

"Yes, Mr. Broots. It is."

"Where is Miss Parker? What have you done with her?"

"Relax. She is safe. I want you to do something for me." He looked over at her and smiled. She took the binoculars from him and looked toward the building. She could see Broots and Sydney standing there.

"Me? I could get into trouble."

"Trouble will be the least of your problems."

"Problems?" Broots began to sweat with worry.

"Yes. Now are you going to do this or not?"

"What is?"

"I want you to go home and get your daughter and Angelo and bring them back to this building say tomorrow morning."

"Why? What does my daughter have to do with this?"

"Nothing. Just do it, Mr. Broots!"

"All...alright."

"Now, let me talk to Sydney."

Broots handed the old man the phone and paced while they talked.

"Okay, Jarod. See you then." Sydney hung up the phone.

"What did he say?"

"Nothing." Sydney took off leaving the techie behind.

Parker watched them leave. Then turned to Jarod. "What's your plan?"

"Plan? I don't have a plan." He smiled back.

"Okay, then what are you up to?"

"You'll see tomorrow." Jarod wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer. She pulled away and stormed off.

"Come on, Parker." Jarod pursued.

******

Jarod sat at the bar talking to Joe.

"Pour another one, Joe." Jarod held out his empty shot glass.

"What ever you say boss?" He poured more whiskey in the glass.

"Joe, did I ever tell you about women?"

"No, I don't think you did." He poured more in the glass.

"Well, this one woman in particular, is beautiful. I love her Joe."

"Have you told her?"

"Yes. I have. I am beginning to think I was better off not telling her."

"Why? What happen boss?"

Jarod slid his empty glass to Joe again. He filled it up. Jarod drank down another shot and continued. "I think she feels the same but every time I try to talk to her, we fight."

Jarod held his empty glass again. He stared down at it and held it up to Joe.

"I think you have had enough, boss."

"Come on, one more."

Joe poured it again.

"You see this girl...this girl..." His words began to slur as his memory forgot what he was saying.

Parker entered the room. Joe looked up and saw her. "Boss. I think you have had enough."

"One more." He hit his hand on the bar.

"I have to agree with Joe." Parker sat down next to him.

"Wh-what do...do you want? To fight... to fight some more." Jarod's words were really getting bad now.

"No, I came to check on you but it looks like you are going to need some help to bed."

"I'm not going bed." Jarod stood up. Then fell right back down.

"Yes you are, mister." Parker put one hand around him and helped him up.

"Do you need some help, ma'am?"

"No, I think I can get it."

She opened his bedroom door and helped him to the bed. He fell back and began laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"You."

"Me."

"Yeah, you have two heads, two bodies..." He kept on babbling.

"Come on, let's get your shoes off." Parker untied his shoes and pulled them off.

"Why is the room spinning?"

"Because you are DRUNK!"

"I'm going to be sick." He vomitted all over his clothes. Parker ran to the bathroom and got a cold rag to clean him up. Jarod laughed as she pulled off his shirt. By this time, she was getting a little ticked at him. "Shut up!" she yelled.

He looked up at her and laughed again.

"Jarod!" She turned to walk away.

"Park...Parker wait." He reached for her and fell on the floor. He scooted on his butt and grabbed her ankle.

"I'll quit laughing. I promise."

Parker helped him back to the bed and began removing his jeans. Jarod clutched her butt and pulled her down to him.

"Jarod!"

"What I thought you were getting fresh with me?"

"Think again!"

He rolled over on her, pinning her to the bed. He kissed her neck.

"Jarod, stop it!"

"What?"

"Get off of me!"

He had her shirt half way unbuttoned and continued kissing down her breast.

"Ja..Jarod." This time she wasn't so forceful. Her train of thought was gone. She forgot what she was yelling at him for. She wanted him too but not really like this.

His hand wandered down her thigh. It didn't take him long to get her pants unbuttoned and his fingers down into her panties.

Parker had chills running up her spine. She relaxed under him as he continued to kiss her.

******

The next morning, Jarod woke to his head hanging off the bed. He felt a warm body underneath him. He raised his head to find everything still spinning. He quickly laid it back down. He moaned, "My aching head."

"It serves you right."

Jarod looked up. "Parker?!"

"Yeah, who else do you think it would be?"

He sat up slowly, staring at her. "Did we...huh...what I mean...."

"Yes, Jarod we did."

"We did." His head fell in his hand. "This isn't how I planned this?"

"Plan what?"

"The first time we...you know....make love."

"How did you plan this?"

"Well, first off, I was going to be sober."

Parker sat up next to him. "Jarod, we could make love again. That is if you think you are sober now."

He grinned. "I'm sober." He pushed her back down on the bed. Pulled the covers over their head.

"Oh...Jarod!"

Knock, knock

"Go away!" Jarod yelled without moving.

"Boss."

"Bill, I said go away!"

"Okay, but they're at the building."

Parker and Jarod looked at each other. They hurried up and got dressed and out the door they went.

******

Broots faced Sydney, "Well, here we are. No sign of Jarod or Miss Parker anywhere."

Angelo ran around the abandon building searching for clues. "Angelo, free." He kept repeating as he ran from one spot to another.

"Daddy, what are we doing here?"

"I don't know. I guess we will find out soon."

******

"Men, get ready. You know what to do." Jarod ordered them as they dressed in black and headed out in rafts.

Once they landed by the docks, Jarod snatched the phone that was laying on the table and began dialing.

"Hello?" Broots answered.

"I see you made it, Mr. Broots."

"Where is Miss Parker?"

"I told you she was safe." He glanced over at her and blew a kiss. Parker smiled and stood behind him with her arms draped over his shoulders.

"Now what do you want us to do?"

"You will see."

Angelo ran outside to the docks and jumped into a empty raft that Jarod's men had left there. "Angelo is free! Angelo is free!" He kept yelling.

"Angelo get back here!" Debbie shouted. She took off after him.

"Debbie!" Broots screamed. He threw the phone to Sydney and took off after both of them. he stopped when we reached the dock. "Debbie, get up here."

"Daddy it is okay."

A man jumped up behind them from the water. "Mr. Broots?"

Broots shaking in his shoes. "Yeah."

"Come with us."

"Us?" He turned around and saw more men.

"Where are we going?"

"You will see. Don't be afraid."

"Get in the raft."

"But...Sydney."

"Don't worry about him. He is coming."

Broots turned to see him walking up behind him. The old man placed his hand on the Broots' shoulder. "We have to go."

"Go? Where?"

"Out there." Sydney pointed to the yacht.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Broots. We will be safe. Now let's get going before a sweeper team shows up."

Broots hopped into the raft and helped Sydney in.

They left the dock and headed from the yacht. Jarod put down the binoculars and turned to Parker. "They're coming!"

She kissed his lips. "Good, then we can get back to what we were doing before we got interrupted this morning." She grinned with one eye brow raised.

"I love it when you are mischievous."

"Me?" She kissed him again.

They headed out to meet to them. The raft stopped beside the ship and Jarod helped everyone off.

"Angelo, free!" He smiled.

"Yes, Angelo you are." Parker hugged his neck along with everyone else.

"Let's go in where it is cooler." Jarod showed them in.

"So, this is where you have been hiding?" Broots questioned Parker.

"You could say that." She sat down in Jarod's lap.

Sydney and Broots looked at each other. "They are getting along well. Wouldn't you say, Syd?"

"It looks that way." He whispered back. "I have a question, Jarod."

"What is that?" He pulled his eyes off of Parker long enough to answer Syd. Debbie took a seat next to Parker. They began talking like they were mother and daughter.

"You said that Lyle was going to clean house at the Centre. Do you think he will go after our families?"

"That's why I had you bring Angelo and Debbie."

"What about my family?"

"We are picking Nicholas and Michelle up at the next port."

"What happens if Lyle gets there first?"

"He won't. I have him busy on a goose chase for you."

"Don't worry, Syd. I have everything under control."

******

A couple of days later, the yacht pulled up to another dock. Nicholas and Michelle entered aboard just like Jarod had promised. They set a sail again.

"Where should we go?" Jarod asked.

"I don't care as long as I am with you." Parker wrapped her arms around Jarod.

"Free!" Angelo cried out.

"Okay, then we play it by ear."

Sydney held Michelle tight as they stared out over the sunset.



The End!