Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning: Language

Disclaimer: I don’t own these characters, they belong to NBC and MTM and I don’t make money of this...and so on!

Please note that this story was NOT corrected by a beta-reader! I am going to have one for my next fic but for this last time –please ignore my mistakes, considering I’m not native English!

To JeZeBeL AKA Kamanaka Malia: Thanks for the review. However, it’s funny you say that because I got a lot of feebacks, saying they are IN character. That is my main aim and so far the thought that I managed to do a good job made me write. Now I was a bit uncertain –the upcoming 2 chapters are ready to post but if that really is the case, then I’m going to try to change that int he future. And about „Okey”. Many people who are a friend of mine and are native english use it as „Okey”, it’s probably the effect of chats, but I think people understand what I mean. Thanks for the review!

To Onisius: I will use less “!”...
********************************************************


Yesssssssssssss I know it’s been AGES!! I’m sorry guys, I neglected you, I was busy and had my attention elsewhere but I thought, it was time to show that no, the story is NOT forgotten! Just to make it up for you, you get 4 new chapters! Yep, you read it right, 4! I just really hope you like it and don’t forget, I had no beta reader, except from chapter 17! So… enough babble! Enjoy! And do not forget feedback!


Parker didn’t know what to say. This was the first time when she didn’t demand or order anything regarding her needs, in fact Jarod left her speechless through the whole time.

„Well?” Jarod finally spoke.

„Well what?” she asked, still trying to regain her breath.

„It was amazing!”

„Well...” Jarod’s eyes flew open as he lifted his head to look at her with a stunned expression on his face. That’s when he noticed the small, teasing smile on her face. „I think that’s what they call... ’fucked senseless’!” Jarod let out a chuckle.

„Oh dammit!” He said suddenly.

„What?” Parker asked, her brows furrowed.

„Protection… we forgot…”

„I’m on the pills.” He lifted a surprised gaze at her again. „Ah, you know me! Who knows when an old ’ acquaintance’ may show up!” Noticing his doubtful expression she rolled her eyes. „It became a habit! I was taking them even before Thommy too!

„Ah.” Was all his reply before he burried his face into her neck again.


Unknown place
20.36 pm

Sitting on the sofa, Major Charles glanced up as he noticed Sydney close the door to the other room behind him.

„How is Mr.Broots?” He asked.

„He started to bleed again but he’s fine. We shouldn’t have moved him but we had no other choice.” The Major nodded and lowered his head.

„Where are the others?” Sydney asked.

„Emily, Zoe and Debbie are in the other room that we rented. It’s smaller than ours but it’s enough for them. Ethan and JJ are helping them to pack out the… few things that we could bring with us.”

„Mhm!” Sydney nodded and walked to the window, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

„I’m worried!” The Major said after several seconds silence.

„Mhm.” Sydney said and it was obvious that he didn’t want to say it out loud that… the fact was, he was upset as well.

The Major saw that there was something esle bothering him but he didn’t ask. He knew their relationship –if he could called it that- wasn’t that close to ask such a question from a man like him. It was a fact that he worked for a Centre for a long time but that was another truth that without him, Raines could have gotten his hands on his son and it may have resulted something much worse. And in fact he had to admit that it was thanks to him that his son had a sense of justice and honesty, and he could make a difference between good and bad. And what amazed him the most that there was still lot of innocence in Jarod. Catherine Parker was right. It was a good thing in the bad that it was Sydney who took care of him.

The Centre
Mr. Raines’ office
20.50 pm

„So?” Mr.Raines asked into the phone, seeming restless.

<We are close! We haven’t found them yet but we are close, they are still here in town! We have sweepers at every car rental. The storm is pretty bad here so they can’t slip away without a car!>

„So they must be in a Motel somewhere!”

<Most likely, Sir! There are 6 Motels in town. It really is only a matter of hours until we…>

„You know your orderes, Lyle! I’ve… informed the Tirumvirate and they want Jarod finally back. They are running out of patience. They want the DSAs too and therefor we need him again.”

<Consider everything done! You are going to get him on a tray!>

Maine
A small motel room
21.45 pm

Switching the TV without stop, Jarod sat on the bed in the small room, staring at the screen. He couldn’t stop thinking of her. The feeling of
issing her, touching her and being inside her was more than he could take. They didn’t talk since their ’love-making’ -if he could call it that- because afterwards Parker went to retrieve their clothes. She found a hair dryer in the bathroom and since then she had been trying to make their clothes dry to be able to move as soon as possible. They both were wrapped only in a towel and every time he caught a glimpse of her bare shoulders and those graceful legs, things got warm for him. She didn’t want to talk and he didn’t push her either. This really wasn’t the time to thoroughly discuss their relationship however he had a bad feeling that –knowing her- there wasn’t going to be any good time for it. She tried to avoid any eyecontact with him and any time she met his gaze she turned away, pretending to be busy. But one thing was sure. He wasn’t going to let the case hanging like that, he was just waiting for the next chance to confront her -with what happened- the minute they were safe.

„Finished! That’s all I and the dryer could do.” She announced and with that threw his clothes at his head. With a grin on his face, Jarod freed himself and turned to look at her but all he could see was the way she slammed the bathroom-door shut. Jarod had to suppress a chuckle. He had touched and did a lot more than see her and she was bashful with *him* when *she* was famous for her sexuality.

„Thanks!” He murmured to himself and started to put on his clothes. For his surprise they were pretty okay. They were warm from the effect of the dryer and after several seconds he felt the coldness of the garment at only several places which was bearable.


Maine
Outside the motelroom
21.50 pm

„They are inside, Sir.” Willie said as he stepped up to Lyle.

„Perfect! Tell your men to prepare!”

„Yes, Sir!” Willie nodded and turned around. Cox, standing next to Lyle, watched as a satisfied expression appeared on Lyle’s face.

Maine
The small motel room
21.54 pm

Glancing at the clock on the nightstand, Jarod couldn’t decide whether he should knock to ask if she was ready or he should wait. The problem was that they were running out of time. As he turned around to knock, suddenly the door opened up and she was standing there fit and with the perfect look -considering the circumstances.

„Are you ready?” He asked after several seconds silence.

„How does it seem, Genius?” She asked, raising an eyebrow. And there they were, back in the game, he thought. It annoyed him but decided to delay this topic.

„You seem just fine, Miss Parker!” He said with a grin on his face. She raised her chin and tried to appear unaffected but she failed and instead she brushed past him.

„Then let’s get out of here!” She said and Jarod turned off the light in the bathroom before he turned in time to see Parker grabbing the door handle. Opening the door she found herself face to face with Willie.

„Okay let’s try it again.” She said, shaking her head. She closed the door and opened it again but Willie was still there. „Erm… I think we have a small problem!” She said taking a deep breath.

Confused, Jarod had no idea what was up with her and stepped up behind her to open the door wider just to see who she was talking about. His eyes went wide as he caught sight of the sweeper and grabbed Parker’s arm to pull her back. It took only several seconds until the room was full of sweepers, aiming their guns at them.

„Small?” Jarod whispered into her ear and received a fast, sharp glare from her.

„Well, well, well! Look who we have here!” Came the unmistakable male voice from the door. Both Jarod and Parker watched uneasily as Lyle walked into the room, followed by Cox. But a small amused smile appeared on Parker’s face as she caught sight of the small, blue lump on his jaw.

„Well, well, well! Look what the monkey has on his jaw.” She said, folding her arms in front of her. Rolling his eyes, Lyle nodded at Willie. The sweeper lowered his gun and stepped up to Miss Parker. Parker took out her Smith and Wesson and slapped it into his palm as she shook her head, indicating that she won’t let him touch her.

„Somehow I just knew this was going to be my day.” Lyle said with a smug grin on his face, his hands in his pockets. „Willie!” He suddenly turned serious and the sweeper grabbed Parker’s arm while two other sweepers held Jarod. Lyle nodded with his head and Willie pushed her out of the room. Parker pulled her arms roughly away from his grasp but walked out, throwing a cold glare at Lyle as she passed him. Her twin just stared back at her evilly and the sweeper escorted her out, followed by Cox.

„Now! It’s only you and I.” Lyle said as he stepped closer to Jarod just staring into his eyes.

„Hardly! There are lots of sweepers as well.” Jarod stated.

Maine
Outside of the Motel
Parking lot
21.59 pm

Parker just threw a sharp look at Willie after the sweeper roughly pushed her into one of the two waiting limousines. The man immediately followed her into the car, aiming his gun at her. He just stared at her with a poker face, sitting opposite her. The door opened up again and she watched Cox slid into the seat next to her before he shut the door behind himself.

„So? What’s the ride boys?” Cox let out an amused chuckle before he leant forward and took out a small box from under the seat.

He nodded at Willie and the sweeper raised his gun higher. Parker just raised an eyebrow at him, remaining unaffected. Turning her head, she noticed Cox opening the box. Her mind immediately alarmed as she realized what she saw. The box was full of needles, vials and small bottles of God only knows what kind of drugs. Cox opened a new packet syringe and needle and filled it with the content of one of the small bottles. She saw as an amused smile appeared on his face as he turned to her.

„Your arm, please!”

„Hahh! You wish!” She hissed. „No way you’re gonna…” She heard the cock of Willie’s gun and stopped in mid-sentence to slowly turn her head toward the sweeper, showing that she wasn’t scared at him.

„Miss Parker, please! You should be grateful because I’m offering you a choice. We can do it in the easy way or the hard way. It’s really up to you.” She didn’t reply, just raised her chin defiantly. Cox nodded at Willie and he immediately leant forward. Parker pulled her wrist out of his grasp.

„Alright!” She hissed and pushed up the arm of her jacket and blouse together. She watched as Cox emptied the syringe into her arm before he pulled the needle out and threw the used items into the small trash box on the door of the limousine. The last thing Miss Parker remembered was Cox hands on her upper arms before she passed out.

Maine
The small motel room
22.01 pm

„Now! I suppose it’s no use asking but I’ll give it a try. Where are the DSAs Jarod?”

„You were right! It’s no use asking.” He replied. It was obvious that Lyle awaited this answer and he stepped closer to Jarod. The Pretender watched as his eyes darkened before he punched him hard at the stomach. Jarod coughed several times as he doubled over in pain -as much as he could in the hold of the sweepers- but he tried to get a hold on himself.

„You’ll never get what you want!” He said.

„Oh but I already got.” Lyle bit back and punched him again before he grabbed his hair and backhanded him so hard that his lips split. „I’ve wanted this for quite a long time now!” That was the moment when Cox stepped into the room. Jarod could raise his head enough to saw and hear him whisper into Lyle’s ear.

„Everything’s done.” Lyle nodded and stepped back from Jarod to give Cox some space. Jarod started to struggle as he spotted the syringe in his hand but it was no use. Cox stung it into his arm and emptied it into him. He tried to fight it but the effect of the drug was getting stronger second by second. He could keep on while they carried him out, pulling him at the arms but the last things he saw was a limousine.

Unknown place
Same time

Sydney was restless. He kept on walking up and down in front of the window, lost in thoughts. The Major had gone to make sure the others were all right but since ten minutes he had been sitting on the couch again. He knew they had reasons to be worried but he tried to be optimistic until Ethan entered.

„They got them!” Sydney spun around and stared at him for a moment. The Major’s head immediately snapped up.

„How can you be so su…”

„I’m sure!” He said, cutting him off. „The voices told me!”

„Then we have to do something!” Sydney said, looking at him.

The Centre
Mr.Raines’ office
Friday- 0.04 am

„Yes, Sir! Exactly! If…[__] it isn’t necessary, Sir!...[__] I understand. I apologize. You are welcome any time you…[__] Yes, Sir!” Lyle watched as Raines placed the receiver back to it’s place.

„We are going to get a visit tomorrow. The Triumvirate wants everything under their supervision.”

„Whom do they send?” Lyle asked.

„Imamu, who else?” He said. „He’s going to get here in the morning! We have to get everything ready by the time he arrives.” Raines breathed in his raspy voice. Lyle just nodded as response. „And now it’s time to finally see it with my own eyes!” Raines said as he took a deep breath and straightened up from his chair.

Unknown place
0.10 am


Sitting on the couch, the Major rubbed his eyes. They had been trying to find out something for hours now but nothing came up. He still couldn’t believe that they got his son. He had escaped so many traps from the Centre but the fact that Ethan was certain bothered him. He had no idea how that inner sense of him worked and it was annoying. Finally standing up he walked up to him and placed two hands on his shoulders.

„If they got my son, then all we need is to bring him out. And you are the one who can help.” He said.

„No, I can’t!” He replied silently.

„Yes, you do! Jarod is your brother. You have to help him.” Ethan pushed his hands away. He didn’t like that tone. He knew the Major was just worried but he didn’t like it.

„I know he’s my brother! And by the way they have my sister as well!” He said angrily and Major Charles was a bit surprised. He had never seen him like that. Sydney walked up to him and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

„We know.” He said before he turned to his father. „His inner sense doesn’t work the way that the voices tell him everything that he needs to know. They don’t say sentences they just give you feelings and tell hints. But nothing more! It’s up to the person who has inner sense what he or she makes of it.” The Major watched as Ethan relaxed and a small wave of jealousy hit him. He let out a sigh and sat back on the couch.

„I’m sorry, son.” Ethan nodded as response and walked to the window. Major Charles tried to suppress the feeling but he couldn’t. He knew Sydney wasn’t doing it intentionally but he felt hurt because he had such a huge effects on his sons! But he had to push these thoughts away. Their sole aim was to find his son. And –as Ethan said- Miss Parker too.

The Centre
SL-27
Room 206
0.16 am

Standing in front of the window, a huge smile appeared on Raines’ face. Lyle couldn’t help the proud grin either as they watched Jarod tied to the operation table, half conscious.

„So you didn’t find the DSAs!” Raines breathed.

„No. He didn’t say a word. But he has just arrived half an hour ago and he’s just regaining consciousness now.” Raines walked past him without a word and nodded at the sweeper who opened the door for him.

Jarod slightly turned his head, in time to see Raines enter, followed by Lyle. His heart started to beat faster. This was the exact sight from his nightmares but he knew he had to get a hold on himself. He tried to raise his hands but that was when he realized that his wrists were tied to the table. And that was a bad sign.

„Welcome home, Jarod!” Raines breathed with a smile on his face.

„This is not my home!” He said, still feeling dizzy.

„I knew you were going to say that.” Lyle said, rolling his eyes.

„We have one question, Jarod.” Raines went on. „Where are the DSAs?”

„You wanna know, what?” He said and let out a chuckle.

„Don’t make things harder, Jarod.”

„You have nothing to threaten me with, Raines! And I’d rather die than reveal you anything.” Jarod said. Raines saw the rage in Lyle’s eyes as he opened his mouth to speak but Raines waved at him.

„We’ll see!” Raines said and nodded at one of the doctors who had been standing there silently. The man in white coat stepped forward and picked up a syringe. Jarod closed his eyes as he felt the needle in his flesh.

Leaving the room, the sweeper closed the door behind Raines and Lyle. Once outside, Raines turned to Lyle but the younger man knew what he wanted before he spoke and just nodded as response. The sweepers watched as Lyle led Raines out.

The Centre
SL-27
Room 210
0.20 am

„Did everything go according to the plan?” Raines asked as he turned his gaze to Cox. Lyle, standing next to his alleged father, stared through the window in front of him.

„Yes. All we need is your permission.” Raines nodded and walked past him. Cox watched as he entered the room.

„Aren’t you interested?” Cox asked, turning to Lyle.

„Oh, I’m going to have a lot of time to show my interest.” He said and turned back to the window with an evil smile on his face.

Stepping into the small room, Raines made his way to the operation table. Stopping in front of it, he smiled down. He nodded at the doctor who had been there. The man took the hint and left. Raines turned his attention back. Seeing the blue eyes slowly fluttering open, he took a deep breath.

„Good Morning Miss Parker!” Blinking several times, it took her a few seconds to adjust to the lights. But she knew the voice.

„What’s good in it?” She replied, her voice a bit hoarse from the lack of use.

„That the Centre has everything back and soon things are going to return to… normal.”

„Meaning?” She asked, her thoughts still fuzzy.

„Jarod back at the Centre, doing what he was meant to do, and you, dear, soon also fulfilling your destiny!”

„And that would be?” She asked as she slowly tried to move. Raines noticed her movements.

„Save your energies, Miss Parker! You will need it!” She turned her head and saw as Raines slowly turned around and left with his oxygen-tank on his side.

As the sweeper closed the door behind him, Raines stopped in front of Cox.

„You get the permission! In fact… it’s an order!” Raines said and turned his head to the window. „I want everything ready by tomorrow! Imamu arrives in the morning and he wants results.” He breathed.

„Yes, Sir!” Raines just turned back to glance at Cox for a short second before he turned to leave. Cox watched as Lyle stood there a bit longer, staring at his sister with a strange gleam in his eyes before he turned to follow Raines.





Chapter End Notes:
To be continued...

………..so??? want more? Go to the next chapter! :)