Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
What happens if Miss Parker finds out that Thomas will die if she goes with him to Oregon?

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Four months later

Jarod stood in front of the newspaper stand and wondered if he should start his pretends again. He knew he had to. He couldn’t sit in his latest lair and do nothing. Every time he did that he thought of Miss Parker and would start to cry again. He knew that he had to start helping people again. He opened the door and took a paper out and took it to a coffee house and sat down and ordered a coffee and donut and leafed though the papers to see what caught his attention.

Eight year old still missing

Eight-year-old Nathan Addison was last seen playing in front of his home and is still missing.

There was more, but he quickly folded the paper and quickly got up and left. He knew what it was like to be a lost child, and he knew he had to help this child make his way home just like he had hoped that someone had done that for him. He remembered during the night how he cried and wanted to be with his mom and dad, but they never came to him. Nobody came for him and after a while he had forgotten what they looked like.

He got out of the car and made his way to the parent’s house and knocked on the door. He showed them his FBI badge and went inside. He asked them questions and after that they showed him out. He turned to get off the porch, but he watched as a car pulled into the neighbors driveway and stopped and stared as the two people got out of the car and go inside. Was he seeing things? Did he just see Miss Parker and Thomas go inside the house next door? He walked down the stairs and then turned to the neighbors. He stood at the doorway for a minute finally making up his mind to knock on the door. Thomas was there opening the door.

“Hey, buddy how are you doing?” Greeted Thomas as he saw Jarod and he held out his hand.

Miss Parker was there looking at Jarod as she heard Thomas greet Jarod. How had he found them? She wondered.

“Thomas?” He asked and then turned to Miss Parker. “Miss Parker?” He said in a shocked voice.

“Come in Jarod before you attract attention.” She led them towards the living room. Jarod sat down and stared at the couple.

“Thomas can you please get us some coffee.” She looked at Thomas as she said this.

Thomas nodded and went into the kitchen.

“Why Miss Parker? Why pretend that you were dead. Do you know how devastated Sydney, Broots and I were when we heard that you had perished in that fire? Why do that to us?”

“Because I had to, Jarod. I had no choice.” She could see the pain that he was in as she watched his eyes.

“We all have choices, Miss Parker.”

“And I made mine.” She replied.