Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Insider
Telling the truth By: 24


Jarod looked at him and then decided that he was telling the truth. He looked back at the camera and found that it was still off and then back to Henry.

“The Centre stold me when I was a child because I showed a gene that they wanted. It’s called the pretender gene. I am a pretender, a genius who can become anyone that I wanted to be. They used my gift to run simulations. I would be given a situation and would tell them how to build a better bridge, how to rescue someone, how to make an airplane safe and other stuff. They would then sell this to the highest bidder. It would be years later that I would find out that they were using my sims to hurt and kill people, so I escaped. I’ve been on the run for six years now. I still don’t know why they want me back. They know that I won’t do sims anymore.”

“Were there other pretenders?”

“There was a little boy named Kyle who I thought left, but he was taken to a deeper level by Mr. Raines. It would be a year after I escaped that I found out that the little boy who I did sims with and who I accidentally spilt acid on was my brother. That was also the year that we found out that we have a younger sister. My brother was shot by Mr. Lyle because he was aiming at me and Kyle got in front of me to take the bullet. There were two other pretenders who escaped with me. One named Alex who slipped and fell. Then there was Eddie. We thought that Alex had died, but he didn’t. He killed Eddie and then Alex fell into the water and they never found his body. I don’t know if he’s dead or not. Then there’s Miss Parker. She has the pretender gene. We used to be friends when we were children, but then she went to boarding school and that was the last time I saw her. I also have a clone. I rescued him and sent him to live with my dad. When I was inside the Centre I did a cloning simulation and it was years after I escaped that I came face to face with my younger self.”

“Do you have any proof of any of this?”

“I have my DSA’s that they haven’t yet found.”

“Where are they?”

“You get me out of here and I’ll let you watch them.”

“Deal.”

“Here’s your meal. I have to go now because the camera will be back on.”

Jarod nodded as the door was unlocked and his tray was sat down. When the door closed he walked over to the tray and picked it up. Might as well eat. He thought to himself. He forced the green glob down that he was fed while inside the Centre for many years.

He hoped that Henry would get him out and then he would be free if they could bring down the Centre. Henry had shown him his badge when he announced himself to him.