Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: "The Pretender" and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.



The Centre
Miss Parker
By: 24



The Centre has been in my life ever since I was born. My mother had worked as head of security and my "father" is the chairman. I just found out that my father is not Mr. Parker, but Mr. Raines. I had found out a lot of stuff on that Island with Jarod and Angel's help. I found out that my great grandfather was the founder of the Centre after he murdered his family. It's in my blood.

Jarod was one of the kids that was kidnapped and kept in isolation. One of the special kids that were taken because he's a pretender, a genius who can become anyone he wants to be. He had once been my friend when we were chldren and then when I went away to boarding school, I had no further contact with him. I am in charge of the hunt in bringing their wayward pretender back, their most prized lab rat. I found out that there were more pretenders and that two had escaped. Eddie and Jarod had made it out of the Centre while Alex was still held here. Why didn't they want Eddie back? Why only Jarod? Jarod had asked me why they wanted him back so much. He told me Alex said it wasn't because he's a pretender, so maybe it was because of the scrolls. While in front of the fireplace at Ocee's house I told him that he has always been there for me. We almost kissed until Ocee interrupted us. I wasn't sure if I was glad or saddened by the intrusion. While in the car with my "father" looking on Jarod grabbed my hands. I looked at his cuffed wrists and pulled my hands away and looked in his eyes. I could see the hurt look in his eyes when I did that. I knew that I had hurt him, but I had to.

When we got back from the Island and I went back inside the Centre Sydney and Broots were there. Broots asked me how I was and I was touched that he would ask that. I scare him on a daily basis and he still cares for me. Sydney was the father that I wished I had. He's kind to me even when I'm in a bad mood with him. I can tell he cares for me too just like he cares for Jarod. Mr. Raines came in and told us that Jarod must be returned to the Centre and the first one to bring him back lives.

I turn to the window and look out wondering where Jarod is. Suddenly the door is thrown open and Broots barges in.

"I've found Jarod."

"Get the jet ready." I say as I walk out of the room with Broots in tow.

It was time to see if we can capture the genius. I walk purposely to Sydney's office to tell him that we had found his lab rat.


The End