Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: "The Pretender" and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.


The Centre
Broots
By: 24


The Centre is where I work. My daughter doesn't know what I do for a living and I hope that she never will. She doesn't know that everyday I try to track down a pretender, a genius who can become anyone he wants to be, a human chameleon, to capture him and return him back to the Centre. A place that kidnapped him as a child, cloned him and kept him in isolation treating him like a prisoner.

Jarod has helped me so much and yet I still try to take away his freedom. He's helped me gain custody of Debbie and he's helped me when I was on the run from Damon and the Centre. I could see the anguish on his face when he killed Damon. How could he have so much compassion after what was done to him? I found out that he likes pop tarts just like Debbie does because he was never allowed to have them as a child. I know that he understands that I have to keep on tracking him because it's my job. After all he is a genius.

How could I work for a corporation that kidnaps children only because they are geniuses? I'm glad that my child is an ordinary child. I could not handle it if my child was kidnapped. How did his parents live through that tragedy? They not only lost one son to the Centre, but two. They must have been devastated. I wonder if he will ever find them? I hope he does. I saw his anguish when Kyle was shot and killed. My goodness he not only found out that his brother was still alive, but then Mr. Lyle had to go and kill him. He had found one part of his family only to lose him again. He deserves to have a happy life even though my job is to capture him.

I wonder what happened on the Island. Miss Parker never told me. The only thing that she told me is that Jarod escaped from them again and something about scrolls. I heard Mr. Raines say that they still wanted Jarod returned to the Centre and the first one to capture him lives.

I turn back to the computer to see if there are any leads on where Jarod might be. Suddenly there is a beep from the computer with a lead on him. I print it out and hurry to Miss Parker's office to tell her that I got a lead on Jarod. She turns from the window and walks out of the room heading for Sydney's office.



The End.