Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own "The Pretender".

Author's Notes: Words in italics and bold prints are Jarod and Miss Parker's thoughts.

Losing Jarod was like losing a part of herself. "A life without risk is no life at all," he had once told her. He promised to have taken care of her. "If you were mine, I wouldn't share you with anyone." She trusted him. He lied to her. They made promises to each other. It was just words and he never had any intentions of fulfilling any of it. She stood in front of her full length mirror dressed in a skin tight leather outfit and boots. Her ruby lips and fire engine red nail polish reminded her of blood. His blood. She reminisced back. Miss Parker hung on to him, blood stained on her jacket as she held his limped body close to her as she felt liquid oozed out from the back of his head.

"The hell with you, Jarod," she yelled. "You died on me!" She sobbed into her wet pillow. There were so many things that she silently cared about in life. She didn't think Jarod would be one of them.

"Parker," Jarod called out. "Hey, Miss Parker, you alright?" The pretender lightly kicked her with his shackled feet. His hands and feet were cuffed and he leaned against the headboard of the bed which they shared for the night. Instantly, she grabbed for her Smith and Wesson 9mm and pointed it at him.

"Do that again, rat boy and I'll blast your head off." Her voice trembled.

Jarod's heart froze as she held her pistol in her hand. The lights were dimmed and the air conditioner blew loudly which caused her not to think clearly.

"Bad dream, Parker? You're crying. If you would so release me of these handcuffs, I could comfort you. You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Jarod smirked.

She wiped her tears and glanced at her watch. It read three in the morning. Dream...dream. It was just a dream...a nightmare. Thank, god.

"What are your plans with me, Parker? We're here in my cabin, so shouldn't we make the most of it? Come on, take these silver bracelets and anklets off. I promise to be a good boy."

"I've finally got you where I want and I'm never letting you go," she hissed.

"Aww, promise? I never knew you felt this way about me." He taunted her.

"You're asking for it, Jarod." She waved the gun at him.

"I've been in this position for several hours now. Parker, I need to use the bathroom, if you don't mind."

"Shit!"

"Well? Are you going to help me up?" He raised his cuffed hands to her.

She cocked her head and exhaled loudly.

"Parker! Uncuff these chains, unless you plan on unzipping my pants for me and help me pee!"

She uncuffed him and aimed her weapon. "No monkey business," she snarled. "And make it fast, I'm tired and need to get some rest before the sweepers arrive."

"We've been here for hours, I don't think your friends will find us here in the mountains." He yelled from the bathroom. "And what are you doing hunting me so late at night? It's not safe to be out all alone."

Jarod walked out and Miss Parker raised her gun at him. "Sit!" She tucked her gun behind her back, grabbed for the shackles and bent down to his legs which gave him the opportunity to have pulled her gun out from the waistband of her slacks.

"Tsk,tsk,tsk, Miss Parker. My but, you're slipping. I would have handcuffed me first." He aimed her gun at her.

"You wouldn't dare. You don't have it in you."

"Try me." Jarod didn't blink, nor had he moved. "First of all, Parker. Call your guys, tell them you lost me."

"Like hell I will," she snapped.

He took her cell phone off of the night stand, flipped it open and hit number one on her speed dial, waited until he heard "daddy's" voice, then placed her phone to her ear.

"I just lost boy genius," she said with clenched teeth.

Jarod then closed it shut and threw it on the bed. "Good girl. That's my Parker. Now I'm the kidnapper and you're the kidnappee."

"What the hell are you doing?" She screamed at him as he handcuffed her to the bedpost. "Didn't know you were into S&M!"

Jarod muttered under his breath. "You wish." He threw a blanket over her and turned off the lights. "Have a restful sleep, Parker."

JMPJMJMJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJ

Miss Parker tapped the bedpost with her handcuffs. Turned on his side, Jarod faced her peacefully asleep. A little louder, she taped again. He growled softly, moved and sprawled his body. Dressed in his usual black attire, tight jeans and tee-shirt which was untucked and pushed above his waist, she got a clear view of his toned abs. She took a deep breath and watched him helplessly. He moistened his lips. For a split second, she visualized herself as she swiftly brushed her mouth on his for a quick kiss.

Catch me if you can, Jarod. Parker looked at her cuffed self. I guess you did.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by his awakening. His dark chocolate eyes opened slowly. He smiled.

"What plans do you have for me, rat boy?"

"A very good morning to you too, Miss Parker. Depends what you want."

You. She heard her voice inside of her.

"Anymore bad dreams?"

"Quit the chit chat." She blew her hair away from her face.

Jarod gently pushed her locks away. Beautiful.

"Do you...do you mind? Get your hands away from me!"

"Sorry. What happened to us, Miss Parker? How'd we end up like this? Truthfully, do you really want me back at "The Centre"? Would it really please you that you win this cat and mouse game of ours? Don't throw your life away. Can you see us when we're both old and gray still at it? You run. I chase. Me in a wheelchair, you hobbling with a cane?"

She laughed. It wasn't her usual wicked laugh. To laugh: to find amusement and pleasure. Joy.

"I haven't heard you laugh like that in such a long time. You should do it more often."

"There's no laughter in my life. What do you propose us to do, Jarod? It's a way of life..for you...me. There isn't any other way, but "you run, I chase", is there?"

"We could disappear together."

Again, she laughed. Only he didn't. He had been serious.

Miss Parker looked away and kept silent. She imagined a life outside of "The Centre". He, as her lover, his arms around her waist. She kissed his lips gently. He responded passionately and ran his fingers through her auburn hair. Her hands slid down his body, her fingers unfastened his belt. She'd be curled up in bed, his body circled her like a spoon. They laid on soft satin sheets and made love all night long. Her thoughts quickly drifted away. She moved her hands about, felt pain around her wrist and jiggled her cuffs slowly. Jarod stuffed his hand into his pants pocket. He held the key between his fingers, inserted it into its hole, with a click, released Miss Parker. He stood back and waited, unsure of her move.

She rubbed each wrist to ease the pain. "Thank you." Her eyes were fixed on her 9mm which laid on the dresser.

He stood in front of her. "Parker, I said we could disappear together. If you won't, I guess I'll just have to kidnap you in doing so."

Jarod fell in love with the one woman who had been assigned for his capture. He knew of the heartaches it would bring, but he can't help it. His lips brushed against the back of her neck, he imagined. She'd thank him for his warmth and love during the night, he envisioned. They kissed tenderly, he yearned. At that very moment, he looked at her with sad, hungry eyes. Tired of sleeping alone at nights, he'd hoped to find comfort in her. He waited patiently for an answer.

Parker never thought she could actually fall in love with her enemy. She knew if she allowed herself to feel deeply for him, she'd definitely suffer the consequences, just to have a piece of her kidnapper's heart.

TBC - Chapter 2