Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Oh Boy! Time sure does crawl when you have writer's block. The disclaimer's in the first part. Thanx goes to the usual bunch of idiots. And yes, I know that the actress who plays Miss Parker is Andrea Parker, I just couldn’t find a better name to go with that face.
Flames and comments welcome.

Zanna

zannamjs@yahoo.com


Conspiracy
part 2
by Zanna





"This is where our lives are going to get interesting. Someone in the Centre moonlighted as a double agent. My guess is that that person is
either dead or . . ."

"... someone is setting us up." Miss Parker finished the sentence for him

"Exactly. Now I've done all I could but I couldn't find any data on that person but there was nothing to go on. But I'm betting the Centre knows who it is or was. So one of my many deals with the Triumvirate was the complete and total access to all the files of the Centre. What they know, I know. Effective from midnight my laptop can access all Centre files.

"But doesn't that give them enough time to delete certain files ?"

"Oh, they won't do that. They know what I'm capable of and they definitely don't want the government to become officially aware of them ,considering that two of the three members are rather high up in the chain of command." Miss Parker laughed

"Good luck to anyone who crosses you're path. So, I've got FBI file huh ? What does it say ? That I sleep in the nude ? That I smoke herbal cigarettes ? Or that I really, really want to kill Mr Raines ?"

"Something like that. but more in line of what kind of gun you prefer and how deadly you are with it. You may not know this but you've come into contact with several agents these last couple of years. Some doubled as sweepers and others you literally bumped into. Anyway, those didn't run away screaming for their teddy's got T-shirts that say ..." Jarod deepened his voice for dramatic effect " I survived Miss Parker !"

"At least it keeps them on their toes." She muttered and searched for her cigarettes.

" No smoking in the house. Tell you what, walk with me and you'll have company while you kill yourself."

"Deal."



The beach was incredibly peaceful this time of night. The tide was out and the moon played with the waves. Jarod had convinced Miss Parker to join him in walking barefoot. The fell of sand between her toes gave her infinite pleasure. They talked about nothing and everything and by theevenings end they felt like the old friends that they were.



They were about twenty meters away from the house when Jarod asked:

"Andrea ?' The use of her first name immediately caught her attention.

"I want to ask you something. It may take me a while to get there so just stick with me okay ? In all the time that I've known you I've noticed a couple of things. Like the fact that almost never show emotion in public or that you hate being called my your first name. I thought I had it all figured out but then I realised something. Where do fit into this equation you call a life. I was your best friend then an annoyance and later your sworn enemy. Another time I was your lover and the next the person that you had sworn you life to kill. We don't have a life that can be considered as normal, hell we never even had a normal experience but we always had each other. So I've got to ask you, where do I fir into your life ?"

" I don't know Jarod. I honestly don't know."



***

Simlab 12,

The Centre

Blue Cove, Delaware.

***



"All right ! Listen up people! For the next two weeks I am going to put you through sims that are either going to make you or break you. I will use versions of certain events from you past, place you in it and see what happens. This is the only way to leave the past behind. I will also use certain situations that will cater for our clients. But first the basics."

Jarod held up a couple of files.

"These are your files." He smacked them on the table.

"Read them. By the end of the day you will know everything of your fellow teammates. We'll break for lunch at one. After that it's the shooting range."



There was a mad dash for the files. Broots grabbed Miss Parker's and Angelo got Broots'. Sydney took Angelo and Miss Parker wound up with Jarod's, which left Jarod with Sydney's.



The files weren't very flattering. It neatly outlined the subject's life but didn't explain the motives and effects of some the events in that person's life. For a long while the only sound was of paper rustling and Angelo asking Jarod about certain events. Miss Parker took out a cigarette and was just about to light it when Jarod took it and neatly snapped in half.

"Hey !"

"Healthy mind, healthy body." he taunted her. Since Jarod knew everything about everybody he had begun planning the sims.

"Broots." Broots looked up nervously.

"Wha .. what ?" he looked like a nervous wreck. He had just finished Jarod's file and was feeling a little bit queasy.

"Can you take Debbie out of school for a few days ?"

"What do you need Debbie for Jarod ?" Sydney asked before Broots could say a word.

"I'm going to need her for a couple sims."

"What's wrong with the children here ?"

"We are going to need a child that we all know and care about. Since Broots is the only one here with a child, it's a logical choice. Also, we might have to look into the possibility that someone is going to try and use her against us. We have to assume that everyone is our enemy. I just want to prepare for that eventuality."

"Why would anyone want to hurt Debbie ?" Broots looked confused.

"Because you're her father , Broots !" Sydney said softly.

"Jarod's right. I'll bet they've already got five different scenarios to get her. Besides, I know what these people are capable of. They tried to use me."

"All right! You've convinced me. It's spring break anyway. She has the next two weeks off.

"Good, bring her with you tomorrow. Miss Parker, you'll spend every second tomorrow with Debbie. You will teach her to use a gun, to look after it and when you think she's good enough after these two weeks, give her own Centre issue."



Objections came from all corners. The others let Broots go first since he was the father.

"Jarod, I don't want my baby girl involved in the Centre. I want to keep her way from all of this."

"I know Broots and I understand, but this is important. How old is Debbie ?"

"She's fifteen. What's that got to do with anything ?"

"If she's fifteen then she's probably nagging to you about self defence classes and you're worried sick every time she goes out. This is the perfect opportunity for her to learn how to defend herself and it isn't going to hurt her in any way. At least this way you know she's learning from the best."

"Don't worry Broots. When I'm done with her she can walk through Brooklyn at night and she'll come out without a hair out of place."

"That's what I'm worried about." he mumbled.



The rest of the day was spent at the shooting range where Jarod gave Miss Parker a run for her money. Angelo, however was the surprise of the day. His scores was higher that any of the sweepers that practised with them and it was difficult to tell who was more surprised: Miss Parker or the sweepers. When Mr Lyle and his cronies arrived Jarod decided to call it a day.



***

Broots' House

Blue Cove, Delaware.

***



"Dad! I don't want to go. I was going to the mall with Meaghan tomorrow."

"I don't care. A very important person wanted you there and I'm not going to argue with him. You're going and that's final !"

Debbie ran to her room and slammed the door. Loud music escaped from the cracks under the door. Broots sighed. This was a bad idea, a very bad idea



Broots woke up at his customary 6:30 and went down to make breakfast. He found Debbie, drinking her usual black, unsweetened coffee. She was dressed in marine pants that she got from a second hand shop and was wearing a top that barely covered the necessary.

"What are you wearing ?" he sputtered.

"Clothes. If I'm going, I going in clothes I feel comfortable with. It's either this or forget it."



***

Simlab 12

The Centre

Blue Cove, Delaware.

***



Jarod whistled silently. Debbie had really filled out these last couple of years. She was turning into a beautiful woman, if you could look past the scowl. Debbie had to be dragged into the simlab by Broots. Miss Parker was going to love her outfit.

"Speak of the Devil." he murmured to himself when Miss Parker appeared. She was dressed almost identically to Debbie except her shirt covered more flesh and she wore a pair of don't-mess-with-me boots.

"Miss Parker !" Debbie gave her a bear hug.

"Glad you got my message. I missed you kiddo." Miss Parker stroked Debbie's back and if Jarod didn't know any better he would have sworn she was Miss Parker's child.

"Who's the hunk ?" she whispered and giggled.



Miss Parker motioned for Jarod to come over. He walked up to them and held out his hand.

"My name is Jarod, who are you lovely ladies ?" he asked and winked at Miss Parker

Debbie shook his hand.

"My name is Debbie and this is my friend, Miss Parker."

"Miss Parker ? Don't you have a first name?"

Sydney guffawed.

"I do but I only tell it to really close friends."

"Well, I hope I can become one." he held her hand just a touch longer than he should have and then told everyone to get a seat.



"All right. Everyone, this is Debbie. Debbie, the only way that you'll be allowed to work with us is if you promise to never discuss anything that we do with anyone except the people in this room. You've already met Miss Parker and myself and of course you know Broots. The other people are Sydney ..." Sydney gave a tiny wave " ... and Angelo. Debbie, confidentiality is going to be vital for our survival. Do you think you are up to it ?"

"Sure."

"Good. Miss Parker is going to teach you the basics of self defense. You will learn how to shoot and handle a gun as well as how to react in certain situations. If you pay attention and remember what she teaches you, you just might live longer. Please remember that this is not a joke. This is for your own good. In exchange you will help me in constructing the sims and the execution of them. Miss Parker the gym has been cleared for your use. Please leave now so that we can begin."



Miss Parker and Debbie stood up, and Debbie was chattering all the way out the door.

"Nice kid Broots. All right gentlemen. Today's sim will focus on Angelo. Angelo, you are a prisoner, Sydney is your cellmate and I'll play warden. You have to get out. You can use anything around you, even Sydney. You have ten hours. When you get out, I want you to join Miss Parker in the gym. Let's get started."



***

James Buchanen High

Blue Cove, Delaware.

***


She was so beautiful. All he thought about was her. He wanted to be with her all day, everyday. He stared at the wall that was covered with pictures of her. His need, his naked hunger for her was eating him alive. He had to be with her soon.


He brushed his fingers for the last time over the thousands of pictures of Debbie Broots and mouthed a silent oath.

"If I can't have you, no one will."

His laughter echoed down the hall.