Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

When reading episode reviews of the third season I noticed that Miss Parker's bloodthirst, the 'thing' that made her such a wonderful transitional character (i.e. her ability to go from bad guy to good to bad again in a heartbeat) was being toned down. I have nothing against Catherine Parker, but I see no reason to change a perfectly strong female lead like Miss Parker into the angelic Catherine. In my humble opinion Catherine Parker died before Miss Parker could spot her mother's flaws and had in the process chosen a role model that not only existed, but was impossible to equal.
Things are going to get pretty hairy folks, so all of you who have weak stomachs or are to young to stay up and watch 'Highlander' scat !!

Zanna

zannamjs@yahoo.com


Conspiracy
part 10
by Zanna






'The most disturbing thing of this whole experience ' Midea thought 'is the way that he is edging her on.'

Indeed, Jarod was having a good ( if not better ) time than Miss Parker. Halfway into the confession, Midea had gotten a second wind of bravado and only after Miss Parker had shot his other knee and one thigh, had Jonathan started to talk again. Every time Miss Parker shot him or insulted him or even threatened him, Jarod had moved closer to Parker until he was right behind her. Sensing his presence, she had leaned back into him and ground her hips against his. Jonathan saw how Jarod's pupils dilated and how the blood vanished from his face.

It was amazing to Midea how two people who had so much unresolved issues and anger inside of them, could only release their demons with the extreme pain of another. Midea had no doubt that after his death, the two would act on their animalistic impulses and finally relieve themselves of the exquisite tension between them. He saw their attention wane and decided that it was time to throw the grenade.



"I never knew you were a Blue File too Jarod. From Miss Parker's nature it's easy to see that she is one, but you had hid your ability very well until now."

"What ?!" Jarod tore his gaze from Miss Parker's oh so inviting neck to look at Midea.

"You should be please to know there exists only four Blue Files in the world still alive. Well, only one pure Blue File, but the rest are all mixtures of the Revelations and NuGenesis projects."

"Explain." Miss Parker hissed when Jarod returned his lips to the nape of her neck.

"Senator Whitehead is the only pure Blue File left. He is in fact the one that Daddy hired to kill you. The other three are, as I said earlier, part Blue File, part Red. It's you Miss Parker, Jarod and ..."

"Steven." Jarod finished for him.

"How did you know ?"

"Just logical deductions. You are the only mentor who knew about the Blue Files and Steven was placed under your care."

" You know Midea, with all this knowledge that you've been spouting, you never did tell us what the Blue Files were for."

"As I said before, the candidates for the Blue Files are all natural predators who have the ability to restrain themselves. Which neatly explains why you never brought Jarod in Miss Parker. You knew that when you had brought him in that you would no longer receive any information about the hidden projects of the Centre. It was never about information about your mother's death, hell, even as a child you knew that it was your father that had shot her."

Miss Parker hit him across the jaw with her gun. Midea spat out some blood and glared at her.

"Is the truth too uncomfortable Miss Parker ? Your weakness isn't your mother, but it's you failure to live up to your self-made image of her. Your mother was an adulterous bitch who was married to your father only in name. Do you know ho she persuaded Jacob to help her with the children ? She slept with him Miss Parker, they had an affair that had lasted nearly five years. Before that, she had Ben to and that had lasted till her death. Your father didn't kill her about the children, he killed her because he couldn't take the shame of being with a woman who had only used him to gain a position of power and wealth."

Midea spit in her face.

"Either you pull that trigger or let Jarod do it, but I am not leaving this room alive."

"Damn straight you aren't !"

Miss Parker held the gun against Midea's forehead and squeezed the trigger, gore flew across the room as Jonathan Midea's head exploded. While the deafening silence flowed over them, Jarod reached for Miss Parker and was answered by a long, hard kiss. Instinct took over and the very thought of taking things slow, of savoring the pleasure, was banished into the furthest corners of their minds

They never made it home that night.



***

Jarod's house

4:45 a.m.



"I'm in !!" came the triumphant yell from Steven. Broots scurried over to peer over Steven shoulder. It had taken Steven slightly less that 36 hours, but he had successfully hacked into the Centre mainframe.

"You are logging on as Mr. Lyle ?"

"Call it a fulfillment of a rather twisted fantasy."

"I won't even ask. Now, the virus was last detected at this terminal here." Broots pointed to an icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.

"When was this ?"

"About two days ago."

"That means that the virus should be ..." Steven bit down on his lip, doing the calculations " ...at this one here."

"Mr. Parker's ?"

"It was designed to look as if the head of the facility was the one who activated the virus. Of course, only I knew that, but it should make some
interesting waves in office politics."

Debbie placed a cup of coffee in front of Steven.

"So what are you waiting for, deactivate it !"

"Debbie, Steven hasn't slept in two days. Give him a break, huh ?"

"Actually, I've gone without sleep for nearly a week for a SIM, so this is nothing Mr. Broots. But believe me, lots of coffee and a steady stream of pizza and I'll be fine."



***

The Centre

Dawn



Mr. Lyle stormed into Mr. Parker's office.

"We have a problem ."

"And ... ?"

"There is a hacker in the system and he's using MY password !"

"Well get Mr. Broots, he can easily get rid of that scum."



***

Jarod's House



Broots' cellular phone chirped angrily under the pile of laundry in his room. On the fifteenth ring Broots finally located it and wondered who had the patience to let a phone ring for so much time.

"Broots."

"Mr. Broots, I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

Oh shit, Lyle.

"No, no you didn't. What is the problem ?"

"It seems that the Centre has attracted the attention of a hacker. I want you to get over here and flush that rat out."

"Yes Mr. Lyle. Um ... I'l be there as ..."

Broots heard the dial tone and angrily threw down the phone.

"I hate it when they do that !"

Broots scurried over towards the hall where his jacket and car keys lay.

"Steven, you had better do what you do a bit more discreetly. The Centre is on to you.

"What do you mean ?"

"It means that I just got a call informing me that there is an evil hacker in the mainframe and that I have to kick him out."

"Poor you."



***

The Centre

Simlab 12



"I suppose we'll have to clean up this mess soon." Miss Parker took a long drag from her cigarette.

If anyone had walked in five minutes earlier, they wouldn't have believed that it was the same Miss Parker and Jarod. Not a hair out of place and as composed as ever, Miss Parker tried to suppress the shudder of pleasure that Jarod's hands evoked. Neither had slept much during the night and were both pleasantly stiff from the previous night's activities.

"Why should we ? That's what the janitorial staff is for, isn't it ?"

"You want them to clean up the body of a mentor that we shot point blank in the head ?"

"It was self defense. Poor man, he just came in here and started waving his gun around and we had no choice than to shoot back."

Footsteps echoed in the hallway.

"Looks like that will have to be our story. Someone is coming."

"Angel, are you in here ?"

"Daddy."

"Oh my god, what happened here ?"

Jarod stepped forward and lightly covered the body with Midea's coat.

"It was self defense sir, he had tried to kill us."

"Have you called someone to clean up this mess ? " Parker asked his daughter, completely ignoring Jarod.

"We were about to."

"Good, good." Mr. Parker moved towards the door.

"Daddy ?"

"Yes, Angel ?"

"Why are you here ?" Miss Parker moved towards him.

"There has been a security breach and I er... was looking for Broots."


Alarms started blaring