Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Insider
Outside. By: 24


Jarod sat beside Henry as they drove away from the Centre. He rolled down the window and breathed in fresh air. He smiled as the moon caressed his face.

“I bet you’re glad that you’re out of there.”

“I didn’t put any money on it.” He looked at Henry curiously. Wondering why Henry would think that he put money on him being out of the Centre.

Henry looked at Jarod as he was driving wondering if Jarod was serious as he said that then went back watching the road.

“It means that you are glad to be out of the Centre.”

“Oh. Yes, I am glad to be out of there.”

Henry shook his head and drove to his house. When he unlocked the door the phone rang. He picked it up and found it was the Centre calling him to tell him that Jarod had escaped. He told Jarod to make himself at home and that he could watch T.V., eat, drink or use the computer. He showed him the extra bedroom, so if he was tired he could sleep there.

Later that night he found Jarod sitting on the couch watching T.V. He looked up as Henry walked in and sat on one of the chairs.

“I have to go back on Monday. They think that you might have a head start since they have no idea when you escaped. We can get your DSA’s tomorrow. I’m going to bed right now. Goodnight.”

Jarod sat in front of the T.V. for a few more minutes and then went to the extra bedroom and he too fell asleep. Jarod was woken up by Henry because of the nightmare that he had.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. I know how to deal with them.”

Henry left Jarod alone. Jarod walked to the window and looked out.

The next morning Jarod and Henry left to find the DSA’s that Jarod had hidden. He saw all the DSA’s and then phoned his boss. He had all the evidence that they needed and it was time to bring the Centre down.

Not only the papers that Henry had gotten out would be evidence towards the Centre, so will the DSA’s. They ranged from when he first got to the Centre, to when they stopped his heart, when they shot Kenny and before he escaped.