Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer : The Pretender and all character associated with it belongs to NBC and 20th Century Fox. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Whatever It Takes
Part II

Trisha


2/?

The post office in town, was located in one corner of a general store in a tiny weathered-tiled building at the top of a stunted hill which led down to a small boat harbor. The coast was tourist country, and a lot of the locals had adopted a kind of staged country bumpkin persona in order to fulfill expectations.

"I'm looking for this man," Miss Parker asked holding out a picture of Jarod.

The person was a lean, black-haired woman in her early thirties, wearing a grey-ribbed tank top, and black and grey shorts that tied at her waist.

"In town here," she answered coolly. As the woman answered, she gave Parker the once over. The look wasn't out of jealousy exactly, it was more the look one gave to a rare exotic animal that shows up unexpectedly. Miss Parker had that effect on people.

"Where in town?" Parker quieried.

"Out the Bennett Road," was the reply.

"Does he have an address?" Miss Parker asked calmly.

"Here," was the woman's flip response. She was seated on one of four stools permanantly anchored to the floor in front of a faux marble-top soda fountain, her tan legs dangling, as one black sandaled foot showing taupe painted toenails carelessly twirled the seat of the stool next to her. There were pez dispensers on the counter along with refills and rednote books as well. God he must feel right at home in this two bit town.

"Does he have a house number?" Parker questioned agitation starting to show on her lovely features.

"No."

"If I went out the Bennett Road how would I reconize it?

"Blue."

"Just blue!" Miss Parker growled.

"Color of you eyes best sums it up."

"Oh!" Parker replied slowly, taken aback at the remark.

"That help." the woman replies with a gleam in her dark eyes.

"Might. Can I get there from here?"

"Right out front" Turn right."

"You been working on this act for a long time." Miss Parker asks in a condesending tone. The woman almost smiled for a moment, but fought it off and stayed in character.

"Yep," she answered.

"I'd say thanks, but. . . " Parker retorted as she headed for the screen door.

"Don't bother, Miss Parker, he said you were unflappable and I enjoyed the sparring match,' the woman finally breaks character and smirks.

Parker glances over her shoulder clearly impressed for most people crack due to her cool demeanor, before leaving the building.

"We'll meet again, soon," the woman whispered.



Please leave some feedback at: Ractrish@aol.com