Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Insider Jarod By: 24


Jarod tensed as they neared the Centre. The building loomed in front of them as they stopped the car in front of it. They all got out and dragged Jarod through the doors. They quickly put him in the elevator and rode down to the deepest level. They threw him into the same cell as he was in the last time he was here. Lyle walked in as they closed the cell door.

“Well, well, well. Look who the cat dragged in. Is in not the labrat. Our very own runaway pretender.”

“Lyle, what are you doing here?”

“Just wanted to see our runaway. Very good sis. Daddy will be so proud of you.”

Jarod glared at Lyle as he walked up to the cell and looked at him.

“This is the same cell you were in the last time Jarod. Wasn’t it?”

“Answer me labrat.”

“Yes, it is the same one as you kept me in Lyle. Is that what you wanted?”

Lyle smiled at the caged man. “Maybe we can use the jumper cables again. Would you like that Jarod?”

Jarod glared at Lyle. “What kind of question is that Lyle?

“Just answer it boy wonder.” Lyle sneared at him.

“No.”

Lyle took one last look at him and walked away. Jarod looked back at Miss Parker, but she didn’t meet his eyes. He then looked at Sydney who smiled at him. Jarod smiled back at his mentor.

“Why do they want me back? They know I won’t do sims for them anymore. I won’t let my work be used like that anymore.”

“I know Jarod.”

“Sydney, we have to go now. Daddy will be expecting us.”

“Goodbye Jarod.”

“Goodbye Sydney.” He hoped that he would see Sydney again.

He found the other sweeper staring curiously at him, but didn’t think anything of it. They all walked out and left him alone. He glanced at the covering, but it was still welded shut. He then glanced at the camera who’s unblinking eye stared at him. He hated those cameras. They recorded everything and he just wanted to get away from them.

Jarod paced the cell until he heard the door open again. It was the sweeper who had given him a look of curiousity. He was carrying his dinner to him.

“Who are you?”

“My name is Henry.”

“Look the camera is only off for a couple of minutes. We need to talk. Who are you? Why do they want you back?”

Jarod glanced up to the camera and found that the red light was off and then glanced back at Henry.

“Why do you want to know?”

“Because I’m undercover.”