Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Chapter 4: What Plans Are Made

“Steal him?!” I burst out laughing, but I have to admit, deep down, very deep down, the incredible appeal of the notion. “How do you steal a person?” I ask her, just for curiosity’s sake.

”I know its crazy isn’t it?” I reply, thinking by now that I may have gone insane, but suddenly all these ideas start popping into my head “Well what if we...what if we devise a plot to lure him off somewhere”

“We are going to lure him off and then steal him?” I laugh incredulously, but my eyes drift to the paused frame on the huge TV. “And what, Just cuff him to my bed?” I ask Arls, scoffing at the ridiculous notion. But still I could not drag my eyes away from the TV.

”Now that’s an idea” I reply, getting into this now “Think about it Jacs...we can take him and  keep him somewhere, somewhere no one would ever think to look for him”

“Yeah....” I say, sitting up straighter now, the idea seeming less and less absurd.

”Only we gotta get him out of this country though after we steal him” I add “Have you any ideas on where we could hide out with him?”

“I don’t know about that” I say at first, then thinking some more I add “But... where I am from, we have The Dead Heart, half of Australia is desert and no one would think to ever look for him there.” I pour myself another drink. I can’t believe Arls’ and I are actually discussing this.

”And picture this...” I say taking another drink “With all that money you just won, you could totally buy some land somewhere far off out in the middle of nowhere”

“How about in the Australian Outback?” I offer up looking back at Arls, then smiling I add “Maybe we could take him to my little secret mountain hideaway”

”You never told me you had a secret mountain hideaway Jacs” I say pretending to be surprised.

“If I told you Arls” I answer back jokingly “Then it wouldn’t have been a secret now would it?”

Now I start to giggle knowing full well, that in reality she doesn’t actually have such a place. Well not yet anyway. “So you were keeping it a surprise then?”

“That I was” I reply starting to laugh as well. “But seriously Arls....” I say as I lift my bottle of scotch up to her glass in a toast “Let us toast to…shall we say, my future real estate investment”

I clink my glass with Jacs’ bottle of scotch and add “And to what dreams may come” We both take a long drink growing quiet for a moment. My mind is reeling with thoughts about what it would be like to actually pull this thing off.

“But just getting him there....” I say after a bit “Now that would be the problem”

”Well what about this idea...”  I say as I swallow down even more of my drink “Didn’t you once tell me that Weiss has not made any movies for awhile now?”  I grin back at Jacs; thoughts are running rampant inside my head as I speak. “So do you think it just might be possible that he would be interested in say...a audition for some kind of movie maybe?”

“Yes, and we could make it a nasty role. He hates the good roles now, and he loves nature and stuff.... Maybe” I pause for a moment to think then continue” Maybe we could tell him it is going to be filmed in a rain forest or something, and he is being considered for the lead role of the villain.”

”Oh and how about this...what if we can convince him that we are representing some movie production company” I say looking back at Jacs who is continuing to sip on her drink.

“Yes, but if we go that route we couldn’t act like crazy fans, I love you Jarod, None of that stuff, we would have to be professional.”

”Oh indeed, we should get total makeovers we would need the right look, the proper clothes... you know the whole nine yards” I flop back down and stare at the screen as Jacs resumes the show, It would be awesome if we could pull this off, Jacs is one of my best friends and there wasn’t anything that I wouldn’t do for her just to make her happy. “But when and where should we approach him with this?” I ponder out loud. “The timing would have to be perfect so we don’t raise his suspicions”

“I say we do it on the very last day of the convention” I reply, my alcohol-slow brain almost clanking over with all the possibilities “At the private party maybe?”

”Ohh yes... yes, that’s good, the party is scheduled to take place the evening of the last day” I agree standing up, lighting one of my menthol cigarettes and pondering even more as I start to  pace the floor a bit. “By that time everybody would be socializing and doing a bit of drinking and since it would be on the last day he wouldn’t have much time to check out our references thoroughly and since this will all take place at a party, his business manager would not be there hovering around him”

I look back at Arls who is looking quite serious now as she talks “But how could we fool him into believing that we are actually from a legit movie company?” I ask.

”Well these days everything is done over the Internet... what we would have to do is start by hacking into a movie production company website so we could get all the correct information...contact details, maybe even false identities, that sort of stuff, we would really have to research everything properly so that we come across like people who are really in the business”

“You know me, I can barely sort my emails out” I say, biting on my lip. The idea hooking into my brain and I find myself actually wondering if we could really do it. “How could we do something like that?”

”We won’t have to Jacs” I grin pausing the DVD for a moment “I have just the ferret in mind who can do something like that...my brother, the one you nicknamed Sting, he’s the best hacker I know, he knows how to get inside secure places on the ‘net, we just have to persuade him to do it, maybe I could get him to do it on a dare, a challenge or something, he loves that sort of stuff. So James Bond and shit”

“Or we could just bribe him” I add giving Arls a wink.

”Or we could do that” I laugh. “Your plan sounds much easier”

“But how do we get Weiss to board a plane to Australia willingly?” I ask her “If we already tell him that the movie will be shot in the Rain forest or somewhere like that?”

”Well we will somehow have to convince Weiss that the auditions are being held in Sydney, Australia where our company is located” I reply thinking for awhile then add “He would know that auditions are rarely ever held at the same place that they actually film the movie”
“Sounds like a plan” I tell her, then turn my attention back to the screen as the episode ends “Your choice Arls, what ep do you want to see now?”

“Well... let’s see one where Jarod gets caught” I reply with a smirk. “Maybe it will give us some inspiration”

“Oh another favorite” I say with delight as I pop in The world is changing then sit back “Jarod looks damn fine with no shirt on” I muse to myself softly as the evil Mr. Lyle hoses him down.

”He’s all yours Jacs” I grin back munching on some popcorn “At least he will be soon”

“But what about you Arls, it hardly seems fair, what are you going to do?” I ask her, nodding very seriously as I add. “You know...Jeffrey Donovan will be there too”

I perk up at the thought of Jacs’ suggestion “I wonder...do you think that maybe we can steal them both?...Damn…that would be...” I just grin at her without going into detail about how that makes me feel, she knows me well enough to read my thoughts, especially when it comes to Donovan. “Oh just to have them both, what a thought, mmm...oh yes...I think it can be done”

We spend the next few hours watching more Pretender episodes, getting drunk and tossing around a few more ideas on how to pull off the heist of the century.

By 5 AM though, my eyes are starting to get really heavy and I notice that Jacs is beginning to nod off as well  “How about we call it a night and start fresh in the morning, I just can’t stay awake any longer” I say sleepily as I hand her a couple of  pillows. “We can work on our plans some more tomorrow”.

“It’s still tomorrow here” I murmur, damn time zones had buggered me up big time. It was yesterday here when I left and tomorrow in Australia. “That’s a good idea” I yawn, jet lagged, drunk and my head now filled with ideas of kidnapping Weiss.

”Nighters Jacs, Sweet dreams” I say in a drowsy voice, my eyes closing as soon as I snuggle up with my pillows.

“Nighters” I murmur, practically falling asleep as I speak.