Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Missing
Freedom
By: 24


Cleveland, Ohio

Jarod walked down the busy street looking in all the windows. There was so much to see and do here and he couldn’t decide what to do next. His stomach growled making sure he knew that it was hungry. He walked into a store that sold Pizza. He closed his eyes as all the smells assaulted his senses. When he opened him he walked up to the counter and looked at the pizzas that were already out.

“Can I help you?”

“Yes. Which one is the best?”

“The one with the works.”

“The works?” Jarod asked curiously.

“Yes, it has everything on it.”

“I’ll try that then.”

“Do you want anything to drink?”

“What do you suggest?”

“There are all different kinds of sodas. There’s Pepsi, Sprite, Dr.Pepper and Root beer.”

“I think I’ll try Pepsi.”

The blonde haired girl who took his order turned to fill the cup with Pepsi and get a plate to put the pizza on. He took his food and drink to the table, sat down and started to eat. He quickly gobbled it down. It was very good he thought to himself. He never got this kind of food inside the Institute and he wondered why.

After throwing the trash away he walked back outside and window-shopped again. He found a place where he wanted to go into and he opened the door to go into the shop. He looked around the toyshop that he had just stepped into. He picked things up and put them down walking down the isles. Stopping in the candy section he picked some up and then added a slinky and other toys. He had money that he had liberated from the Institute before he had left. Paying for his things he quickly walked back to his motel room.