Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Destiny

By: Gemini-M

Chapter 5

"One's destiny is not determined by luck but by his own choice." Anon

Disclaimer: See Chapter 1

Author's Note: Thanks to ICD, suspensewriter, slayer-p, Crazyrussiangal, Brandy, and zeilfanaat. for your wonderful reviews. Hope you all like the rest of my story. A million thanks to Jaccione for all her help and encouragement.



Mr. Raines' Office
7:00pm

"I've told you already, she is gone and that idiot, Broots is gone too." Lyle explained while pacing in front of Raines' desk.

"THEY CAN'T JUST DISAPPEAR INTO THIN AIR." Raines stopped and took another noisy drag from his oxygen tank. "FIND THEM!"

"I had three teams of sweepers searching all the sub-levels. They are gone along with their shrink, Sydney." Lyle stood firm. He refused to show weakness or fear in front of his father, but the perspiration on his brow betrayed him.

Raines stood from his chair and stared at Lyle coldly, "Lyle, you will find them and bring them back." Raines took another sickly breath before continuing, "Lyle, too much is at stake here. They could jeopardize our plans. Furthermore, we need Broots to find this breach and the type of information that was leaked out."

"I'll send a sweeper team to Miss Parker's and Sydney's home. We'll find them and then I will personally deal with them." Lyle spoke with malice in his voice.

"They are not to be harm...yet. We still need them as bait to capture Jarod." Raines walked around his desk and stood in front of Lyle and whispered, "My main concern now is the boy."

"But, my dear sister and Jarod have no knowledge of the boy." Lyle grinned.

"At the moment we don't know that." Raines walked back to his desk and growled, "We will move the boy to a safe location tonight. This time nobody is going to interfere with my project. This Pretender is mine."

Lyle smiled at his father and said, "What are we going to do with Jarod and the others once they are captured?"

"Mr. Broots and Sydney are simply obstacles. They will be dealt with immediately, and I will personally take care of Sydney." Raines said with an evil smile.

"What about Miss Parker and Jarod?" Lyle asked with curiosity.

"Your sister might still be useful to us for a while, but since we have the boy now Jarod is no longer needed." Raines stopped and took another drag from his oxygen. "Since Jarod has been corrupted by the outside world and Sydney, he no longer will be useful as a pretender, and we cannot take the risk of him finding out about the boy. Besides, we already have enough genetic material from him. He will be terminated upon capture."

Lyle smiled at his father conspiratorially. "Well Dad, since you are going to take care of Sydney yourself, could I have the pleasure of taking care of the Lab rat personally?"

Raines looked at his son and gave him a fiendish grin, "I don't care what you do to Jarod as long as he is dead within 24 hours of his capture."

The two men looked at each other and broke-out with a sinister laughter, sending an eerie echo down the desolate halls of the Tower.



Deserted road on the perimeter of The Centre
7:30 p.m.

Miss Parker brought Broots' car to a sudden stop, making the other occupants screech with panic.

"My God Parker what are you trying to do kill us all?" Ethan scolded his sister.

"Not now Ethan" She glared at her brother on the passenger seat and then jumped out of the vehicle.

"Miss P...Parker, ah...a how are we going to get into The Centre without detection?" A trembling voice came from behind her.

"Don't worry Scooby, Jarod told me about a secret passage." She looked at the nervous techie and smiled. "We have the advantage this time. We know Jarod's escape route and they don't."

Broots shook his head and said with hesitation, "But that doesn't make it any less dangerous."

Miss Parker looked back at his assistant and devoted friend and said. "Look Broots, I know this is dangerous, but I have no other choice. That's my child in there and I'll be damned if I just stood by and do nothing to get him out." Miss Parker held his eyes for a moment and then said softly, "Broots, I'm sorry for asking you to do this, but you are the only person I can trust right now. I hope you understand."

"It's OK Miss Parker, I'm more than happy to help you. You know you can always count on me." Broots smiled sheepishly, although inside he was quivering with fear.

Miss Parker reached and squeezed her friend's arm, "Thanks Broots"

"Ethan, you stay here with the car. If we are not out by 8:30p.m, leave."

"What?" Ethan exclaimed with anger, "Parker I'm supposed to protect you and the baby, and you're asking me to stay out here as a lookout!"

"Ethan, I don't have time to argue now. Broots and I won't call attention if we are seen inside, but you are still a wanted man to The Centre. Please understand. I'll be careful."

"I don't like this Parker. The voices are telling me that something very bad is going to happen. Please don't do this. Please wait for Jarod." Ethan begged.

"I'm sorry little brother, I have to do this." Parker hugged her brother and then ran, followed closely by her friend, toward the shadows that surrounded the hideous structure.


Sydney's home
7:30 p.m.

Sydney was in the kitchen preparing some tea to calm his nerves. He was going mad with worry and he felt so old and useless. Miss Parker's revelations about her son and pregnancy kept flashing in his mind. Why didn't I stop her from leaving? I am such a fool. My God, what am I going to tell Jarod when he arrives? Jarod is going to go after her and I will not be able to stop him. Sydney closed his eyes and prayed for strength to help his children before he would go insane. At that moment there was a knock on the front door. Sydney put his cup of tea on the counter and raced to the front door. Still cautious about unwelcome visitors, he silently looked through the peek-hole.

"Thank God" Sydney exclaimed as he opened the door and pulled a shocked pretender into a warm hug.

When Sydney released the young man, Jarod just looked at his mentor with shock and said almost inaudibly, "Hello Sydney"

"Please come in my son" Sydney quickly guided Jarod into the house and closed the door behind them. Sydney immediately noticed that Jarod was in trouble. He looked distraught and clearly showed signs of extreme fatigue. Jarod was very pale, unshaven and had deep dark circles under his eyes. Sydney's heart broke. He had never seen so much sorrow in the young men's eyes.

Jarod avoided Sydney's eyes and started to survey his surroundings without saying a word.

"Jarod, I was so worried. What took you so long to get here?" Sydney asked trying to get his protégé to interact with him. "Jarod are you alright?"

"There was an accident on the road" Jarod just answered dryly and kept walking toward the kitchen.

Sydney followed Jarod closely and placed a hand on his shoulder. When Jarod stopped, Sydney said with deep sadness in his voice, "Jarod, I heard about your mother. I'm so sorry.

Jarod turned around and just nodded at his mentor, but did not meet his eyes. After looking out the kitchen window nervously, he exited the kitchen once again and headed back to the family room followed closely by Sydney.

"Jarod you look exhausted. You should rest a while. Jarod, would you like something to eat?" Sydney asked, trying to get some reaction from him. He could see that Jarod was in total denial. He was trying to block the pain and exhaustion by ignoring his basic needs and pushing himself to the limit of his physical strength until he would collapse. Sydney had seen Jarod use this form of mental escape in the past and it had nearly destroyed him.

"Where is Parker?" Jarod asked, ignoring Sydney's questions.

Sydney just stopped in the middle of the room and went speechless while his mind was bombarded by all these thoughts, What was he going to tell Jarod? How was he going to make him stay and wait for the others to return? Miss Parker had no idea what she had asked of him. He no longer had control over Jarod's will.

At the lack of response from his mentor, Jarod turned around and met Sydney's eyes for the first time. "SYDNEY WHERE IS PARKER? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN TO HER?" Jarod demanded with fear in his voice.

"Jarod please sit down, there is something you need to know." Sydney tried to speak as calmly as possible, but these words caused the pretender to lose the little control he had left.

"SYDNEY, WHAT'S GOING ON? WHERE IS PARKER?" Jarod was in a total panic. Jarod ran his hands anxiously through his hair as he began to pace the room angrily. He stopped and addressed Sydney with a desperate tone, "DID SHE GET OUT OF THE CENTRE?"

"Jarod you need to calm down." Sydney exclaimed with concern.

Sydney's apprehension told Jarod that something was very wrong and his mind started to spin with a hundred dark scenarios and questions. What if Parker was trapped at The Centre? Would he be able to rescue her? He should have been here with her before putting the plan into motion. What if she met the same fate as her mother? He would never forgive himself if anything happened to her. No, this was not happening. He could not loose her now.

"SYDNEY, DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME AGAIN. WHERE IS SHE?" Jarod threatened as his eyes bore-down on his mentor.

Sydney watched him nervously. He could see that Jarod was losing control. Sydney moved forward grabbed Jarod by his arms and sat him down on the couch. He looked directly into his eyes and said very firmly, "JAROD, CONTROL YOURSELF AND LISTEN TO ME CAREFULLY. PARKER IS FINE." Sydney took a deep breath and continued," She went back to The Centre with Broots and Ethan to rescue your son."

At the sound of Sydney's words, Jarod's body went limp. "WHAT?"

Before Jarod was able to react, Sydney walked over to the coffee table and grabbed the documents that revealed the truth about Baby Parker. He handed the papers to Jarod and said, "Read this, it will explain everything."

After reading the documents, Jarod sat stunned. He had immediately recognized the Red file numbers. The revelation tore at his heart like a knife. This was more than he could handle now. The Centre had stolen their son since birth and probably had started to test him as they had done to him. The nightmare was repeating itself. They were creating another pretender. He didn't want to think about the rage that was probably burning inside of Parker. He could feel the anger welling up in him, but he had to remain calm to help his son. Jarod blinked back the tears that had formed in his eyes and said almost inaudibly, "Sydney, did you know about the existence of our son?"

"OH GOD NO!" Sydney exclaimed in shock. "We just learned about his parentage a few hours ago. Angelo brought us this box with the documents inside. Mr. Parker had them hidden on SL-22. PLEASE JAROD, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME."

Jarod finally looked at Sydney and smiled slightly with tears in his eyes. "Parker and I have a son."

"Yes Jarod, you have a son." Sydney sat next to Jarod and placed his arm over his shoulder. "Jarod, I'm sorry we didn't learn about the boy earlier."

"How did Parker react to the discovery our son?" Jarod asked trying to control his emotions.

Sydney stood from the couch and began to pace, "She was shocked, sad, confused and furious." He said angrily. "I have never seen her like that."

"Sydney did you try to stop her?" Jarod asked softly.

"Have you ever tried to stop Miss Parker when she sets her mind on something and when she is enraged?" Sydney stated.

"No, I don't think that would be wise and in this case suicidal." Jarod stated.

"She is very strong Jarod, but this betrayal was the last straw. My God Jarod, she delivered her own child." Sydney paused for a moment shaking his head in disbelief. "I never thought that Mr. Parker would be capable of doing this to his own daughter. Well, to the child he raised as his daughter."

"Sydney, by now I thought you knew that The Centre is capable of anything when it comes to power and control." Jarod stated with hatred in his voice. "But this time they have gone too far and they are going to pay." Jarod felt the fury building inside of him like a raging fire. He had to do something now. He looked at Sydney with determination and said, "I'm going back to The Centre to help Parker rescue our son."

Jarod sprang from the couch and headed for the door, but Sydney grabbed the young man by the arm and said, "NO JAROD, YOU CANNOT GO BACK TO THE CENTRE." Sydney said firmly. "Miss Parker told me not to let you go. You must wait here for her."

"SYDNEY YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOOT ME TO KEEP ME FROM GOING." Jarod told him coldly.

"Jarod, we must wait here please. Maybe they are on their way back with the boy." Sydney pleaded.

"SYDNEY, I CAN'T JUST SIT HERE AND WAIT. WHAT IF THEY ARE CAPTURED? I CAN'T LET PARKER DO THIS ALONE." Jarod argued back.

"Jarod, she is not alone. She has Broots and Ethan with her, plus Angelo is there as well." Sydney insisted.

"SYDNEY, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MY SON AND YOU BETTER NOT TRY TO STOP ME." Jarod was adamant.

"FINE, SINCE I CANNOT FORCE YOU TO STAY. I WILL GO WITH YOU." Sydney stared at Jarod hard and unyielding. "AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS!"

Jarod just looked at Sydney and smiled. "No, I still value my life."

"Jarod do you have a weapon?" Sydney asked seriously.

"Yes, I have one of Parker's guns."

"Wait, I need to get my gun." Sydney said as he headed for his den.

Sydney was unaware that Jarod had followed him into the den. He had left the metal box that contained his gun and other items open on top of the desk while he was searching for ammunition. Jarod approached the desk and froze when he saw the items inside the box. He reached into the box carefully and removed with great care the Father's Day card he had made for Sydney a lifetime ago. He opened the card in his hand and then stared questionably at Sydney.

Sydney finished loading his gun and placed it in his pocket. He looked at Jarod and sighted, "Jarod, we will talk about this later. I know I owe you an explanation."

Jarod simply nodded his agreement, placed the card back in the box and said, "Lets go before Parker brings down The Centre herself."

Once outside the house, Sydney looked at Jarod and said, "Jarod lets take my car. They will be less suspicious of my car if they detect us."

"Alright Sydney, wait let me get something from my car." Saying that, Jarod ran to his car and started going through this briefcase. When he returned to Sydney's car, he was wearing one of his fake FBI ID. "This might come in handy, Lets go."

Sydney just looked at Jarod and smiled.

Once on the road back to The Centre, Sydney looked at Jarod on the passenger seat and said nervously, "Jarod, there is something else you need to know."

"What's wrong Sydney?" He said with concern.

"Is about Miss Parker." He paused for a moment. "She is carrying your child"

Jarod stared at Sydney speechless. The revelation both shocked and pleased Jarod. Then a smile started to form in his lips. "A baby?"

Sydney looked at Jarod very serious and asked, "So when did you two decide to start a family?"

"Well, we didn't. Ah...I guess you can say this was ah... an accident." Jarod tried to explain with some embarrassment.

Sydney just laughed and said, "I'm happy for you Jarod. You're going to be a great father." Then he looked at Jarod with a conspiratorial smile and said, "I hope you are planning to do the right thing."

"What?" Jarod asked confused.

"You know, marry the mother of your children."

"Sydney, we are married already." Jarod said with a smile.

"WHAT?" Now it was Sydney's turn to be shocked. "When did this happen? Why didn't you tell me?" Sydney demanded.

"Two months ago. We went to a little chapel here in Delaware and exchanged our vows. It was very nice." Jarod stated very casually.

Now Sydney was starting to get upset, "And when were you planning to tell me about this event?"

Jarod just smiled.

"I don't think this is funny Jarod." Sydney gave Jarod a hurt look and then directed his attention back on the road ahead. "I thought, I had the right to know what was happening in your life." Sydney sighted. "Jarod, you and Miss Parker are very important to me. You are my... family."

Jarod looked at Sydney surprised and then said softly, "I'm sorry Sydney. We didn't mean to upset you. We were planning to tell you a few weeks ago, but...." Jarod looked down at his hands. "So much has happened in the last few days. First, we were making all the preparations to complete Catherine's plan and then my mother's...death. We just decided to wait until we were all safe."

Sydney looked at his protégé and smiled, "Don't worry Jarod, I understand. I know that both of you have been through a lot. The important thing is that you and Parker are finally together and happy."

"Yes we are" Jarod replied. "I still can't believe it sometimes. We are finally together, and now we have a son and another child on the way." Jarod looked at Sydney with tears in his eyes. "I wish my mom was here to meet her grandchildren."

"I know Jarod, but she'll always be with you." Sydney paused for a moment. "Jarod, I'm very happy for you and Parker. No one deserves this happiness more than the two of you."

"Thanks Sydney." Jarod smiled back and then said very serious, "Sydney, we are going to need your help. We don't know anything about babies."

Sydney just stared at Jarod and started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Jarod asked confused.

Almost unable to speak from the laughter he took a deep breath and said, "I can't wait to see Miss Parker changing diapers." Jarod looked at his mentor and joined in the laughter. For a few minutes, they became father and son and put behind all the pain and fears of an uncertain future. They deserved this short period of peace and true friendship.


Inside The Centre on SL-20
8:00p.m.

Carefully following Jarod's instruction, they had quickly found the secret entrance to the ventilation system through an abandon maintenance shed. Now, Miss Parker and Broots had been crawling through these dark infernal tunnels for the past half hour with Angelo's help. They were exhausted, filthy and anxious to reach their destination.

"Miss Parker I hope we don't get lost down here. I'm beginning to feel claustrophobic." Broots said nervously. "OH MY GOD! I hope there are no rats down here. I hate rats."

"Broots would you just shut up and keep moving!" Parker said with annoyance.

"Miss Parker are we almost there? I can't feel my knees anymore." Broots complained, while rubbing his sore knees.

Ignoring Broots' whining, Miss Parker stopped for a moment and pulled on Angelo's leg to get his attention, "Angelo how much further?"

"Almost there. Boy is waiting." Angelo answered with certainty.

"Angelo, does he know we're coming?" Miss Parker asked surprised.

"Boy very smart and special." Angelo smiled back. "We must go now." Angelo turned away from Miss Parker and continued crawling until he reached a vent opening about twenty feet ahead. He turned around to face Miss Parker and said, "Look, Boy here."

Miss Parker hurried ahead of Broots and looked through the opening with anticipation and fear. The room before her was a small cell, like the one Jarod had as a child. It had a small bed, a desk and chair and a sink and toilet in the corner. She growled at the thought of her son locked up in that cell. She quickly surveyed the small room looking for her child, but he was gone.

"Angelo where is he?" She asked with panic.

"Angelo doesn't know." He looked at Miss Parker with sadness, but then his eyes lit up. "Nursery; Come, Angelo knows."

The little man swiftly moved ahead of Miss Parker and Broots. His smaller frame and years of experience crawling through these darken labyrinth made him a human mole. Finally after numerous turns and descends they reached the Nursery. Miss Parker quickly looked through the vent opening and this time she not only saw her son, but she felt his presence. The small boy with dark hair immediately turned around on his chair and looked up at the vent. He knew they were there. Miss Parker's hand flew to her mouth to stop her surprised cry and for a moment, she was frozen. When she realized that her son was waiting for them, she looked at Angelo with tears trailing down her face and said, "Angelo lets go get my son."

Angelo smiled back at Miss Parker and carefully removed the vent cover and placed it on the ground.

"Angelo wait, what about the surveillance cameras?" Parker whispered

"Angelo fix cameras." Angelo said with a boyish grin.

"Angelo, you're a genius." She smiled back at him.

Miss Parker exited the confined space and approached her son slowly. The Nursery was empty except for the little boy sitting at the table. She was like in a trance and she could feel a force pulling her toward the child.

Miss Parker kneeled in front of her son and looked at him carefully for the first time. Her son had very fair skin like hers, but Jarod's dark hair and deep brown eyes, plus the unmistakable tear shape mole under the right eye. She still could not believe her eyes. This little boy was her son. She smiled at him and asked very softly, "What's your name?"

The little boy smiled timidly and said, "My name is Adam"

"Are you going to take me home?" He asked with curiosity.

"Yes baby, I'm taking you home." Parker said with a tearful smile.

"Are you my mommy?" He looked at her with anticipation.

"Miss Parker could no longer stop the tears from flowing. Her heart was pounding inside her chest as if it was going to burst. She looked at her son in the eyes and said, "Yes baby, I'm your mommy." Parker smiled and opened her arms to welcome her son. She wanted to hug him so bad, but at the same time, she was terrified. Would he trust her? Could he ever love her? She was a stranger to him. The little boy hesitated for an instant and then rushed forward and wrapped his little arms around her neck.

"Mommy, I knew you would come for me."

While hugging her son, Miss Parker's thoughts went back to a time when she was safe and happy in her mother's arm. She felt so much trust and love. This little boy was her gift from God. Only two people in this world had ever made her feel that way. Not wanting to let go, she slowly pulled apart from her son's hug and looked at him closely. She smiled at him with tears trailing down her cheeks and said, "I can't believe it. You're my baby."

Adam looked at her with tenderness and reach forward to wipe the tears from his mother's cheeks, like his father had done so many times before. He looked at her and pleaded, "Please don't cry mommy."

Miss Parker smiled back and said, "These are happy tears baby."

Adam sighted and then said in a serious tone, "You know, I'm four years old. I'm not a baby any more."

Miss Parker just looked at him with surprise and started laughing with joy, "I know baby. You are quite a little man, but you will always be my baby." She gently caressed her son's dark hair and said, "I hope you don't mind me calling you that."

"It's alright mommy." He looked down at his hand and said, "Since I didn't have a mommy when I was a baby, I can pretend to be a baby all over again just for you."

Miss Parker was shocked, but saved her questions for a later time. All she wanted to do right now was to hug him again.

Broots approached mother and son and said nervously, "M...Miss Parker I...I think we should get out of here before...."The sound of alarms and flashing lights abruptly interrupted Broots rambling.

"OH MY GOD, I THINK THEY KNOW WE ARE HERE!" Broots exclaimed in a panic looking around the room for an escape route.

"No, that's not an intruder alarm." Parker grabbed Broots by the arm while listening carefully. "We have a problem. That's an evacuation alarm. The authorities are here."

"Miss Parker, what do we do now?"

"We are going to get out through the front door, like everyone else. LETS GO!" Parker quickly explained.

She turned to her son and said, "It's time to go home baby. Stay close to mommy OK?"

Adam nodded and then asked, "Are we going to wait for daddy?"

"WHAT?" Parker stopped and stared at him in shock.

"Daddy is here." Adam stated very calmly.

"What do you mean he is here?" Parker kneeled down and asked trembling, while praying that she had heard wrong.

"He's coming to take me home too." Adam answered. "Are you OK mommy?"

"Yes, yes baby I'm fine. Is just... that I...I didn't know that your father was here. Let's go, maybe we can find him on the way." Trying hard to hide the fear from her son, she picked up her little boy and walked toward the others.

"Broots here, you carry Adam." Parker handed her son to Broots and pulled her gun from its holster. "I'll cover you guys." She looked at her son and then at Broots, "Broots, if anything happens, get him out of here and find Jarod."

"Jarod?"

"Yes, he's here somewhere." Parker stated while trying to control her panic. "I guess Sydney could not hold him back." She ran her fingers nervously through her hair. "For a genius he can be pretty stupid at times."

"Love makes people do stupid things sometimes Miss Parker." Broots said with a smile.

Parker just smiled back and said, "Lets go boys, time to leave Hades for good." Miss Parker silently directed the little group out of the nursery while praying to find Jarod and a safe way out.


Deserted road on the perimeter of the Centre
8:10p.m.

Jarod and Sydney quietly approached the parked car like a pair of cats ready to leap on their prey. Jarod looked at Sydney and signal him to stay back, while he crawled to the passenger door in the darkness. In one swift move, Jarod opened the door and yanked out its terrified occupant. As he was about to deliver a blow to knock him unconscious, Ethan screamed, "JAROD WAIT!"

"ETHAN?" Jarod said surprised.

Ethan quickly got to his feet and hugged his brother. "Jarod am I glad to see you."

"Where is Parker?" Jarod asked with concern.

"She went inside with Broots to get her..." Ethan stopped and looked at Jarod with apprehension.

"Our son." Jarod finished for him. "I know everything Ethan."

"Jarod we should wait here until...." The sound of alarms and flashing lights approaching from all directions interrupted the brother's words. "OH MY GOD, JAROD WHAT'S GOING ON?"

"I think the Calvary has just arrived." Jarod said with a smile.

Sydney approached the two brothers and said, "Looks like we have company."

"Sydney, Ethan, you both stay here. I'll be right back." Jarod said nervously.

Sydney grabbed Jarod by the arm and said firmly, "ARE YOU INSANE JAROD? YOU CANNOT GO IN THERE NOW!"

"YES I CAN AND I WILL. As for the insanity status, I'll leave it up to you to analyze." Jarod glared at his mentor.

"I'm sorry Jarod. I am just concern for you and Parker. Please listen to your brother. We should wait here." Sydney pleaded.

"Sydney, I've already told you I'm not going to stand around and wait. Parker and the others might need our help."

"Then, I'm going in with you." Sydney said with determination.

"Me too." Ethan added.

"WHAT? Look, I can't keep an eye on both of you." Jarod complained.

"YOU DON'T NEED TO." Both men answer simultaneously.

Sydney was adamant. He was not going to turn away as he had done in the past. He was going to protect the man he had always seen as his child. "Jarod, you have no other choice. We are not going to let you do this alone."

"This is ridiculous." Jarod glared at both men for an instant and then sighed in defeat. "Alright, but you both will need to follow my directions closely, understood?"

Both men nodded their agreement and looked toward the hell they were about to enter.

Jarod looked toward the Centre in its state of chaos and smiled, "We're going in through the front door."

"WHAT? ARE YOU MAD?" Ethan said stunned.

"Not yet, I think." Jarod smiled at Sydney, and then looked toward The Centre. "We will use the state of pandemonium to our advantage."

Sydney looked at his protégé and smiled while shaking his head in disbelief.

"Jarod, I have a bad feeling about this." Ethan stated with fear. "Something is not right Jarod, and the voices are warning me not to let you go in there."

Jarod just ignored his brother's warning and proceeded to check his gun. He looked at the two men and said, "OK boys, Show time."

Sydney and Ethan gave each other a strange look and quickly followed Jarod toward the main entrance of The Centre.

TBC