Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Missing
Going Back
By: 24


Jarod was shoved into the jet’s seat and strapped in. His wrists were cuffed in back of him. It wasn’t really comfortable, but he could live with it. Sam sat down besides him just to make sure he didn’t try anything.

“Who are you?”

“Sam.”

“What do you do at the Centre Sam?”

“I’m a sweeper.”

“You sweep floors?”

Sam glared at Jarod taking in his curious expression. He knew that he was serious and didn’t know what he was asking.

“No. Miss Parker is my boss. I go after you and do various jobs for her.”

“Oh.”

Jarod turned towards the window and wondered if he could get out of here. It sounded like the Centre was kind of like the Institute and he didn’t want to get exploited again.

When the plane landed they grabbed him and took him to the car that was waiting for them. When they got closer he looked up at the massive building.

“It sure is a big building.”

“Yes, it is.”

They walked into the lobby and to the Chairman’s office. Walking in Mr. Parker got up from behind his desk and walked towards them.

“Angel, you caught Jarod. Very good.”

“We found out that the Institute had him for two months. They gave him a drug that wiped out his memories of the Centre.”

“Really. That’s news to me. Take him to his cell.”

They dragged him to his cell and shoved him inside, took off the handcuffs and left him alone. A face appeared in the vents and Jarod looked up wondering who this person was.

“Jarod lost. Will come back soon.”

“Who are you?”

“Angelo.”

“Hello Angelo.”

The face disappeared and Jarod was once again left alone. A minute later sweepers entered the room and took him to the sim lab. Sydney walked in as they walked out.

“We have a problem for you Jarod.”

“I’m not working for you.”

“Jarod.” Sydney slapped the folder down onto the table and watched as Jarod flinched.

Jarod watched as the folder came crashing down onto the table and saw Sydney’s expression. He flinched as he watched him. When Jarod was at the Institute whenever he disobeyed or didn’t want to do a sim they would punish him.

“Jarod what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Jarod said not meeting Sydney’s eyes.

Something was wrong as Jarod didn’t want to meet his eyes. Why did he flinch like that? Did they hurt him? He hoped that Jarod would talk to him.