Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
pretender1.jpg

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Sacrifice

Truth

By: 24

They left Jarod in the living room to watch T.V. they went back to their own room and went back to sleep. The next day Thomas woke up before Miss Parker and got up. He walked past Jarod’s room and saw that the door was open, so he peeked in to see if he had went back to bed. There was noone there, but he saw the silver Halliburton case and walked towards it. He picked it up and put it on the table opened it and sat down. He switched it on and slipped the small disk into the slot. He watched a man say this one’s been with us for 48 hours and he’s already demonstrating more talent than any of our others. Then he said hi Jarod my name is Sydney and I’ll be taking care of you. The he heard a young Jarod ask why where are my mom and dad. He saw another disk that had a young Jarod sitting in a bubble. Then one where he was older and they shot Kenny after they got the disk. Another one showed him shoved into the tube and killed him. Then there was another one when he was in the cell when Lyle had Jarod electro shocked. He also saw the disk that they subjected Jarod to that drug. He saw some more disks of what Jarod had been through inside the Centre.

“What are you doing Thomas?”

“I wanted to see what he went through inside the Centre. My goodness they abused him. Why would they do this and where was his mom and dad?”

“He was stolen from his parents and brought to the Centre to become a pretender. That is why they took him and his brother Kyle.”

“They took his brother too?”

“They took my brother and I didn’t know that he was my brother until a year after I escaped.” Jarod stood there leaning against the doorframe. “What are you doing in here?”

“I’m sorry Jarod. I went by your room and didn’t see you in there. I saw the silver briefcase and wanted to see what it was after I slipped the first disk in I watched all of them. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to see them. You didn’t know that Kyle was your brother? How is that?”

“I don’t know how much Miss Parker has told about me. I was isolated when they brought me to the Centre. The only contact I had was with Sydney who is my mentor and then Miss Parker when I was older. The only thing that they fed me was wheat grass mixed with tomatoes. That is what I had for breakfast, lunch and dinner. When I escaped I found so many discoveries like ice cream, Twinkies, toys and so much more. You see I was like a kid. Inside the Centre I was never allowed to be a child. They thought of me as a possession and not as a human being. I also didn’t know about Christmas and Halloween. I never got to play or have toys either. I was older when I met Kyle we both did a sim together. A simulation is where they give you a problem to solve like how to build a better bridge, or how to make a home stronger. I accidentally spilt acid on Kyle’s hand in one of the Sims because they said it was water, but it wasn’t. They never told us that we were brothers. They took Kyle and I thought that he was taken out of the Centre, but he wasn’t he was taken somewhere else. A year after I escaped I met a woman who helped hide my mom, dad and the sister that I never knew that I had until then who’s name is Emily. She told me that Kyle was my brother after I pulled a gun on him and he pulled a gun on me. He was taken back to the Centre, but I went back and rescued him. He was killed in the explosion of the van and I almost met my mom and Emily, but the sweepers came and I had to leave them. It would be later that I found out that he didn’t die in the explosion. Mr. Lyle whose Miss Parker’s twin killed him. I met my father and we rescued my clone. While I was inside the Centre I did a cloning project. Little did I know that they would clone me. Also, inside the Centre I found that they were using my Sims to hurt and kill people so I escaped.”

“My goodness Jarod. All you went through inside the Centre and you turned out to be a nice caring man. I hope you find your parents and sister.”

“Thank you, but I wouldn’t have been the person I am today without Sydney.”

“He’s the one that kept you prisoner.”

“I don’t blame him. He’s a Centre’s prisoner just like I was. He protected me the best that he could. His twin brother died because he tried to save the children. I don’t blame Miss Parker either because she too is a Centre prisoner.”