Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


The Birthday Series.
Broots
By:24


Broots came home from a full day of work trying to find the Centre’s elusive pretender Jarod. Jarod was his hero at least that’s what he thought of him. He helped him get custody of his daughter and helped with Damon. He helped people when no one else helped and was all around a good guy. It wasn’t his fault that he was taken from his parents when he was younger, he was locked up like a prisoner and was made to do simulations that hurt and killed people. He may be a genius, but he had no idea what was happening to his work. He walked to the kitchen and found a package with a card attached. Inside was a card with a father and a daughter on the front and it said Happy Birthday. Inside was Jarod’s handwriting. Hope you have a Happy Birthday Broots. Enjoy the time with your daughter. Love, J. The next thing that he did was open the package and looked at the picture that was framed in it. It was a picture of Debbie and him in the park laughing, playing and smiling. He wondered when Jarod had done this beautiful picture. The phone rang and Broots propped it up on the vase in the middle of the table.

“This is Broots.”

“Happy Birthday Broots.”

“Thank you Jarod. Also, thanks for the picture. You captured me and Debbie perfectly.”

“You’re welcome Broots. I’m glad that you liked it. I was in Blue Cove one day and decided to take a walk. I sometimes bring a sketch book and pencils to a park just in case I want to draw, so when I saw both of you I knew I had to draw you two.”

“It sure is beautiful.”

“I’m glad that you liked it.”

“I’ve got to go now. Hope you have a Happy Birthday with your daughter.”

“Goodbye Jarod. Thanks for the call.”

“You’re Welcome. Goodbye Broots.”

Broots hung up the phone and the door opened his daughter coming into the kitchen with her backpack on.

“Happy Birthday Daddy.”

“Thank you sweetheart.” He said as he took the card and the present from his daughter.

“Who did this picture Daddy?”

“A friend.”

“It’s very good. Whoever did it is a good artist.”

“He is isn’t he? I’m going to hang it in the hall where all the other pictures are.”

“Good idea.”

“Thank you for the present baby.”

“You’re Welcome Daddy.”

The card was put next to the other card that Jarod had given him. He picked up the picture, hammer and nail to the hallway and hung up the picture. He then took the book that Debbie gave him and took it to his room.

“Debbie go change.”

“Okay.”

Broots locked the door and walked to the car that was parked in the driveway because they were going to a birthday dinner. Broots backed out of the driveway and drove to the restaurant where they had reservations.

The End.