Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
pretendercast.jpg

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Sacrifice

Escape

By: 24

Jarod laid huddled on the cell floor wondering if he would ever get out of the Centre again. He had no idea how long he’d been inside because time moved slowly inside here. He had refused to do Sims each day and he had been punished because of it. He heard the click of the lock and stood up when they came in.

“Are you going to do Sims today Jarod?” Asked Lyle

“No.”

“Sam, Alex you know what to do.” He nodded to the two sweepers. Lyle walked out of the cell and let the two sweepers take care of Jarod. After the sweepers were done they left. Jarod laid on the floor for a few minutes and then got up to go to the door. He opened it and walked out. Sam and Alex forgot to slam the door closed and it didn’t latch all the way. He looked both ways and then took off.

Jarod got onto a bus station after someone had picked him up while running from the Centre. The nice woman and man had given him money after they saw his bruised face.

He looked at the schedule because he had no idea where to go and then decided. He paid for the ticket and then got on the bus. He had gotten his money and DSA case from the storage locker before he had gotten on the bus.

Dallas, Texas

A long while later the bus pulled in front of a grocery store and Jarod got out. He looked around and he didn’t see someone watching him. He wondered where he would go.

Miss Parker and Thomas put the groceries that they had gotten from the grocery store and was ready to get in when Miss Parker looked around. She watched the bus pull up and a man walked out of the bus. She gasped causing Tommy to look what she was looking at.

“Tommy, its Jarod.”

“Why don’t you call him Parker?"

They walked up to him as he was walking away from them.

“Jarod.”

He looked to see who had called his name and looked into the faces of the two people who he had helped. Miss Parker and Tommy gasped as they saw his face.

“Miss Parker, Tommy. What are you doing here?”

“I should be asking you that. What are you doing here?”

“I escaped the Centre and someone helped me by driving me away again. This time they took me to the bus station and I brought a ticket. I didn’t know where I was going. I just picked it.”

“Come home with us Jarod.”

“I should be going. I can’t endanger both your freedom just because I accidentally found you.”

“Please Jarod. You need to heal and you can do that at our house.”

“Please after what you gave up for us we can help you.”

He nodded and walked with Miss Parker and Tommy. He watched the scenery go by as they drove to house. Lost in his own thoughts he didn’t know that they had stopped.

“Jarod.”

Jarod blinked back to the present and looked into Miss Parker’s eyes.

“We stopped at our house.”

“Sorry.”

He stepped out of the car and looked around. He took a deep breath, let it out and looked around. He then looked at the house that they were stopped in front of. It was a white two-story house that had green trim and it also had a white picket fence.

“It’s a beautiful house Miss Parker.”

“Remember its Mia and Tyler Ryan.”

“Sorry how can I forget that when I was the one that made up the identities.”

“You’re forgiven Jarod.”