Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Missing
The Centre
By: 24


The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware.

Sydney sat in his chair and looked at Jarod’s pursuit photo. Jarod hadn’t called him or Miss Parker for the last two months and it was unlike Jarod to do so. He was afraid that he was hurt or something had happened to him.

Miss Parker walked into Sydney’s office not even bothering to knock. She watched as Sydney looked at Jarod’s pursuit photo. She knew that he was afraid something might have happened to him. She would never admit it to anyone, but she was worried too. It was unlike Jarod to call her in the middle of the night to talk to her about her past or his and if she admitted it she missed those calls.

“Sydney. We may have a hit where Jarod was last seen.”

Sydney put the photo down and reached for his jacket putting it on he walked with Miss Parker. He was wondering what they would find if anything.

When they boarded the plane they were each in their own thoughts in what they would find at Jarod’s latest lair.

The black town car screeched to a stop in front of the apartment complex that Jarod had been living in. They walked up to the manager who they had already called before they arrived here.

He unlocked the room and ushered them into Jarod’s room. They looked around and found a rumpled bed and a lamp had toppled to the floor. It looked like there had been a struggle and there had been a losing battle. Sydney found a cap to a syringe and held it up for Miss Parker to see. He pocketed it and picked up the red notebook that Jarod had left behind. There were two clippings glued into the book, but that was all. It was like Jarod didn’t even get the chance to finish his pretend.

“Did you see anyone come to this room?”

“No, but a few months ago there were a group of men who appeared. They were all tall and dressed in white suits. I wasn’t there when they left, but I did see them come in.”

“Thank you.”

They gathered the rest of his things and quickly made their way back to the Centre.

TBC.