Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Thinking
Sydney
By:24


He walked through the door of his house, closes and locks it and puts his things on the table. He switches on the TV not really watching it as he thinks about his protégé. He remembered when he had first escaped and he saw his pretender dressed in a fireman’s suit. He had asked him for any information on his parents now that he knew that they weren’t dead. He also said that he wouldn’t be his science experiment anymore. He never thought of him as a science experiment. Okay, when he had first laid eyes on the young boy he thought that Jarod could help save the world with his genius like mind. He was just the observer making notes as he went along, but he did have feelings for him. He viewed Jarod as his son more so than Nicolas, but he could never tell Jarod that. He remembered the look of pain when he threw away the Father’s Day card that Jarod had given him. It was hard not viewing him as a son as time went on and yes he did love him even if Jarod never knew. He loved him as a son and he was so proud of his son. The good things that he did out in the world when he was so tormented. He was in essence a proud father.

He also viewed Miss Parker as a daughter. There were so many times that her father would disappoint her or tell her to play somewhere else. She would come and find him and talk, or talk with Jarod. They were both his children and wondered where the friendship that they had when they were children went. She had changed a lot over the years. With every passing truth that was uncovered it changed her. He knew that Miss Parker had to put up a mask for the Centre, so that they wouldn’t know what she thought. He knew that she had feelings for his pretender and she chose not to act on them. He watched when she found out that Jarod asked about women. She was angry with Jarod for some reason. They’ve played the game of cat and mouse so easily. For Jarod it was a matter of justice and freedom. He wanted to make the world a better place because what the Centre had put him through and because how his Sims was used. For Miss Parker it was also about freedom from the Centre. If she caught Jarod than Jarod would lose, If Jarod continued to not be caught then Miss Parker would lose. There would be no winner here.

Broots was afraid of Miss Parker, but he was also in love with her. He had remembered when Broots had came to him to talk to him about this. He was in love with his boss and she turned him down. Poor Broots. Oh, well. Can’t have everything.

He turned off the light and made his way to the kitchen to get himself something to eat.

The End